Tamashii Online Exclusive DX Chogokin Tornado Parts for VF25F/G

IXTL

Are you missing the arm armor?

Damn, can't get anything past you guys. :) I forgot to put the arm armor on and didn't notice till after I was done taking pics. :(

Took down the photos, I'll retake them with the armor parts on.

Edited by Saburo

I think you need the leg armor to help prop up/support the very heavy wings in fighter.

I can't see how that would be the case.

If you're not attaching any parts of the leg armor (top or side) then you can still place the wing attachments on and have the wing attach to the leg the same as if there were no parts of armor on at at.

Mommar's point is that you need something to support the weight (which is 100% correct) but it can be achieved just the same as if there were no Super/Armor/Tornado parts attached.

-b.

Great pics as usual. Starting to really like the tornado parts. Can't wait for mine.

Thank you, I really like the Tornado Parts. It's awesome to look at in fighter mode, they look good in gerwalk and Battroid mode. Hope you get your set soon.

Im going to add the chest armor and upper leg thruster covers from the Super Parts to mine. i feel like it's very back heavy, and needs a little balancing.

I am going to some armor mix and match eventually, for now I am going to leave it as it is. Post pics of your armor configurations.

On side note, I find that crotch brace it comes with is very helpful with the Tornado and Armored parts to keep the Valk from collapsing. Does anyone know if there is a shapeways piece available like that brace? I'd like to get them for my armored VF-25.

Edited by Saburo

Thank you, I really like the Tornado Parts. It's awesome to look at in fighter mode, they look good in gerwalk and Battroid mode. Hope you get your set soon.

I am going to some armor mix and match eventually, for now I am going to leave it as it is. Post pics of your armor configurations.

On side note, I find that crotch brace it comes with is very helpful with the Tornado and Armored parts to keep the Valk from collapsing. Does anyone know if there is a shapeways piece available like that brace? I'd like to get them for my armored VF-25.

Would it be identical to the one with the tornado parts? I could model it in a few minutes if it hasn't been already.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

Saburo gorgeous pics as usual, but just wanted to add that you should try a little more side lighting. It'll make the valk pop a bit more.

Shukenzero, I am always looking for ways to improve my shots thank you for the tip. :)

Ha! Just noticed that you used the 25S/A gunpod for those photos Saburo. Very nice.

-b.

I was wondering if anyone would notice :) The gunmetal gunpods looks so much better. :D

Would it be identical to the one with the tornado parts? I could model it in a few minutes if it hasn't been already.

You are awesome CY! :hail:

Yes, it would be identical to the one included with the Tornado parts. That would be great if you could model it and make it available for sale I'd buy a bunch of a few of them or if you had them in sets too. :D

Edited by Saburo

Shukenzero, I am always looking for ways to improve my shots thank you for the tip. :)

I was wondering if anyone would notice :) The gunmetal gunpods look so much better. :D

You are awesome CY! :hail:

Yes, it would be identical to the one included with the Tornado parts. That would be great if you could model it and make it available for sale I'd buy a bunch of a few of them or if you had them in sets too. :D

I'll have some time tomorrow. I could probably print a couple for you, too.

I'll have some time tomorrow. I could probably print a couple for you, too.

Awesome! Thank you CY I really appreciate it. :)

Great pic Saburo!! I am still waiting my local store to call me....

Thank you Swoosh, I hope you get your call soon. The wait would be driving me crazy. :wacko:

Thank you Swoosh, I hope you get your call soon. The wait would be driving me crazy. :wacko:

Fantastic photos again!!!

Are you going to start a thread that outlines your lights, lighbox setup? Did you make it yourself of is it a ready made thing, love that deep black background, how do you get it so it doesn't get lit at all? Is it a piece of black acrylic on the bottom? I'd love to get a decent setup like that.

Fantastic photos again!!!

Are you going to start a thread that outlines your lights, lighbox setup? Did you make it yourself of is it a ready made thing, love that deep black background, how do you get it so it doesn't get lit at all? Is it a piece of black acrylic on the bottom? I'd love to get a decent setup like that.

I have been meaning to start a page/thread for my photography that includes tutorials, but this thing called work gets in the way all the time. :lol: I am still learning as I go and not a professional photographer.

Edited by Saburo

Had some time this morning to whip something up. Saburo, PM me. We will work something out.

SeFbLtCl.jpg

Edited by ChaoticYeti

Pardon my asking, but the Armored set already comes with its own crotch brace for battroid, right? Why would you need to use/make one based on the Tornado/VF-27 crotch brace?

Pardon my asking, but the Armored set already comes with its own crotch brace for battroid, right? Why would you need to use/make one based on the Tornado/VF-27 crotch brace?

Yes, the Armored Parts does come with brace/stand connecter but I like the Tornado brace because its smaller and harder to see.

Edited by Saburo

All these photos are so win! Judging on fitment and build, worth ordering from NY? If i still can?

In my opinion yes (Fighter mode only for my Tornado parts), so if you're looking for a lot of mileage out of Battroid and/or Gerwalk then you may want to see what others have to say.

-b.

Yeti, you should make those braces available too, I like how it is way more discrete than the one that comes with the armor parts.

If there is enough interest in it, sure.

51wxKMDl.jpg

djB5tbyl.jpg

RjDa5YQl.jpg

Apologize for the YF-25. It is my only battroid at the moment.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

All these photos are so win! Judging on fitment and build, worth ordering from NY? If i still can?

I think its worth it. Like some of the others have said the Tornado parts look great in fighter mode, but has balance issues in Gerwalk and Battroid mode.

Edited by Saburo