Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Guest davidwhangchoi

Thanks to raptormesh I have now own a VF-22S Max and have completed my M7 VF-22S collection! cheers buddy! ;)

congrats on finding your max 22s

Nice pickups! Over here.....it has begun....LOL....I'm really diggin these so far!

the 25 are a great thing eh! so did you not have any Frontier valks prior to this?

Awww yeah! That's my last of the 22s as well! Congratulations. Pics or it didn't happen!

hehe! do you need to find one also!? im so glad I did and have completed that part of my collection! Pics will come.. he only just posted it this afternoon so hopefully should arrive in the next day or two. B))

congrats on finding your max 22s

thanks man! im really looking forward to getting it! :D

It does appear that, much like Hobbysearch 1999, HLJ does occasionally get some loose stock(pre owned possibly) and resurrect a listing. HLJ does have a record of stocking some web exclusive items at a premium from Yamato and Volks in the past.

VF-22S being one of the worst Yamato moulds, they're selling it at below current market price.

Initially, the VF-22S went at a discount of 50%.

There are fail products in any line. The Bandai VF-171 is one of them and I am not sure what else to avoid.

I have the VF-1J Armored on pre-order but might cancel it if Hi-Metal R gets confirmed. However, I would still like to try out a Yamato VF-1 just to see how good they are as I have not owned one before.

dang that is cheap! :o doesn't specify if its used or new though.. -_- if only they had a Max at that price! :rolleyes: no matter I have one arriving shortly which is what matters! :D

Fwiw and ime, HLJ doesn't sell any "used" item.

They'll sell and specify when it's "B-Grade" scratched/dented/damaged box items, tho.

Ohhhh I'm getting excited. First order in a little while now, waiting on payment request from MANDARAKE for a VF-19 Kai Hi Metal and DX VF-25A Super Parts (gonna see bow they look bare bones, but most likely painting them in Alto's colors.)

Hey guy I just joined this awesome forum and got into Macross recently. Picked up a YF-19 from Arcadia and wow it's beautiful!

For my next purchase I'm thinking of picking up the VF-0D or the YF-30

I'm leaning towards the 0D

What do you guys think?

Hey guy I just joined this awesome forum and got into Macross recently. Picked up a YF-19 from Arcadia and wow it's beautiful!

For my next purchase I'm thinking of picking up the VF-0D or the YF-30

I'm leaning towards the 0D

What do you guys think?

Definitely the 0D.

Much much prettier. And huge. And expensive.

The YF-30 looks like a dumbass next to it in the pics.

edit: here's a pic from CDX:

http://collectiondx.com/gallery/v/Toys/Arcadia/vf0d/arcadia+vf0d+34.JPG.html

arcadia+vf0d+34.JPG

Edited by treatment

Definitely the 0D.

Haha I'll definitely look at it that way now. I've read that the DX Chogokin line suffers from loose joints as well. Has anyone had any problems with there YF-30 getting loose?

Definitely the 0D.

I second that! Just started collecting myself and having received my 0D recently, it is one fantastic bird. If you can afford to, definitely pick one up.

Haha I'll definitely look at it that way now. I've read that the DX Chogokin line suffers from loose joints as well. Has anyone had any problems with there YF-30 getting loose?

To be fair, just about any toy will get loose over time if you play around with them and transform them enough. That said, my 30 has been pretty good... altho not as good as the 0D. The 0D is almost at the point of being too tight. :p

Dat 22S's. Love the sleek fighter mode, but just wished Yamato had put in more efforts when they designed the legs (hips area)

Regardless, bought 2 Gamlin's. Im a sucker :D

The 22's fighter mode does look pretty sleek eh! its the only reason why I have them! I guess gerwalk is ok but I don't like its battroid mode at all..

Its legs look too skinny and I hate that head design.. looks like its wearing a hoodie! <_<

And I wasn't ever going to get a Gamlin but the one Scream Man gave me is friggin sweet as and I love it! B))

Edited by spanner76

The 22's are growing on me a bit.. but I hate the Batroid mode. The legs are just too skinny, and I hate the hooded effect.

Actually, the only VF other than the 1 and 0 that I DO like in Battorid, is the VF-11. *shrug*

Even the 25's are kinda goofy to me.. mostly the bottom of the legs bug me on the 25's.

The 22's are growing on me a bit.. but I hate the Batroid mode. The legs are just too skinny, and I hate the hooded effect.

Actually, the only VF other than the 1 and 0 that I DO like in Battorid, is the VF-11. *shrug*

Even the 25's are kinda goofy to me.. mostly the bottom of the legs bug me on the 25's.

I love the 19 battroid mode! has a tough look and a fat stance! love it! the 11 battroid is good and I don't mind the 25 battroid mode at all actually! Though I just don't particularly care for those covers on the feet..

I rarely extend the feet on my Frontier Valks. I think they look better not showing any ankle.

But they are so beautifully done ankle joints. Much better than on the Arcadia Valkyries. :)