Arcadia VF-1J Full Armor - January 2015

joppewo

Just saw it at USD 215 in a store, worth it? Or I better wait for the Bandai Hi Metal R?

That isn't a bad price from what I have seen. The bandai high metal r's will be a smaller scale than everything else you have picked up lately. 1/100, I believe, whereas your other Macross items all sit around 1/60.

Guest davidwhangchoi

mcr254l.jpg

Lower left side, labeled VT-250

That's awesome that you pointed that out. Now having a mass production. Vf-1a in armor is canon.

I don't know what episode that screengrab is from. I saw it in the Sightgag thread on the Movies and TV subforum. I like most of you never noticed it either, only after is was pointed out while they were discussing the various shout outs featured in the picture.

But that VF-1A has just the GBP shoulder armor. The chest is similar to the Orguss Valkyrie and it has no forearms armor either.

It's a cool hybrid by the way!

I think it's a case of bad animation, it's clearly supposed to be a VF-1A in GBP-1 armor. There's so much going on in that picture, and it was a brief section of animation, as background, so not as much attention was paid to it. I think that's a safe assumption.

i think there are some screenshots(or it is a full animated cut scene, damn i can't remeber...) on the DYRL game on Saturn and Playstation with a Vf-1a wearing the armored parts. I remember that it looked pretty cool... you should be able to find something on youtube.

I knew something else other than a Hikaru 1J had donned the armor! Thanks all for proving it wasn't my just imagination afterall.

That 1A in armor looks badass. Someone do a custom diorama of the entire screen shot already!

By the way, which episode did that screen shot come from? I'm gonna check it out

There was a Custom VF-1A in gbp armour on this site a while ago painted to look like box art of a model kit does anyone know where this is?

It looked like the crusader mech scheme from battlettech with tan and red scheme for the armour

There is a custom one in the gallery. Look under 1/60 customs and the member was lordmasterprince. I believe it's a v.1

post-7577-0-62554600-1439236161_thumb.jpg

Edited by wmkjr

I knew something else other than a Hikaru 1J had donned the armor! Thanks all for proving it wasn't my just imagination afterall.

That 1A in armor looks badass. Someone do a custom diorama of the entire screen shot already!

By the way, which episode did that screen shot come from? I'm gonna check it out

Episode 27. The scene right before the Macross shoots all its missiles at Bodolza.

Probably, it's one of those 'Gundam Mobile Suit Variations' thing. It's not featured within the regular series but more like concepts outside the series. As seen on the old model kits or drawings/paintings before. Unless, Big West/Kawamori says there aren't and it's not canon.

Isn't that a "VF-1R"?

Nah, I think it's just an animation error. In the next scene it loses the 2 extra lasers and looks like a regular 1A. I was only joking about it being canon because I don't think that everything seen in the TV series can automatically be considered as such since it had lots of animation errors.

Edited by ArchieNov