Tamashii Online Exclusive DX Chogokin Tornado Parts for VF25F/G

IXTL

question: is it even possible to get this thing to stand on it's own two feet in gerwalk mode? I tried with it fully loaded and it's so damn back heavy I just can't get it to balance with any reasonable leg positioning. Admittedly, with the gerwalk brace in place it's the most rock solid Macross toy I've ever handled, but It can't stand up at all.Outside of battroid mode, I think this one will need to be on a stand all the time.

Yep, none of my gerwalk shots used the additional brace. Just the one already attached to the back of the valk (the one with the gun attachment).

I don't consider that a brace in the same vain as an auxiliary piece not a part of the valk being attached for a specific mode. If it is integrated and unobtrusive, it is fine by me.

I don't consider that a brace in the same vain as an auxiliary piece not a part of the valk being attached for a specific mode. If it is integrated and unobtrusive, it is fine by me.

I agree, I was just being thorough in my description of what I used to achieve a freestanding gerwalk. :)

I just got both of my Alto Tornado Packs today but haven't had a chance to mess with them much except open one to take a quick peek. I didn't know the cannons can swivel up and down...what I don't like about them is that they could use a small detent so it's easier to swivel them back to horizontal by feel (and keep them horizontal). I could see myself bumping them inadvertently and then having to eyeball them back to horizontal.

If you need any more, locally the tornadoes are going for $91. How much did you pay for them?

Wait... Don't tell me that $91 is brand new? I'm going to cry if that's brand new. Hahaha! :lol:

Oh well, the used item itself costs Y9800 without shipping. But based on their shipping calculator, everything will be around $118-120 something I believe. Which for me is kinda ok since I'm not planning to get one from NY. Would you believe 3 days ago it was Y8000. Now it's Y13500. And that's not even including the shipping cost. Sheesh. :wacko:

Wait... Don't tell me that $91 is brand new? I'm going to cry if that's brand new. Hahaha! :lol:

Oh well, the used item itself costs Y9800 without shipping. But based on their shipping calculator, everything will be around $118-120 something I believe. Which for me is kinda ok since I'm not planning to get one from NY. Would you believe 3 days ago it was Y8000. Now it's Y13500. And that's not even including the shipping cost. Sheesh. :wacko:

Brand new for $91. You're gonna cry now. I got mine for $86 from my usual guy as he gives me a discount. The Chronos is jumping up in price too.

Mine was like $95 with shipping from NY, shame on them.

Brand new for $91. You're gonna cry now. I got mine for $86 from my usual guy as he gives me a discount. The Chronos is jumping up in price too.

Oh man. Too late now. :unsure: Well, I know the blame is on me since from the start I'm not that interested on getting this. But when I saw everyone's photo (esp Saburo's) I decided to get one and plan on adding the Tornado Cannon to my planned customed Ozma valk. Only to find out that prices online is going up.

Mine was like $95 with shipping from NY, shame on them.

You got it while it still at Y8000, right? I think the day I decided on getting this is the same day that NY jacked up their price. :wacko: As much as I like to use them everytime, I'm just really not happy on how they jack up the price so easily. They're like a regular friendly stores at first but once they found out that the items are selling like pancakes, they turned into scalpers instantly. :unsure:

I ordered mine the first day they had them listed on their site so yeah, got the better price. it boggles my mind how they can go around jacking prices up so ludicrously on stuff that can be had cheaper other places at that moment. like, who would pay 21,000 yen for a basic -25F when there's like 6 of them in like new condition on the old mandarakes for 16,000.

as much as I don't really want to right now, I really think I should put in a pre-order for the RVF-171EX while it's still at a reasonable price. :wacko:

:edit:

Aso, over 9000 posts... :p

Edited by anime52k8

I ordered mine the first day they had them listed on their site so yeah, got the better price. it boggles my mind how they can go around jacking prices up so ludicrously on stuff that can be had cheaper other places at that moment. like, who would pay 21,000 yen for a basic -25F when there's like 6 of them in like new condition on the old mandarakes for 16,000.

as much as I don't really want to right now, I really think I should put in a pre-order for the RVF-171EX while it's still at a reasonable price. :wacko:

Go get that Luca 171 now. ^_^ Btw, congrats on your 9000 posts. ;)

Man this thing has a lot of details to panel line! This is taking me longer than the actual 25's did....

So I heard from a friend. Lucky for him he has lots of time. ^_^

I don't know why they have to keep the price of the 25F so high as well, YJA has so many listing, brand new with buy out price of 12k to 13k yen. (of course, with proxy fees and all, it will be comparable to 15k to 16k mandarake is asking)

Finally opened mine today, and I have a few issues:

1) Stupidly small and loose fighter mode gun mount that everyone talked about.

2) You must remove the big back piece before transforming to or from battroid mode, due to the head laser going under it. Good thing it don't have alternate hard plastic lasers like the VF-25A, or I would have broken them.

3) Fighter mode is so tail heavy that it don't stay on the stand securely. I doubt it work well with the alternate stand in that mode.

4) Big engine piece connect to the big wing piece very securely, but I worry about strength required for removal could break it.

P.S. After removing the V.1 Ozma Armoured from the shelf and found it's chest hinges broken - probably due to all the armour weights on them in B mode and just sitting there for two years - I'm not putting these heavy V.2 pieces in B mode without additional support.

Edited by CF18

Finally opened mine today, and I have a few issues:

3) Fighter mode is so tail heavy that it don't stay on the stand securely. I doubt it work well with the alternate stand in that mode.

Depends on the stand.

FxauUCZl.jpg

Someone posted an in game picture of a YF-25 with Tornado Parts in the Macross 30 game. I can't find that post anymore. The picture is not very clear, but I think the color scheme looks awesome. Can someone with the game post some more pictures (or any other pictures) of the YF-25 with Tornado Parts? Any help is greatly appreciated. (I also posted this in other threads in the forum).

Someone posted an in game picture of a YF-25 with Tornado Parts in the Macross 30 game. I can't find that post anymore. The picture is not very clear, but I think the color scheme looks awesome. Can someone with the game post some more pictures (or any other pictures) of the YF-25 with Tornado Parts? Any help is greatly appreciated. (I also posted this in other threads in the forum).

It's the the Tornado Parts thread here;

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=40713&p=1147268

-b.

KB, I went back many pages in that thread but did not see it. wmkjr just re-posted it. I will need better pictures though. Don't see a lot of details from the original pic.

Is there any official (not in game) YF-25 Tornado parts pics?

Edited by 94medition

KB, I went back many pages in that thread but did not see it. wmkjr just re-posted it. I will need better pictures though. Don't see a lot of details from the original pic.

Is there any official (not in game) YF-25 Tornado parts pics?

That link I posted should take you directly to the post in question. Sorry I've never seen any other pictures of the YF-25 with Tornado Parts.

-b.

Only $19 for the Ex-Gear from FromJapan? Is it any good?

I just opened the box and see thru the plastic tray. So far, it looks good. Though I see 1 item from the backpack area that is joggling on the tray. And I didn't see any crack nor bruise on the item so I assumed it was not put in the tray properly. Will inspect it later since I'm in the office. Don't want to give bad impression. Hehehe. :lol:

The reason why it's $19 something, it was posted around Y2980. And when I paid it, they give my 15% off. Not knowing that Rakuten is giving 15% off on all the items posted used or sealed. And this one is used based on the item description. Good thing it didn't smell like cigarettes. ^_^