Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

Eh, that's another coat of paint in a different color.

Probably a lot of money for as many units as they are making for slight different shade.

Erm, no. There should be no white plastic nor paint at all---all plastic and paint should be light grey.

The only pure white should be small tampos, like the UN spacy logo/name, and the chest-stripe.

As tampos and spray-painting do not use the same paint/process, you can't "save money" by using the same color for both.

Fiddling with the colors a bit, it is off in all 3 aspects---hue, shade, and saturation. Since "saturation" seems to be a foreign concept to either Arcadia or their factory-color-guy, I experimented with altering just the other two---as they have altered those before on the 0D. Making it lighter, and greener, comes acceptably close. It's too purple/red as it is now. (and too dark, obviously).

171-1024x768twk_zpsfnxb8wpc.jpg

This is intentionally "not perfect"---it's simply "1 click more green, 2 clicks lighter". Which even Arcadia seemed capable of, comparing their earlier changes.

Got my order ready notification for it from NY.

whaaaa!?!? already!? that's early! and a good sign too! And I too ordered mine from NY! I wonder if we will be getting them sooner than expected!? ooohhh I certainly hope so! gee I could almost pee my panties over this! :p:D

Edited by spanner76

whaaaa!?!? already!? that's early! and a good sign too! And I too ordered mine from NY! I wonder if we will be getting them sooner than expected!? ooohhh I certainly hope so! gee I could almost pee my panties over this! :p:D

I believe he's confusing it for the pre-order notification. Which is due by the 23rd.

Cheapest I have seen for the VF-0D at Amazon JP for 31,757 Yen. But shipping will be more as need to use a forwarding agent. Only one in stock so the link might not show that price if someone already bought it.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%83%9E%E3%82%AF%E3%83%AD%E3%82%B9%E3%82%BC%E3%83%AD-%E5%AE%8C%E5%85%A8%E5%A4%89%E5%BD%A2VF-0D-%E3%83%95%E3%82%A7%E3%83%8B%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF%E3%82%B9-%E5%B7%A5%E8%97%A4%E3%82%B7%E3%83%B3-%E5%A1%97%E8%A3%85%E6%B8%88%E3%81%BF%E5%AE%8C%E6%88%90%E5%93%81/dp/B00OASXV04/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1423630971&sr=8-1&keywords=vf-0d

Edit: NVM. Just noticed it was cheaper at NY. thought the prices were around HLJ pricing.

Edited by Valk-1S

Now I'm really interested to see how the arms fold back into fighter mode. I don't see the pivoting connectors on the shoulders in this pic which allowed it to fold together in the Yamato 0S valk, or in the v.2 VF-1 for that matter.

Here's a cropped version of the above picture with contrast and brightness adjustments that help to reveal both halves of the hinged piece. It looks like the rounded part of the hinge rests at an angle when the arm is locked in place:

post-5492-0-52136100-1423833496.png

This is a little different than the VF-1 transformation. For the VF-1, the rounded part of the hinge rests at an angle when the arms are stowed away fighter mode. However, in battroid and gerwalk modes when the square half is folded out and locked in place to reveal the arms, that piece is lying flat.

Someone else will have to verify if Arcadia's 0D set up is the same as Yamato's old VF-0 design. I don't have one of those on hand to compare.

Edited by technoblue

Here's a cropped version of the above picture with contrast and brightness adjustments that help to reveal both halves of the hinged piece. It looks like the rounded part of the hinge rests at an angle when the arm is locked in place:

attachicon.gifvf_arm_hinge.png

This is a little different than the VF-1 transformation. For the VF-1, the rounded part of the hinge rests at an angle when the arms are stowed away fighter mode. However, in battroid and gerwalk modes when the square half is folded out and locked in place to reveal the arms, that piece is lying flat.

Someone else will have to verify if Arcadia's 0D set up is the same as Yamato's old VF-0 design. I don't have one of those on hand to compare.

Same as the old Zero.

Now I'm really interested to see how the arms fold back into fighter mode. I don't see the pivoting connectors on the shoulders in this pic which allowed it to fold together in the Yamato 0S valk, or in the v.2 VF-1 for that matter.

Old pics with highlighted joints:

post-12283-0-38752700-1423840333_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-50447200-1423840340_thumb.jpg

post-12283-0-20382300-1423840350_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-47028200-1423840366_thumb.jpg

post-12283-0-01748300-1423840380_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-91631600-1423840403_thumb.jpg

post-12283-0-25134300-1423840413_thumb.jpg

Funnily enough, these joints seem to be anime accurate.

Gyah, that's the worst-looking color yet. And sadly, that may be the most-accurate pic, considering the location/circumstances.

Dang, is that what they settled on? *sad*

I would consider repainting the blue areas, but those faded wavy edges where blue meets white are going to be hard to do properly.

^all VF seats rotate in the animation and mechanical illustration but it was never done in a toy so I do not know what you are referring to.

edit:

or maybe you are referring to the battroid parts that shows the seat gets released?

Edited by chyll2