23 hours ago, azrael said:

Yes, chef!

Can't wait for this season's round of absolute chaos. While I never worked in a restaurant of that caliber, working for a catering company that only made from scratch, in house organic specialties (for 100-300 people at a time... once almost 500 for a massive wedding... even the Governor & his family attended.) & private candle lit wine tastings & tapas dishes, that experience was intense enough because being really good didn't count, perfection or nothing. I love The Bear, but I do get some wicked flashbacks from it. 

Finally watched the first season of 3 Body Problem, and it was pretty good. Very well done characters and scenes, including some really heartbreaking ones, and a compelling story. 

My only problem is I think they made the aliens too advanced...

Spoiler

When the San'te finally revealed themselves to the world, they covered the Earth in a 'screen' that basically blocked out sunlight. You want to defeat humanity? Keep that in place. Society will be gone in a matter of weeks do to rioting and general craziness - and as mass starvation sets in as crops die off and then live-stock. But inexplicably, in the next episode it is clear skies as, for some reason, the San'te have lifted their boot before squashing us bugs.

Maybe there'll be an explanation for it?

Still, I liked it a lot and look forward to next season.

I know this released a while back, but we just finished it tonight. Great little series, if there should be a season 2 then we're all on board. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/11/2024 at 10:17 PM, mikeszekely said:

I'm only a handful of episodes into it, but so far I think it's quite good.

Ok, three seasons down, one to go, and it might be the best show I've seen since in years.

On 5/15/2024 at 1:26 PM, Old_Nash_II said:

And nothing about Butlerian Jihad...

Dang, I might actually want to check out Dune: Prophecy, but I already decided that I'm canceling Max.

EDIT: I know it's said that the Butlerian Jihad is about 10,000 years before Dune, and they're advertising Prophecy as also about 10,000 years before Dune, but if Prophecy is about the founding of the Bene Geserit it should be roughly a decade after the end of the Butlerian Jihad.

Edited by mikeszekely

On 6/7/2024 at 11:03 PM, mikeszekely said:

EDIT: I know it's said that the Butlerian Jihad is about 10,000 years before Dune, and they're advertising Prophecy as also about 10,000 years before Dune, but if Prophecy is about the founding of the Bene Geserit it should be roughly a decade after the end of the Butlerian Jihad.

I have a feeling it will touch on those events possibly in flashbacks or maybe as an overall beginning to the series before it sets itself in its actual time

46 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

Yeah, interesting series that we liked but would be surprised if SUGAR gets a second season.

Currently Apple TV hasn't marked it as cancelled and the creators seem to be teasing another round, but if one season is all we get, I'm happy with that.