Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

You're that friend who is like "you've already talked yourself into buying it because reasons, why are you asking me? Ass."

Thank you.

You're welcome. :p

This man speaks the truth... we have all been there. ;)

Unless the VF-19Advance counts as a duplicate for my Yamato YF-19, I have not done this... yet... It's coming though.

On my wishlist is:

VF-27 gamma Brera Sterne

VF-171EX super parts set

YF-30

YF-25

The rest of SMS Skull squadron (R/VF-25S/G/F)(I have the VF-25F alto)

VF-19F (duplicate)

VF-19S

VF-1A/J (J with GPB)

Destroid Defender

VF-25 super parts

So yeah...

Perhaps. Finally in a place financially where doing more than talking about buying is an actual thing for me.

Thanks for the support! haha

Was just looking at your website. Creeper. =P

Which adapter would I ​need for the Bandai 19? Will the Arcadia work? Also, which would I need if I just wanted to display it in fighter? Thanks.

The 19 advance uses the DX adapters found here and here. You could just get this to dip your foot in the pool, too. It will work with the stand base the valk comes with.

You're welcome. :p

Unless the VF-19Advance counts as a duplicate for my Yamato YF-19, I have not done this... yet... It's coming though.

On my wishlist is:

VF-27 gamma Brera Sterne

VF-171EX super parts set

YF-30

YF-25

The rest of SMS Skull squadron (R/VF-25S/G/F)(I have the VF-25F alto)

VF-19F (duplicate)

VF-19S

VF-1A/J (J with GPB)

Destroid Defender

VF-25 super parts

So yeah...

Some of your wants can still be found for a decent price at hkcollectibles. I have ordered from them several times, and have had nothing but good experiences.

While posing my 19Advance in battroid I noticed I wasn't able to get the arms in some "across the chest" positions because it has no swivel at the bicep which is weird. Because Bandai really went out of their way to implement a waist joint which is arguably useless but still cool nonetheless.

But why is there no bicep swivel? One can even spin the forearm which is of no use pose-wise because it is under the double jointed elbow...

Am I missing something here?

I need to stay away from there, or I will wind up buying more VF-19s. My 19 collection is close to rivaling my set of VF-1s, and considering how many there are of those, that's saying something. :p

Last count, I think I have 15.. :ph34r:

wow! 15 19's! which ones do you have!?

I bought a few multiples with the intention of customizing them.. last count is at least 2 of each, with 3 of the 19F and 19P I think.

I hate the thought of modifying something only to trash it, so I bought backups. I plan on reworking one of the 19Ps into a white 19F somehow, possibly with shapeways printed wing components. I hesitate to paint anything, because the tolerances on those things are so incredibly tight.

I bought a few multiples with the intention of customizing them.. last count is at least 2 of each, with 3 of the 19F and 19P I think.

I wonder what are your plans to paint these. Playing with my 19p, it is really tight and I cant help and be scared of Paint chipping. This is very different with let's say a 25, which imo, with proper transformation, paint chips can be minimized.

It does have a Bicep swivel how else would I have been able to do this:

?

That's not a bicep swivel, maybe I've been watching too many toy review videos because I thought it was something everyone here understood ;P

a bicep swivel should allow the arm to rotate (360) at the bicep, every DX valk has had it so far, except this one

That's not a bicep swivel, maybe I've been watching too many toy review videos because I thought it was something everyone here understood ;P

a bicep swivel should allow the arm to rotate (360) at the bicep, every DX valk has had it so far, except this one

You know, I didn't play around with the battroid mode much, but now that you mention it and after thinking about it, it does limit the range of motion that putting the swivel above the elbow joint affords.

I'm looking at my advance right now, and the swivel is just below the first joint of the elbow, down from the shoulder. So I guess it's not a bicep swivel per se, but it's still incredibly poseable... I've still managed to get some cross the chest poses on the arms. So I'm having a hard time understanding your complaint. Maybe yours is just really stiff?

I'm looking at my advance right now, and the swivel is just below the first joint of the elbow, down from the shoulder. So I guess it's not a bicep swivel per se, but it's still incredibly poseable... I've still managed to get some cross the chest poses on the arms. So I'm having a hard time understanding your complaint. Maybe yours is just really stiff?

Cool. ;)

Btw, is it below or above the uniboob? :ph34r:

Cool. ;)

Btw, is it below or above the uniboob? :ph34r:

I can get the arms across the chest both above and below the uniboob, if that's what you meant. As for the swivel,if that's what you were inquiring about, if the arms are perpendicular to the ground, the swivel is below the level of the uniboob, just above the elbow joint at the forearm.

I hope those answer the questions.

Somehow, that grey low vis scheme looks kinda boring to me... Looks like it's just a dirty tin can kind of color.

I really like that dirty tin can look! Gives it that deployed / used look! I know that if they ever made that grey CF color that it wouldn't have the dirty look but the grey really appeals to me just like real life fighters in the field.

It would be an instant buy for me!

It's not really a matter of stiffness. I'll illustrate the difference in the implementations for having the swivel above or below the elbow joint:

DSC_6768.jpg

Here, Ozma can swing his arms outward and make use of the double joint and do a flex.

Isamu can only make use of one and can only go a max of 90 degrees. Using the second joint would only cause the arms to fold forward.

It's not really a matter of stiffness. I'll illustrate the difference in the implementations for having the swivel above or below the elbow joint:

DSC_6768.jpg

Here, Ozma can swing his arms outward and make use of the double joint and do a flex.

Isamu can only make use of one and can only go a max of 90 degrees. Using the second joint would only cause the arms to fold forward.

I see your point. Then I suppose it's a function of the arm transformation mechanism. I'm guessing there really wasn't a way to get a true bicep swivel and do the transformation the way they wanted it? I'll have to think on that.

They could have done the swivel at the bicep not that I look at it, and think about it. I don't know why they chose to do it the way they did. Even with the odd placement of that swivel I find the toy more than adequate for my wants and desires. Unless there was some kind of problem with putting the swivel in the bicep that we don't know about, I mean I took a closer look at the shoulder and bicep area, and it just looks like there's a lot going on there, maybe they didn't wan't to introduce a failure point into that area. Who knows?

It's not a big deal but it did prevent me from getting some poses, actually I was quite surprised when I realized that the swivel wasn't above the double elbow joints but in between.

I'm kind of torn on this toy, between my admiration for Bandai making some really intricate design choices (mostly the waist joint, ball jointed shoulders) and the fact that these are also not very useable while posing the toy. The shoulders can barely move 1mm forth and back and the waist can only barely rotate (I dented the plastic around the hip joint while using it the first time).

Also wish Bandai made the extra work to make the gunpod stow in the shield because that is a simple yet cool feature on the Arcadia

The Arcadia triple hinge kinda bothers me now that I've seen how Bandai executed it. It just looks better, and the Yamato was very similar. The Bandai feels like they took the best parts of the yamato, and the arcadia, designed the toy, and redesigned it with the new features they waned to add. While the toy does seem over engineered at first blush, it doesn't seem fiddly enough to be called that.

I'm not tempted to get another one in the Isamu Colors, but if they do repaints I'm getting one.

The Arcadia triple hinge kinda bothers me now that I've seen how Bandai executed it. It just looks better, and the Yamato was very similar. The Bandai feels like they took the best parts of the yamato, and the arcadia, designed the toy, and redesigned it with the new features they waned to add. While the toy does seem over engineered at first blush, it doesn't seem fiddly enough to be called that.

That triple hinge and the gap on tp pof the chest right above the nose cone on the Yamato/Arcasia 19s are my main gripes. and probably the ankle ball joints. Still cant wait to get the VF-19 Kai.

What this triple hinge?

I think they're referring to the the VF-19Adv leg's colapsible covers.

I was referring to the mechanism the Yamato VF-19/Arcadia YF-19 uses to bring the spine and upper torso up and over the cockpit block. The Bandai uses a similar extending mechanism to the Yamato YF-19, only better engineered and die-cast.