Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

On 7/2/2023 at 12:00 PM, Slave IV said:

I get what you are saying and don’t want to sway you and others who believe in grading. I just personally think it’s a scam and don’t care about having any of my items graded at all. I have thousands of comic books and toys in “perfect” condition and I don’t need to pay someone to tell me that. If some professional grader looks at my stuff and says one of my “perfect” item has a tiny blemish and so and so has a better copy of it, I don’t care. But again, that’s just me so no knock on people who do value grading. 

I think I've come to that same balanced conclusion as you have and I just want to protect my toys with protectors or poly bags. 

I bought this Panosh Place Voltron for $275 +25 S&H. Seller contacted me after mailing that shipping was much higher then he thought so I sent him 100 bucks on a cash app to help him out. when I was little my father worked really long hours doing hard jobs to keep the bills paid, one job was clearing out a burned house were he found a large lot of toys including the loose version of this Voltron, as a kid it was the most amazing thing I had ever seen and I thought the world of it while playing with it on my plastic army men collection he was the super weapon the light green ones would use to fight the dark green versions in epic large battles on my bedroom floor. 

IMG20230712224754.jpg

IMG20230712224804.jpg

IMG20230712224808.jpg

IMG20230712224816.jpg

Edited by Spark-O-Matic

So, got this from the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum:

IMG_6330.jpeg.a15b27e031dd3876e504da93205bb607.jpeg

IMG_6329.jpeg.c069c48713edd2e0d0b94b9e51862102.jpeg

Think this will be my first . . . and probably last of these folding metal models.

Was kind of a challenge to make, especially without small enough wire cutters and tweezers.  

Wound up making a mess of things trying to get that perfect arch or separating parts from the sprue.  And used globs of superglue to hold things together, when too many folds caused parts to break/sheer off.

Edited by Mog
Spelling

On 7/12/2023 at 11:37 PM, Spark-O-Matic said:

That's a high grade and nice!:)  I hope mine comes back that good, I sent a factory case of them to CAS a few months ago and waiting I'm on them to come back ,  so far I've had mixed thoughts in dealing with grading companies in this hobby & others.  I personally think for me going forward I'll only have things graded in the future if the value is four figures or its really rare.   I've found companies that make custom protectors really inexpensive.

I've also come to the understanding I only need to have one copy of something and I should pass buying duplicates so others can have an opportunities for the having same toy as me. those getting graded I've sent in once back I'm going to just sell them at cost and move on. 

Well I hope you get good grades on those.  I'm glad to see other people taking more steps to grade these.  At the end of the day, that's what I'm really after when it comes to grading.  Preserving the best possible specimens out there - hence, the obsession with grades.  

As far as my 90 is concerned, it will inevitably be eclipsed.  But it's fun game to turn over and over in my mind in the meantime.  Good luck with the grades.

On 7/12/2023 at 8:31 PM, sh9000 said:

40968FB9-3B0D-4AC5-BD1A-4B18B1BFD45E.jpeg.a8cc2f28402217e0aa3ed6b8c7af5046.jpeg

Hot Wheels 1/43 scale.

There seems to be a lot of controversy with Hot Wheels going into 1/43 scale. Some say it's a dead end for Hot Wheels.

I don't know. I do like that it offers a bit more detail and is true to scale.

49 minutes ago, MKT said:

Awesome! :good:

How's the in-hand feel of the Orguss? Does it have lots of metal?

It's pretty heavy.  Bot and Plane modes are pretty solid.  Tank and Gerwalk are fiddly/irritating though.

1 hour ago, MacrossMania said:

Did you buy the HMR orguss?  How is it?

Yeah, that's my Orguss.  I feel like I'm the only one who received it so far?

I was handling the Orguss along side the Max VF-0S and the Orguss honestly feels like a different caliber of toy.  Closer to a DX Chogokin quality in plastic, paint and details.  HMR's were cool but never felt really great to me.  It really stands out on the shelf.

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

Yeah, that's my Orguss.  I feel like I'm the only one who received it so far?

I was handling the Orguss along side the Max VF-0S and the Orguss honestly feels like a different caliber of toy.  Closer to a DX Chogokin quality in plastic, paint and details.  HMR's were cool but never felt really great to me.  It really stands out on the shelf.

Good, then I'm going to get a couple of them.  I was honestly afraid that the HMR line is in decline post pandemic, but I'm glad to see that hasn't affected orguss.  I love that figure.  Have a lot of the old school takatoku toys.  Looks like they are just creeping out on ebay now, but limited to Japan.  I'll give it a few weeks, they'll get to California soon and then the rest of the country.  I know the routine. 😏

16 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Nice! Any noticeable difference between the Revival version and the original release?

There are a bunch, but mostly color related and the head is a ball joint.

16 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Nice! Any noticeable difference between the Revival version and the original release?

The first release is a grey DYRL Armored Valkyrie with a generic DYRL pilot.  The Revival release is a white TV Armored Valkyrie with a TV VF-1J Hikaru and TV Hikaru pilot.

65549968-7A74-41A4-A672-0B8CE0D7A76E.jpeg

Marvel Titan Hero Series Sentinel x3.

Edited by sh9000