Tamashii Online Exclusive DX Chogokin Tornado Parts for VF25F/G

IXTL

Mine just landed! I love how the TWE are shipped with plain shipper boxes to help protect the contents.

37158E26-7F6C-46B7-97E8-36573A4A4F03.jpg

Not quite, in Japan if you order just 1 unit they just slap a label on it and will ship it in that box alone and it will get dings, trust me ive gotten a few like that :(. We get lucky because NY orders multiples and then they are thrown in a biggger box. But i do agree for storage those brown boxes are great! If i dont get them i feel like the whole "web exclusive" package is incomplete :lol:

Edited by anubis20

Thanks Saburo! I love your pics BTW. c",) Here are a few pics in Fighter mode. Gerwalk and Battroid will need to wait since I gotta leave the house. Enjoy!

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

Thank you, these are great shots! I'll have to live through everyone's photos till mine arrive.

Got mine in as well today...in my rush I somehow managed to break the wing root, the small peg on the underside of the wing that fits into the leg portion of the Tornado/Super/Armor parts of my 25F that I bought just for the Tornado Packs. And then lost the damn piece before I could try and glue it back on. :(

With regards to weight, from what I can tell there is no appreciable difference in weight from a 25 with Tornado vs. Armor Parts, with a slight nod going to the armor parts, probably from the sheer number of additional pieces.

-b.

Sorry to hear that Kaneda :( How did it break?

Got mine in as well today...in my rush I somehow managed to break the wing root, the small peg on the underside of the wing that fits into the leg portion of the Tornado/Super/Armor parts of my 25F that I bought just for the Tornado Packs. And then lost the damn piece before I could try and glue it back on. :(

With regards to weight, from what I can tell there is no appreciable difference in weight from a 25 with Tornado vs. Armor Parts, with a slight nod going to the armor parts, probably from the sheer number of additional pieces.

-b.

If the armor parts are heavier then that means the braces aren't necessarily a requirement. However, is that with the packs, or with all of the additional space fingers and giant suspended missile tubes attached as well?

ChaoticYeti, looks like its hold in place, did you notice any problems when posing it without the brace?

Problems? Yes. It is very back heavy. I have it tilted as far back as I can so the nose doesn't touch without having it tip backwards.

Here are some battroid pics.

XQxbSIWl.jpg

hikjgI0l.jpg

Jeepers. That's a whole lotta armor.

Any idea why the four thrusters' intake covers are so big? Do they fire missiles? Are they themselves missiles? And if not, why are they there anyway?

Jeepers. That's a whole lotta armor.

Any idea why the four thrusters' intake covers are so big? Do they fire missiles? Are they themselves missiles? And if not, why are they there anyway?

I have no idea. My take so far:

Fighter mode is awesome and solid.

Gerwalk looks awesome but is finicky.

Battroid mode is... not for me. I do not wish to cause that much visible pain to an inanimate object.

Problems? Yes. It is very back heavy. I have it tilted as far back as I can so the nose doesn't touch without having it tip backwards.

Here are some battroid pics.

XQxbSIWl.jpg

hikjgI0l.jpg

Good to know, thanks for posting pics. :)

Edited by Saburo

Battroid mode is... not for me. I do not wish to cause that much visible pain to an inanimate object.

Bummer, was planning to have Michaels in Battroid and Alto's in Gerwalk... what to do now.

Thank you, these are great shots! I'll have to live through everyone's photos till mine arrive.

Sorry to hear that Kaneda :( How did it break?

Thank you, luckily I had an extra 25 laying around that I'm now using. I guess I could sell the one that broke since it's practically brand new and never transformed.

The breakage was ALL my fault, I was in a hurry and not paying attention and forced a separation of wing and leg (while all armor was attached) and broke that little tab clean off.

If the armor parts are heavier then that means the braces aren't necessarily a requirement. However, is that with the packs, or with all of the additional space fingers and giant suspended missile tubes attached as well?

I would say that the braces are needed in Battroid and Gerwalk based on the sheer size of the Tornado parts, they aren't "heavy" per say but they're large enough that they'd stress joints just from the amount of extra added mass (if that makes sense).

Agree with the assessment of Fighter mode and I can reasonably assume/agree with that of Gerwalk and Battroid (mine shall remain in Fighter with Tornado Parts).

-b.

Agree with the assessment of Fighter mode and I can reasonably assume/agree with that of Gerwalk and Battroid (mine shall remain in Fighter with Tornado Parts).

-b.

My only gripe with fighter mode, now that I have gone back and forth, is that the gunpod adapter has a weak connection. It will fall off without much provocation.

My only gripe with fighter mode, now that I have gone back and forth, is that the gunpod adapter has a weak connection. It will fall off without much provocation.

TRUTH

And that was the reason/root cause of how I broke mine, I'd forgotten to extend that gunpod connector and had to move the legs out of the way to get to the arms to move them out of the way to get to the extension that allows you to attach the gunpod with armor parts on.

UGH

-b.

TRUTH

And that was the reason/root cause of how I broke mine, I'd forgotten to extend that gunpod connector and had to move the legs out of the way to get to the arms to move them out of the way to get to the extension that allows you to attach the gunpod with armor parts on.

UGH

-b.

To that point, I can see how you broke that peg on the wing. One of my wings plugs very tightly into the leg armor. I had read you broke yours, so I took my time and came away without a broken peg.

The sheer size of these things kinda bugs me, I admit. It's not a matter of the parts weighing more or less than the armor, it's the fact that these concentrate a significant portion of the weight a bit farther out than the armor reaches. If they weigh the same as the armor, depending on where the CoG is, they might be putting more strain on the wings.

To that point, I can see how you broke that peg on the wing. One of my wings plugs very tightly into the leg armor. I had read you broke yours, so I took my time and came away without a broken peg.

Cool, glad that were able to avoid the same issue. Really should have been taking my time, but oh well...

The sheer size of these things kinda bugs me, I admit. It's not a matter of the parts weighing more or less than the armor, it's the fact that these concentrate a significant portion of the weight a bit farther out than the armor reaches. If they weigh the same as the armor, depending on where the CoG is, they might be putting more strain on the wings.

Strain on the wings in Fighter, yes, BUT that strain is mitigated a bit because of how the wing sits against the leg (at the part where they'd fold up/down or back for transformation into Battroid, or where you'd fold them up to attach the leg armor in Fighter), it helps lessen or reduce the amount of stress placed on the wing itself because it's braced or held up by the leg/leg armor.

I think it'll be OK in Fighter, but I'd use a brace in any other mode for sure.

-b.

I actually want to say that I don't think so, since despite the horribly inaccurate leg pack transformation, I think the bulkier design of the 1.0 might have been sturdier overall (if you don't count the tendencies the armor packs had to crack the entire backplate).

Problem really is, the attachment points on the v.2 wing roots aren't all that sturdy to begin with. The small pegs they latch on with let the armor flop around a little more than I'd prefer. For what it's worth, these look like they might be much sturdier, since they envelop so much of the wing root.

I actually want to say that I don't think so, since despite the horribly inaccurate leg pack transformation, I think the bulkier design of the 1.0 might have been sturdier overall (if you don't count the tendencies the armor packs had to crack the entire backplate).

Problem really is, the attachment points on the v.2 wing roots aren't all that sturdy to begin with. The small pegs they latch on with let the armor flop around a little more than I'd prefer. For what it's worth, these look like they might be much sturdier, since they envelop so much of the wing root.

It's been so long since I've handled a v1 25F with Tornado Parts but from faint memory I'd venture to say that the v1 felt sturdier. That's not to say that these feel flimsy, but a chunky monkey tank they're not.

-b.

And it has arrive folks. the installation should be easy but made slightly difficult due to the size of the parts. Weight is more or less like the armour parts. I have no plan to transform it again due to the bigger parts. Installation is done in GERWALK mode so I can transform it back fighter easily.

Again the fighter mode should be fine in long period due to the added support pegs from the wing part to the leg armour. The gun bracket is a bit short and the gun can easily fall off. Due to the gap between the arms in fighter mode, I just pegged in the bracket to just one hand.

The parts. The additional brackets are put in a plastic bag and tapped behind.

10505438_10152304476802861_5632840247193

The before and after installation of the VTOL part.

10498256_10152304476807861_5645592386542

The wing peg for support and fitting.

10258263_10152304476797861_6360168534133

The too short gun pod bracket.

10325358_10152304476812861_2745803953117

Tornado and YF29 comparison.

10448670_10152304476817861_3556310817356

And it has arrive folks. the installation should be easy but made slightly difficult due to the size of the parts. Weight is more or less like the armour parts. I have no plan to transform it again due to the bigger parts. Installation is done in GERWALK mode so I can transform it back fighter easily.

Again the fighter mode should be fine in long period due to the added support pegs from the wing part to the leg armour. The gun bracket is a bit short and the gun can easily fall off. Due to the gap between the arms in fighter mode, I just pegged in the bracket to just one hand.

The parts. The additional brackets are put in a plastic bag and tapped behind.

I was going to do mine without the additional missile thing and engine attachments. Does that reduce the weight by any significant amount?

I was going to do mine without the additional missile thing and engine attachments. Does that reduce the weight by any significant amount?

The optional missile pods do add a noticeable amount of weight.

*snip*

The wing peg for support and fitting.

10258263_10152304476797861_6360168534133

*snip*

Nice pictures and summary, I hope you don't mind me highlighting this picture, as that white peg is shown above that plugs into the leg armor is exactly what I managed to break on my Alto.

-b.