Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

congrats, saburo! right, david, the shades of green are quite close and match up nicely! wish i were in Seattle too!!! XD

Thank you, yes the colors are quite close.

nice little addition Saburo!!! B))

now you'll have to re-arrange your Yeti stand setup to include this guy! can't wait to see photos! :D

Thanks! I am thankful to Valkyrie Magnus for deal. :)

Time to get creative, I am already trying to think up a 4 arm configuration YetiStand that will fit into a Detolf shelf.

Congrats on the purchase, Saburo! More VF-1 love is always good! :p

Thank you, can't wait to get the VF-1J Hikaru + GBP next. :D

Thank you, can't wait to get the VF-1J Hikaru + GBP next. :D

Oh yeah! I think that's one of the best release this year. Very iconic!

More than 30 years ago, i lost this Valk, my first mac and loved toy. Lost it on the way home, tried to search it in the road but never found it.

Now, it's back and able to get not only one, but two!

Yup its a KO and its a crappy toy, but this guided me to open my eyes to Macross world.

received_10202872910778796_zpsh2ympwf1.j

received_10202872910698794_zps8qnq3lvm.j

Cool! I remember owning one of those back in the day.

Time to get creative, I am already trying to think up a 4 arm configuration YetiStand that will fit into a Detolf shelf.

Will be interesting to see what you can come up with to fit in there! Im more than sure you are capable! ^_^

oh and nice pickups @garyboy & @bahamutzyro! B))

Edited by spanner76

More than 30 years ago, i lost this Valk, my first mac and loved toy. Lost it on the way home, tried to search it in the road but never found it.

Now, it's back and able to get not only one, but two!

Yup its a KO and its a crappy toy, but this guided me to open my eyes to Macross world.

Congrats! That is a great feeling, to have your childhood toy and all the fun childhood memories it brings. I lost all my childhood Macross toys when the storage place was destroyed in a fire.

Oh yeah! I think that's one of the best release this year. Very iconic!

Yes, it is. With that release, I can have the modern version of one of toys I lost as a child. :) :)

Nice buy!

And dammit, now I want a DYRL Kakizaki - as much as I love Starbucks I honestly feel stupid for not visualizing the color scheme similarities before seeing the pics above.

-b.

Thanks! 2 things you never thought would have a similarity. I figured you would have had a DYRL Kakizaki.

just received fan toys soar aka masterpiece swoop. very impressed with quality. metal and plastic.

Soar is an amazing figure, I too was very impressed with it. Its has a good amount of weight, tight joints, great detail and dino mode wing span is awesome!

Will be interesting to see what you can come up with to fit in there! Im more than sure you are capable! ^_^

oh and nice pickups @garyboy & @bahamutzyro! B))

hehe.. I am sure I'll have something, I just hope doesn't make the shelf too cluttered. :wacko:

Thanks! 2 things you never thought would have a similarity. I figured you would have had a DYRL Kakizaki.

Nope, I have a few holes in my collection and the DYRL VF-1A's account for a couple (Kaki and Max). I have his TV Version "just because" but I never paid much attention to his DYRL scheme.

And I'll absolutely be hitting a Starbucks tomorrow - need my fix. :lol:

-b.

Nope, I have a few holes in my collection and the DYRL VF-1A's account for a couple (Kaki and Max). I have his TV Version "just because" but I never paid much attention to his DYRL scheme.

And I'll absolutely be hitting a Starbucks tomorrow - need my fix. :lol:

-b.

I was pretty content just have the VF-1S Focker, Ichijo and Jenius... but then VM made me an offer I couldn't refuse on Kakizaki. So I have a complete squadron now, its just not the exact DYRL version. :)

Haha get your SBux fix! You would think since I live in SBux HQ state I would go there a lot, but I rarely do. The coffee money goes to collectibles. :lol:

Edited by Saburo

These arrived in last week:

post-10360-0-78118200-1424641064_thumb.jpg post-10360-0-20126600-1424641052_thumb.jpg

Frontier 72 Kit for the ghosts, DX for the RVF (I'll slap an extra set of Super Parts on it and call it complete). Hasegawa YF-21 because collecting 3 valks for a whole series is far easier! One down, 2 to go...

The RVF-25 arrived pristine. Or so I thought:

post-10360-0-85749100-1424641034_thumb.jpg

I didn't notice anything either. Except when I removed the Valk, I noticed a very bent Elint fin. At some point, it had been packaged back up with the fin folded forward instead of back. Notice you can't see the fin in the pic?

This was the result:

post-10360-0-54869900-1424641024_thumb.jpg

A lot of gentle persuasion with hot water and hair dryer and I managed to get it back into shape. I gotta say, I didn't want this thing for a long time. I thought I did, but then would find a way to talk myself out of it. Something about a Mint green Valk, piloted by a little kid, just didn't do it for me. But I love it! Such a great color in person and the uniqueness of the design really adds something extra to the collection. The fit and finish is also really good in comparison to my VF-25G and VF-25F.

post-10360-0-30580900-1424641008_thumb.jpg

Edited by mickyg

I was the same way with the RVF until I came across a deal I couldn't pass up. I am glad it isn't my only 25, but I really do like it grouped with the others. It is very unique. Now you get to track down a ghost set!

Decided to give the ghost set a miss. It costs too much and I have an extra 25G set that I'll attempt to paint up to match. That, and the 72 scale kit Ghosts should round out the set. The prices were all too good to pass up, so I couldn't refuse.

I hear you. It has been mentioned before, but I am a little worried about the diversity of add-ons for the new series. I would rather have several unique Valkyries over a bunch of different add-ons. Don't get me wrong, I do like the different parts and missile spam options. I just think Frontier met my limit.

I was pretty content just have the VF-1S Focker, Ichijo and Jenius... but then VM made me an offer I couldn't refuse on Kakizaki. So I have a complete squadron now, its just not the exact DYRL version. :)

Haha get your SBux fix! You would think since I live in SBux HQ state I would go there a lot, but I rarely do. The coffee money goes to collectibles. :lol:

I am content with VF-1S Focker, Ichijo and Jenius but after seeing it, I want to complete my squadron as well.

@mickyg, great pickups! I think the RVF-25 is pretty cool. the color makes it pop and sensor dish gives it a unique look. Glad you were able to fix the fin.

@dapro initially I wasn't into the DYRL Kakizaki, but after seeing pics of if I started liking it. It makes for a welcome addition to my collection.

Great purchases everyone! ;)

My only contribution for now since I don't have the item yet is the 1/60 VF-11C. Finally. :) Now it's time to buy red plasti-dip for this one and the VF-25S.

Nice! I've been looking for one myself, but they're so expensive.

Nice! I've been looking for one myself, but they're so expensive.

It is actually. :( Got it from Buyee. It's the cheapest one out there as far as I can tell. Everywhere sells it from $400 and up. Have to bite the bullet on this one though. Since I rarely seen one posted below $300. Oh well... time to take out those Cup Noodles once again. Hahaha! :lol:

Sweet pick ups! =)

Great purchases everyone! ;)

My only contribution for now since I don't have the item yet is the 1/60 VF-11C. Finally. :) Now it's time to buy red plasti-dip for this one and the VF-25S.

Congrats! Red plasti-dip?

It is actually. :( Got it from Buyee. It's the cheapest one out there as far as I can tell. Everywhere sells it from $400 and up. Have to bite the bullet on this one though. Since I rarely seen one posted below $300. Oh well... time to take out those Cup Noodles once again. Hahaha! :lol:

If you ever get tired of Japanese ramen, try the Lucky Me brand 'pancit canton chili-mansi flavor'! It's salty-sour-spicy awesomeness! I always have 2 packs with 2 soft-boiled eggs! =)

Sweet pick ups! =)

Congrats! Red plasti-dip?

If you ever get tired of Japanese ramen, try the Lucky Me brand 'pancit canton chili-mansi flavor'! It's salty-sour-spicy awesomeness! I always have 2 packs with 2 soft-boiled eggs! =)

Thanks McFly!

Hahaha! Lucky Me! Yup, already tried that one and it was so tasty. Hehehe. :lol: Tipid-tipid. ^_^

Yup, Plasti-Dip. So that I will not ruin the original color of the valk just in case I want to return it to the original color. Reason why is I love Hikaru's color scheme. And most of the hero valks I have has that scheme. VF-1A/S, YF-19, VF-25F, VF-171Ex. I bought Ozma's 25S, hoping that I could replace the yellow stripes with red. And the quickest way to do it for now is use plasti-dip. But I haven't tried it yet so maybe one of these days. Same thing with the upcoming VF-0S if ever. ;)

Edited by no3ljm

Three down, one to go. I added Max to the squadron. Just need Kakizaki.

Congrats! ^_^

Met up with Valkyrie Magnus for coffee and completed the deal of my newest addition.

DYRL VF-1A Kakizaki + Super Strike parts.

985F311B-C643-4946-A363-AECBDE45FD29_zps

Imagine if that were sold in Starbucks. Instead of the Skull logo in the heat shield it will have the Starbucks logo. ^_^

Congrats Saburo!

Just added this :

WP 20150225 004

WP 20150225 003

Here he is with his nemesis:

WP 20150225 005

I've transformed it once so far, and I gotta say he's a bit floppy and some of the joints are a bit loose. Given the age of the toy, I have to assume that it's used. Although, the bag with the instructions and whatnot, as well as the trays were taped, so it might be new. Either way I'm happy to have it in my collection.

Great buy Valkyrie driver. My sv-51 cf is a bit floppy too(also my nora actually) but i still love it. I think there was a tutorial somewhere in order to tighten the joints but i am not quite sure where you can find it now.

I'm pretty happy with it. I've got more on the way, I'll post pics as I get them. A couple are coming in from Japan so I'll have a bit of a wait for those. I gotta say, I didn't like the SV-21 at first, but recently the design has grown on me. I'm gonna have a tough time finding space for all of them now. Yeah it is huge, It's probably bigger than the YF-19, which is next up for delivery. The Wings on mine don;t want to stay tabbed in but it's fine.