Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

The Y/VF-19 though probably has one of the weakest Gerwalk modes of all, mainly because of how the arms come out.

Man, that's like one of my favorite things about the 19's gerwalk. :lol: It's an uncommon configuration that I feel the 19 pulls off very well (unlike the VF-17's gerwalk, which I wholly agree is horrendous, haha).

Gerwalk is my second favorite mode because it contains elements of my favorite mode (fighter!) while having the limbs and poseability of a more conventional mecha. I also love what a practical mode it is in-universe, sort of a jack-of-all-trades mode that can be effective in an array of situations. Above all else though, the silhouette of a valk in gerwalk is just so distinctly Macross, it's the mode that scream "this is Macross!" to me more than any other.

post-197-0-62601000-1439364417_thumb.jpg

Here's the best I could do today with a very shoddy setup and lighting. If anyone has Illustrator skills, this could be cleaned up a lot. And yes, that's as rough as those little lines really are.

The measurements, using a very rough ruler are 7.5mm x 3mm. If I were using my micrometer (which isn't here) I'm sure I could get more accurate dimensions. Bear in mind, the 3mm does not include the little red and yellow items sticking up above the console.

(click for 1600px wide version)

*snip*

Very cool, thanks for doing this mickyg! About the earlier mentions of the white edges showing when printing/cutting these out with paper, maybe carefully running the edge of the cut-out along the tip of a sharpie would help mask that? Gonna have to give these a shot when I have the chance.

Absolutely a sharpie would work. Even a black ball point pen would. In fact, that might work better because there's less chance of the ink bleeding.

I'm still hoping someone can clean this uonin illustrator for better scalable printing. I did a test run in word today because I have nothing else that allows me to shrink this high resolution images down to the right size. Surprisingly, it worked!

Man, that's like one of my favorite things about the 19's gerwalk. :lol: It's an uncommon configuration that I feel the 19 pulls off very well (unlike the VF-17's gerwalk, which I wholly agree is horrendous, haha).

Gerwalk is my second favorite mode because it contains elements of my favorite mode (fighter!) while having the limbs and poseability of a more conventional mecha. I also love what a practical mode it is in-universe, sort of a jack-of-all-trades mode that can be effective in an array of situations. Above all else though, the silhouette of a valk in gerwalk is just so distinctly Macross, it's the mode that scream "this is Macross!" to me more than any other.

Gerwalk mode is definitely a trademark Macross thing. It was also pretty nice to see it used more often in Frontier. The way the 91's gerwalk works is interesting and unique, however no toy ever really manages to pull it off adequately. This toy managed it the best, but it's still a bit lacking, mostly in the fact that the arms are severely limited in their range of motion due to the wing roots in the armpits.

Still I'm very satisfied with this toy, though I do wish the look of the double jointed elbow was a bit more, natural looking, but you can only do so much with plastic, and I'm quite satisfied that the mechanism is a bit more concealed than the Yamato VF-19F.

Now to get measurements off of the arms to aid Kurisama in making the M+ arm cannons...

Macross is not Macross without the Gerwalks. ;)

Even the SDF-1 have a 'gerwalk' mode. :lol:

attachicon.gifSDF1gerwalk.jpg

Where is that image from?

Waste material extraction.

Poop. It's a poop joke.

You're right, it does look quite like the old SDF-1 is having a shite.

That pic isnt using the leg packs, just so you know. Still works pretty well, but the shoulder packs stick up a little that way.

I had not noticed that, but now i cannot unsee it. The leg packs are definitely needed to bring the packed up fighter mode look correct.

Here's the best I could do today with a very shoddy setup and lighting. If anyone has Illustrator skills, this could be cleaned up a lot. And yes, that's as rough as those little lines really are.

The measurements, using a very rough ruler are 7.5mm x 3mm. If I were using my micrometer (which isn't here) I'm sure I could get more accurate dimensions. Bear in mind, the 3mm does not include the little red and yellow items sticking up above the console.

(click for 1600px wide version)

Thanks, Mickyg!

I don't have Illustrator, but I used Inkscape (is open source so it was free :p) to create a vector graphics file based on that image.

I'm not experienced with these things at all so I'm sure this could be done better by someone who knows what they're doing, but here's my go at it.

Close up image:

post-10222-0-98141000-1439431034_thumb.png

The actual vector graphics file is attached, resized (I think) to the proper dimensions to fit the VF-19Advance.

Anyone can open up the file and change the colors or whatever for each object.

VF-19 HUD panel 1.zip

Guilty as charged, I just need to set away some time to get those packs in.

No worries. They can be a pain. If I didn't have as much free time as I do, I'd be having issues too.

Honestly, I think it looks better that way, just because the wing gloves actually attach to the legs. :p

The gaps in the wing glove don't actually bother me as much as I thought they would. Probably because it's still a more fun toy than my Yamato...

Thanks, Mickyg!

I don't have Illustrator, but I used Inkscape (is open source so it was free :p) to create a vector graphics file based on that image.

I'm not experienced with these things at all so I'm sure this could be done better by someone who knows what they're doing, but here's my go at it.

Close up image:

panel closeup.png

The actual vector graphics file is attached, resized (I think) to the proper dimensions to fit the VF-19Advance.

Anyone can open up the file and change the colors or whatever for each object.

Awesome! Thanks to both of you for these. Those are substantially cleaned up and should make for a slightly crisper print, if your printer is up for it, of course.

I am very seriously considering pulling the trigger on this. Any advice on whether I should or not? Anything coming down the pipe in the 19 area I might want to wait for or is the Bandai pretty much the definitive?

I just don't want to snooze on a it now and have it triple in price later.

I am very seriously considering pulling the trigger on this. Any advice on whether I should or not? Anything coming down the pipe in the 19 area I might want to wait for or is the Bandai pretty much the definitive?

I just don't want to snooze on a it now and have it triple in price later.

I'd do it, that's actually not a bad price, I paid about $10 less, so around that is just fine. I noticed some sellers are asking top dollar ($300-$400) for it, which is nuts. I mean I don't doubt people will pay that, but if that's what they're going to go for later on I'm glad I got mine when I did.

As a toy, it has some problems, the super parts are fiddly, and leave some gaps in fighter mode, making you wonder just how much effort Bandai actually put into engineering the super parts. However, the basic toy is just beautiful, and superbly executed. They even managed to work a waist swivel in, which given that it's a YF-19 style toy is amazing. It's not much articulation but, dude, it has a waist swivel! Some folks will complain about the jointed front landing gear, but I'll take that over not having a waist, and having that awful pelican gullet that the Yamato suffered. Some of the accessories are unnecessary, but oh so much fun. The Pin-Point Barrier Punch effect is extremely fun, and the articulation is amazing.

Check out this fight scene I did between Isamu and Alto, that showcases how great the poesability is! Also how much fun the PPB Punch effect is:

WP 20150808 010

WP 20150808 011

WP 20150808 012

*No VF toys were harmed in the making of this scene*

If you're like me and love the 19, this is definitely worth having. If you like M+, this is worth having. If you want a damn good transforming toy that looks good in all three modes, definitely worth having.

As for new stuff in the pipeline, we're speculating that Bandai will release repaints, and maybe some customs, but those won't include the super parts I bet, and those are nice to have, even though they can be fiddly and frustrating (at first).

Definitely do it.

*snip*

You're that friend who is like "you've already talked yourself into buying it because reasons, why are you asking me? Ass."

Thank you.

Fulfilled by Amazon is a plus too.

Done. Second valk ever. Gonna look great next to my V1 VF-1J. Haha

If you like the YF-19 you need a VF-19Advance. That's my story and I'm sticking to it (even though I've had limited time to handle mine).

I agree though i would add that you also need Arcadia's yf-19 as well. Get both :p

You're that friend who is like "you've already talked yourself into buying it because reasons, why are you asking me? Ass."

Thank you.

Fulfilled by Amazon is a plus too.

Done. Second valk ever. Gonna look great next to my V1 VF-1J. Haha

And so it starts. 1 becomes 2, 2 becomes 4 ... then suddenly you're buying the same valk in triplicate.

Edited by Sandman

Oh, and you'll need a YF-21, 'cause reasons. Since you are going that far, you'll also need a VF-11 at some point. And so on, and so on. Welcome to the fold :p

Edited by ChaoticYeti

Perhaps. Finally in a place financially where doing more than talking about buying is an actual thing for me.

Thanks for the support! haha

Oh, and you'll need a YF-21, 'cause reason. Some you are going that far, you'll also need a VF-11 at some point. And so on, and so on. Welcome to the fold :p

Was just looking at your website. Creeper. =P

Which adapter would I ​need for the Bandai 19? Will the Arcadia work? Also, which would I need if I just wanted to display it in fighter? Thanks.