Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

The hell? My shipment from FedEx has not moved one bit since last being scanned twice "At local FedEx facility NARITA-SHI JP". It had that scan on the 28th and again yesterday. WTF im supposed to get it by tomorrow and I dont think that will happen :angry: Should've gone with EMS

Something appears to be going on with Fed Ex in Japan right now. All of us who shipped by them are having strange hang ups. I pointed out a page back that my 0D was held for nearly forty hours in Sennan-Shi over the weekend for some strange reason. I was beginning to wonder if Japan had a Holiday or if there was a labor dispute or something. It's odd, and I'm going to complain to Fed Ex about it.

Does your estimated arrival still say Wednesday? Mine used to, now it's in perpetual N/A limbo.

Edited by Mommar

Something appears to be going on with Fed Ex in Japan right now. All of us who shipped by them are having strange hang ups. I pointed out a page back that my 0D was held for nearly forty hours in Sennan-Shi over the weekend for some strange reason. I was beginning to wonder if Japan had a Holiday or if there was a labor dispute or something. It's odd, and I'm going to complain to Fed Ex about it.

Does your estimated arrival still say Wednesday? Mine used to, now it's in perpetual N/A limbo.

Mine still says "Wed 3/04/2015 by 4:30 pm" Just a few moments ago it updated to "In Transit"

Like you said its odd. Usually I've had good luck with FedEx. Item gets shipped Friday and i'd have it by Monday

Mine still says "Wed 3/04/2015 by 4:30 pm" Just a few moments ago it updated to "In Transit"

Like you said its odd. Usually I've had good luck with FedEx. Item gets shipped Friday and i'd have it by Monday

same for me. I'm just worried that it wont get here tomorrow. But who knows.. anything can happen, right?

Guest davidwhangchoi

Aaaarrrrggggggg! I missed the mail man!

Well tomorrow afternoon it is then.

shoot was hoping more pics and impressions.

Do not pass on this one if you are on the fence!

Wq9UbbM.jpg

wXIQe6F.jpg

I can not get the color right straight out of the camera. You have to see it in person.

It is darker than this, but the saturation is pretty close:

08.jpg

I color corrected it in photoshop to simulate how it looks to my eye vs what the camera is showing:

Original:

CNq4UOo.jpg

Edited:

IxRPFwe.jpg

The edit seems subtle, and I am not saying everyone has to like the color. I am very happy with the color in person. A true high saturated blue wasn't a deal breaker anyways. Under studio lighting with a nice camera you might get a better sense for it.

Edit: The white isn't a 100% white. It is closer to eggshell or so. You can tell the difference between the kite, and the body. It is by no means gray, but it is not the "pink" white we saw on the VF-1.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

Just got mine today and fiddled around with it a bit. Some random thoughts:

First thought when I took it out of the packaging (aside from the color) was just how fiddly it was in fighter mode since the fins and canards aren't really locked in place in any way. Putting the pilots in, you'll see that they aren't secure in any way, but that's nothing a little putty on their butts won't fix. Transformation was simple. If you've transformed one of the previous iterations of the VF-0 or even the VF-1, there's really nothing here to surprise you except for maybe having to pull and slide out the heat shield before folding the chest down, which on the other VF-0's wasn't a step that had to be done.

When I got it to battroid mode, I found the joints were a tiny bit loose and couldn't hold some positions, but wasn't completely floppy like the Yamato VF-0's. If I pulled the legs out for the full hip movement range, they somehow became completely floppy, but putting them at a midway point seemed to fix that. I guess when fully extended, the socket doesn't have as much pressure around the ball so the legs just flop around. It looked silly with the legs that far out anyway.

The gunpod handle is not floppy (yay!), so it stays in place pretty well both when fully extended and retracted.

I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this, but the T-bar lock doesn't work well on mine. It's constantly popping out of the locking mechanism under the nose cone and the grip on it when in place is very loose. I've never experienced this with either the VF-1's or previous 0's.

As for the color, I might experiment with masking and spraying a light gray filter to maybe get it somewhere in the ballpark of where the color ought to be, because right now, it's not even in the same municipality. I'm still trying to wrap my head around how they got it so so wrong when it was blatantly obvious just how far off it was.

Aside from that, it looks very very good in all modes and a vast improvement over the Yamato VF-0's.

Putting it next to the VF-0S, the 0S just looks so much wider. I couldn't find my tape measure to properly measure it, but I would say just by eyeballing it that it's at least half an inch difference in width.

As for the color, I might experiment with masking and spraying a light gray filter to maybe get it somewhere in the ballpark of where the color ought to be, because right now, it's not even in the same municipality. I'm still trying to wrap my head around how they got it so so wrong when it was blatantly obvious just how far off it was.

I know it is not show accurate, but do you see yours as having a Maxish blue?

I know it is not show accurate, but do you see yours as having a Maxish blue?

Not really. I can see under any lighting in my house so far that it has a grayish component to the blue that is unlike any blue on my Max 1A, VF-25G, VF-19, YF-21 or GBP-1S armor, but very dark and very saturated. So I wouldn't call it a Max-ish blue. I would consider it its own category, but it's also just so far off the mark from what it ought to be.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Not really. I can see under any lighting in my house so far that it has a grayish component to the blue that is unlike any blue on my Max 1A, VF-25G, VF-19, YF-21 or GBP-1S armor, but very dark and very saturated. So I wouldn't call it a Max-ish blue. I would consider it its own category, but it's also just so far off the mark from what it ought to be.

I agree with the pilots not being secure. Edgar falls forward in Gerwalk:

wXCsRJJ.jpg

We agree that the blue is not this, I hope:

qizIghu.jpg

Edited by ChaoticYeti

Guest davidwhangchoi

Do not pass on this one if you are on the fence!

I can not get the color right straight out of the camera. You have to see it in person.

It is darker than this, but the saturation is pretty close:

I color corrected it in photoshop to simulate how it looks to my eye vs what the camera is showing:

Edit: The white isn't a 100% white. It is closer to eggshell or so. You can tell the difference between the kite, and the body. It is by no means gray, but it is not the "pink" white we saw on the VF-1.

thanks Yeti, (i actually have it in my cart at hlj :p) i always wanted this but didnt want to chance it going by the twitter photos vs. WF. (it didn't look right on twiter but looked awesome in the wonderfest shots WF, so i thought to cancel and wait)

definitely know how hard it is to capture the blues of this in photos but i can tell it's not the crappy max 1j 1/48 blue.

since mechamaniac has a virgin road, i'm going to wait for his side by side shot. though the blues may not come out right in photos it'll give me a better point of reference since i own one.

everyone's photos looks good and much better than mr. K's and looking like the WF shots.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I agree with the pilots not being secure. Edgar falls forward in Gerwalk:

That's a feature! To simulate Edgar banging his head on the console during the first dogfight in M0. He must have a penchant for that while Shin pulls off some high-G maneuvers :p

We agree that the blue is not this, I hope:

qizIghu.jpg

Definitely nothing like that. I don't see the same gray component in the blue in that pic. That is from the first prototype, right?

Guest davidwhangchoi

macrossjunkie mentioned comparing it to a max 1a which is different from virgin road/ 1/60 super 1j shade. i'm sure it's different from the virgin road but curious to see a 1:1 shot to compare if it's closer to a virgin than the anime.

but looking good, sorta glad i didnt use the funds for a metal build gundam, thanks Loop and F360 for saving me:)

Guest davidwhangchoi

this is exciting..

me and mechapilot77 are on standby :) and may do a group purchase tonight... mecha, i'll text you if i'm taking the plunge...

these photos and initial reviews are making it very tempting.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Interesting, the color here looks pretty close to several of the screen shots I took.

Also, how are the ankles?

So far mine are tight. I've only gone through f-g-b twice. Hopefully they hold up. Most of the joints are very tight and hold position extremely well. The hips do get more loose when they are extended, but I wouldn't call them floppy. I have noticed on some of the tabs that have the blue paint on them that the blue is missing from some of their corners. I am inclined to say it is rubbing off as I transform, but hopefully it is small specks of bare plastic from the factory. I will be keeping an eye on it.

I love the size of this thing. It is every bit VF-1, and every bit modern. It is odd that it seems more modern even though the successor is the VF-1. This can be forgiven given the time span between when they were each designed. I am loving it so far.

Edit: In case my comments seem daft as far as the design goes, this is my first VF-0. I never got in on the Yamato's.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

So far mine are tight. I've only gone through f-g-b twice. Hopefully they hold up. Most of the joints are very tight and hold position extremely well. The hips do get more loose when they are extended, but I wouldn't call them floppy. I have noticed on some of the tabs that have the blue paint on them that the blue is missing from some of their corners. I am inclined to say it is rubbing off as I transform, but hopefully it is small specks of bare plastic from the factory. I will be keeping an eye on it.

I love the size of this thing. It is every bit VF-1, and every bit modern. It is odd that it seems more modern even though the successor is the VF-1. This can be forgiven given the time span between when they were each designed. I am loving it so far.

Edit: In case my comments seem daft as far as the design goes, this is my first VF-0. I never got in on the Yamato's.

That Gerwalk pic is really doing it for me.

I'm assuming while the tanks on the shoulders are removable that there aren't secondary ones with slots so we can attach the additional missile pods, right?

Also, what's the Mic for?

Guest davidwhangchoi

And typically.....the mailman came while my wife was off snagging kids at school....left a note....pickup tomorrow.....sigh..... :angry:

damn... ok, i guess i'm waiting another day.

I do a lot of contract work from home. 3d animation, Motion Graphics, Rapid Prototyping, etc. A good webcam and microphone saves me from a lot of site visits :)

Tanks are removable. Mine did not come with slotted replacements.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I do a lot of contract work from home. 3d animation, Motion Graphics, Rapid Prototyping, etc. A good webcam and microphone saves me from a lot of site visits :)

Tanks are removable. Mine did not come with slotted replacements.

everytime you turn on the mic, you should say "Listen to My Song!"