Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

Guest davidwhangchoi

Did Yamato have anything else in the works that Arcadia is finishing up?

Renato posted the inside photos of what yamato was working on. so far we got everything that was in those secret photos:

M7 figurines, 0D,

there's a Max and Miria clear parts for fast packs. so that looks promising...

seeing that Arcadia YF-19 gets sold pretty quick at Mandarake and already sold out. I would say, it will be hard to obtain later on.

im glad I got my 3 in and paid for.. but if by any chance (slim im sure) that it doesn't impress me as much as it does right now then I can always off load 2 of em..

So barring any oddities (heh) I do get the feeling this is at least going to match the VF-1 in terms of quality. I hope I'm right. The wait and curiosity has been long and hard for me.

The Archer fan in me wants to scream "PHRASING" - but I really agree with the sentiment. It's almost like my anticipation is more for a solid release from Arcadia than for the actual VF-0D.

-b.

The Archer fan in me wants to scream "PHRASING" - but I really agree with the sentiment. It's almost like my anticipation is more for a solid release from Arcadia than for the actual VF-0D.

-b.

Oh, I really want the 0D. I love Delta Wings. But in addition I'd like there to not be some surprising stupid, like non-locking wings or ankles that haven't been fixed.

Oh, I really want the 0D. I love Delta Wings. But in addition I'd like there to not be some surprising stupid, like non-locking wings or ankles that haven't been fixed.

Gotcha, and agreed * 1,000,000.

Won't be long now until we find out.

-b.

As one who's sitting this one out, I'm grateful to you guys who are taking the plunge. I'll live vicariously through your experience. Be sure to be descriptive with both praise and criticisms. That's what makes this community so enjoyable to be part of.

Edited by mickyg

As one who's sitting this one out, I'm grateful to you guys who are taking the plunge. I'll live vicariously through your experience. Be sure to be descriptive with both praise and criticisms. That's what makes this community so enjoyable to be part of.

B))

Take the plunge with us Micky - peer pressure is another part of what makes this community awesome.

-b.

I'm curious. Not so sure if this has been asked before... but is this going to have the 'Side Cover' option parts as well? I'm checking the photos again and the description on the online store and it didn't mention any. Any ideas? Thanks. ^_^

I actually have no money. Sad, but true. Even if I wasn't saving up for VF-19 Advance goodness in a couple of months, I'd still be SOL, I'm afraid.

You're right though, the peer pressure is fantastic here! ;)

You're not alone, at the moment im living week to week especially after pre paying some of my Macross pre orders.. and I've still got car rego and insurance this month and a few utility bills just came in too so im pretty much screwed!

But yes you gotta love the pressure of it all and hey you only live once so why not eh! ;)

I'm curious. Not so sure if this has been asked before... but is this going to have the 'Side Cover' option parts as well? I'm checking the photos again and the description on the online store and it didn't mention any. Any ideas? Thanks. ^_^

That is a good question, haven't heard or read anything about it unless i haven't been paying attention.. although im not so fussed if they don't come with the covers as i dont use them on my VF-1 at all..

Do we know if it has a stand? For the price is a little insulting if it doesn't even have that. I thought we were getting some news this weekend?

Actually im quite content with the asking price as long as everything that was wrong with the original release VF-0 is fixed like they promised. And these things will be fairly huge so you'll be getting your moneys worth for a 1/60 scale toy!

But again im not fussed if it doesn't come with a stand as the standard Yamato stand is total junk anyeays and im gonna order more Flightpose or maybe a few Yeti stands!

Edited by spanner76

I'll give a thorough review, like I did with the 19 last year. If I can get off my duff, and possibly get better lighting, I'll do a video review as well. That was actually my original plan with the 19 but between the breakage and shipping times I gave up.

That is a good question, haven't heard or read anything about it unless i haven't been paying attention.. although im not so fussed if they don't come with the covers as i dont use them on my VF-1 at all..

Thanks spanner. I just had to ask since I thought the side covers option parts is already part of their add-on releases. ;)

I'll give a thorough review, like I did with the 19 last year. If I can get off my duff, and possibly get better lighting, I'll do a video review as well. That was actually my original plan with the 19 but between the breakage and shipping times I gave up.

Looking forward to your review Mommar. I'm still contemplating if I should get one or not. :D

I'm out damn AUD keep on falling. Decided to cancel it as can't see paying A$400 for it. If it was priced similar to the YF-19, I would most likely have kept my order. I think it will still be available at HLJ after release considering a few people have been cancelling it but for how long it stays there who knows.

I'm out damn AUD keep on falling. Decided to cancel it as can't see paying A$400 for it. If it was priced similar to the YF-19, I would most likely have kept my order. I think it will still be available at HLJ after release considering a few people have been cancelling it but for how long it stays there who knows.

Thats why i paid for mine straight away before the dollar sank deaper then the Titanic!

For a few weeks possibly. The 19 was available maybe a month after release at HLJ. They hooked me up with a replacement a week and a half after release after Amiami tried to screw me on the broken one.

Edited by Mommar

I am part of the people that cancelled their PO. I am looking forward to your review.

Edited by Saburo

Oh damn, no super wicked pics from you then??

The pictures will still happen, Valkyrie Magnus has graciously offered to let me use his VF-0D for photographs. :D Or I may decide to pick one up after release, after I see reviews on it and if the prices are reasonable. I just needed to divert the money for the VF-0D to something else.

Edited by Saburo

The pictures will still happen, Valkyrie Magnus has graciously offered to let me use his VF-0D for photographs. :D Or I may decide to pick one up after release, after I see reviews on it and if the prices are reasonable. I just needed to divert the money for the VF-0D to something else.

Oh and I can't wait to see them!!! :D

I guess I don't have to offer mine then.

Finally, I took the plunge. My impulsive behavior took over when I saw AmiAmi's PO button. Hahaha! :lol: But I have to keep this in the shipping box unopened just in case... :rolleyes:

Will check everyone's review first before opening it. And to see if my wallet needs a refibrillator. :ph34r:

If you are getting it from Amiami, I would check the shipping box ;)

There was a wing fiasco last time Arcadia released a new mold (YF-19). Some users here ended up with busted wings.

Oh yeah! Forgot that one. Hehehe. Ok, will do check the content then. ;) Just hoping there will be no problems since I also remember that there are also complaints regarding Ami's customer service. Oh well... :D

This is the second valk I have bought based solely on aesthetics, the first being the vf-29. I actually re-watched zero over the weekend just to make sure I still felt meh about it, and yeah I feel meh about it. I was all set to pass this one up till I saw the first colored photos of it, then the lust kicked in. I like both hues of blue I have seen, but then I really don't care about the source material. I think I will just pretend that the vf-od was an advancement between the vf-1 and the vf-4 as it looks like an iteration on the vf-1. If they release an improved version of the vf-0s I'll do the same mental gymnastics.

I really don't like when prequels have technology designs that look more advanced than the "later" source material. Enterprise, macross zero, star wars, Prometheus(blargh), deus ex, etc.