Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

I notice they included stickers that say UN Army and UN Air Force instead of the leg tampo. Was that in the anime?

I notice they included stickers that say UN Army and UN Air Force instead of the leg tampo. Was that in the anime?

I don't think so. I think it's just an addition for personal customization options. They've left off the UN Spacy on almost every release since the 19 at Yamato, actually, and given decals for both UN Spacy and NUNS in the case of the 17/19. I guess they decided they would do the same for the 0's so people could have 0's in other regimes if people liked. Any other way you could do that would involve scrubbing the side of the plane and potentially rubbing off the paint or attempting to match the paint and covering it then adding your own. I guess they thought anybody could make it how they wanted?

Mine is still scheduled for delivery today, last scan was last night "10:44 pm International shipment release - Import OAKLAND, CA" im hoping it gets to me today because we are supposed to have a snow storm tomorrow :unsure:

It seems our 0Ds are on the same ride, haha.

It seems our 0Ds are on the same ride, haha.

Yea I think its my last time using FedEx, they've let me down big time on this one. We are getting a snow storm tomorrow, i requested them to hold it instead at the facility that is about 5 mins from my house. If the snow isnt too bad in the morning i could pick it up.. IF it gets here tomorrow.

what's the one bubblewrapped right under the ghost booster?

I had to go look. Its a 29 Ozma. Actually I think it was from you. That wasn't part of the haul. there is just a pile of toys on my dining room table that I haven't got to yet. There some pretty sweet stuff in there. B))

Guest davidwhangchoi

I had to go look. Its a 29 Ozma. Actually I think it was from you. That wasn't part of the haul. there is just a pile of toys on my dining room table that I haven't got to yet. There some pretty sweet stuff in there. B))

oh, hahaha, forgot about that (wasn't expecting that to be ozma) damn that's a lot of items, congrats on the 0d's

can you take a comparison shot with max?

My Max's (a 22 and DYRL A & S) are all boxed up so that I can make room to mess with other Valks currently so I can't right now. Wish I had the TV versions too. :(

To my eyes, it's more of a greyish blue compared to what we generally think of as Max blue though. I'll look at it more closely in daylight on the weekend though. I won't be able to play with it til then.

Guest davidwhangchoi

My Max's (a 22 and DYRL A & S) are all boxed up so that I can make room to mess with other Valks currently so I can't right now. Wish I had the TV versions too. :(

To my eyes, it's more of a greyish blue compared to what we generally think of as Max blue though. I'll look at it more closely in daylight on the weekend though. I won't be able to play with it til then.

thanks xrentonx! no worries, i was hoping you had the virgin road or max super 1j as that's the blue i was looking for comparison before pulling the trigger. but mechamaniac has one.

congrats on the valk!:)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Got mine, a few impressions:

• Mine came with an extra pitot tube? Is this the norm?
  • Kinda odd that there are more hard points on the wings than missile pods packaged with the valk.
  • I like the outer hardpoints for the missiles. Very solid and the attachment point is nearly seamless.
  • The ankles on mine were SUPER tight. I had to work to get them to extend.
  • This thing is HUGE compared to the VF-1.
  • Nowhere close to Max blue. See the pic. Sorry for the crap lighting, one of these days I'm going to learn how to take decent pics.

post-78-0-54296400-1425510112_thumb.jpg

Nice! There you go :)

Edit: Every picture makes the blue different. It's really something that needs to be seen in person.

Edited by xrentonx

I haven't but I'll grab a pic later. To list:

2 x Pilots

2 x Missile pods

2 x missiles (That go at the ends of the wings)

Engine Covers

Gunpod

2 x Piot tubes (i assume a spare in case you break one.

3 adapter pieces, one for each mode. I never pay CLOSE attention to these, but they feel different to older ones. Thicker and heavier.

I thought I saw 3 hard points per wing. Not enough ordnance included to fill it up?

Guest davidwhangchoi

Nowhere close to Max blue. See the pic. Sorry for the crap lighting, one of these days I'm going to learn how to take decent pics.

no, it's a good shot, i can tell the blue with the 1:1 reference since i have the virgin road in hand.

that's dark... more a shade between the cavaliers and virgin road. thought it would be between the virgin and lighter anime weathered look.

darkest to lightest: cavalier, arcadia vf-0d, , yf-21, 25g, max virgin road/1j super 1/60(these middle shades are debatable), 1j 1/48, max tv 1a/dyrl 1s/a, 0d anime weathered beaten shade, 22s

ok, looks decent... going to pull the trigger.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I tell ya panel liners, the lines are shallow, its going to be hard to do.

Yeah, the YF-19 (Arcadia) was no picnic (especially as I started the work after a few whiskeys!) and I noticed in Andrew's video review that this one is really shallow too.

Will probably take me a month or two at least to work up the courage to go at it.

Guest davidwhangchoi

The more I think about it, It's almost Tardis blue. I wish I had my Tardis cookie jar here at home, I'd take a comparison pic.

tardis_blue_by_xxangelxwingsxx-d3eradn.j

found this on the net.

Man, can't help be thinkin' that Arcadia will troll everybody with an actual anime-colors accurate 0D Shin in 6 months.

They wouldn't do that, right?

:bump:

F**k, man. I was so intent on finally owning this design that I didn't give the color much thought. It's sort of a deal-breaker now that I'm starting to see everyone's pictures...

The tabs, or what areas?

I'd say all white parts that are painted blue are prone to getting scratched easily but I noticed that after swinging the arms from fighter to gerwalk, the shoulders rubbed the legs. I think I'll be popping off the legs off the main body first before swinging the arms forward from now on.

81BB0B93-0957-4F61-B9B1-4887352921C3.jpg

Mine arrived tonight, unfortunately I've been nursing illness and haven't had much chance to fidget with it. I will say that the paint was chipped on the back of the thigh the first time I flipped the Gerwalk joint down. You can see the same spot mid thigh on OzmaLee74's photo.

Also, being the EXTREME Gerwalk fan that I am I gave some dynamic poses a shot. Those ball joints still S.U.C.K. and the feet will be loose at some point, sooner rather than later. Friggen stiff ball joints to move the first time, though. I love Gerwalk mode on this thing. Just mean looking. Especially with that more modern look the 0's have going.