Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Thanks no3ljim. The purchase of the Arcadia and Bandai Macross valkyries I made last year kinda got me back into buying figures...in a limited manner. Obviously, I'm looking at the far cheaper stuff (relatively), since I'm not going to make a habit of buying these toys in the multiple hundreds on a regular basis. This Arcadia 1/60 VF-4G Lightning III is going to be expensive enough. But I have pre-ordered the Figma Ghost in the Shell Motoko Kusanagi (Arise Type). I've wanted a GitS piece of merchandise for years. If they would have released a good figure for the original Oshii movie version of the Major, I would probably already own one. This Arise-Type will do for now, supposed to be released this upcoming month of March.

In addition to the Arcadia 1/60 VF-4G Lightning III that's on it's way, I've also got one more Revoltech on the way, the Legacy version of the AV-98 Ingram from Patlabor. Much like the Eva-01 and Eva-03, I like to have Revoltechs in pairs to build battle sequences that take advantage of the articulation.

Thanks no3ljim. The purchase of the Arcadia and Bandai Macross valkyries I made last year kinda got me back into buying figures...in a limited manner. Obviously, I'm looking at the far cheaper stuff (relatively), since I'm not going to make a habit of buying these toys in the multiple hundreds on a regular basis. This Arcadia 1/60 VF-4G Lightning III is going to be expensive enough. But I have pre-ordered the Figma Ghost in the Shell Motoko Kusanagi (Arise Type). I've wanted a GitS piece of merchandise for years. If they would have released a good figure for the original Oshii movie version of the Major, I would probably already own one. This Arise-Type will do for now, supposed to be released this upcoming month of March.

In addition to the Arcadia 1/60 VF-4G Lightning III that's on it's way, I've also got one more Revoltech on the way, the Legacy version of the AV-98 Ingram from Patlabor. Much like the Eva-01 and Eva-03, I like to have Revoltechs in pairs to build battle sequences that take advantage of the articulation.

Hey MrMarch. Just call me Noel. It's just no3ljm not no3ljim. Jim is my uncle. ;) Hehehe.

Me too. I've wanted to have a Motoko figure for years now. And somehow I'm not liking all the ones out there. :( And sometimes they will just do Motoko and not make Batou or something. I really want my figure to have somehow a partner. You know just to have contrast and balance. :)

Congrats also in advance on your VF-4G. Highly recommended. For sure you're going to have a great time with it. Just let us know your feedback once you get it. ;)

Arrived since 20min!

Found it on eBay from France.

I am so happy right now,

Both for 230$ and they are completely untouched, never opened Brand new in Box!

great find Distancepro! that's how you want those originals to be! congrats! B))

Thank you!

Arrived since 20min!

I am so happy right now,

Can't wait to transform it into Gerwalk and just Place it in Front of my SV-51 Mass🔥 Edited by Distancepro

Ok,

Def. not the quality i excpected :)

Really hard with the ghostbooster attached to get him

into gerwalk mode. :(

Already broken shoulder ... But i knew such things before i bought this Item.

I just hoped, maybe its not gonna happen to me.

post-31176-0-12056000-1456847872_thumb.jpeg

Overall, i think i will turn everything supergentle back into fighter Mode ;)

And Never transform it again.

post-31176-0-92354400-1456847982_thumb.jpeg

post-31176-0-07187800-1456848010_thumb.jpeg

It have could been so nice...

So... It needs to stay like this.

The 2nd one that needs to stay in fighter Mode.

Couple a days ago i broke the right arm of ivanovs 51.

Oh man .. Are there any replacement parts for the both?

post-31176-0-37411800-1456849670_thumb.jpeg

That sucks, sorry to see a broken VF-0, but you can grab a spare on Shapeways. Here is the thread: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/?showtopic=36537

You should ask VF5SS if the replacement are ready or not

Alright! Thank you so much

do it do it, show that wall whos boss, take all your frustation with it XD

on a more serious note, sorry dude that really sucks :(

It really does...

Arrived since 20min!

I am so happy right now,

😃👌

That Vf-0 is the old Yamato version?

Edit: Sorry, didn't see the later posts. Please disregard.

Edited by ArchieNov

That Vf-0 is the old Yamato version?

Edit: Sorry, didn't see the later posts. Please disregard.

Yes, i think so.

All VF-0A' s got that issue...

Except for the One in the new designed Box. Which was the latest from yamato.

And some ghostbooster combos are good als well i think.

:D hahah and i answered in the Time you did your edit ;)

Edited by Distancepro

do it do it, show that wall whos boss, take all your frustation with it XD

on a more serious note, sorry dude that really sucks :(

But hey, even with this broken arm i am so happy that i have one by my side from now on. :D

Things can happen

The greatest thing in my collection

Signed by Naomi Morinaga AKA Annie of 80's hit TV series Shaider

20160301_203414_zps9pedjlme.jpg

20160301_203442_zpshuqgnksc.jpg

Nice! I love Shaider as well. And Annie of course. :wub: I mean, she's the only reason why I watched it in the first place. Hehehe. :lol: I always remember the episode where she went to full gear Cowgirl. ^_^

Yes, i think so.

All VF-0A' s got that issue...

Except for the One in the new designed Box. Which was the latest from yamato.

And some ghostbooster combos are good als well i think.

:D hahah and i answered in the Time you did your edit ;)

My used Yamato VF-0S / Ghost Booster set that I purchased before from Mandarake came with loose joints so I added some silicon rubber in it. So far I don't have that broken shoulder syndrome on my VF-0S.

But yeah, you can check out Shapeways or PM VF5SS if he has some extra stocks. ;)

Nice! I love Shaider as well. And Annie of course. :wub: I mean, she's the only reason why I watched it in the first place. Hehehe. :lol: I always remember the episode where she went to full gear Cowgirl. ^_^

My used Yamato VF-0S / Ghost Booster set that I purchased before from Mandarake came with loose joints so I added some silicon rubber in it. So far I don't have that broken shoulder syndrome on my VF-0S.

But yeah, you can check out Shapeways or PM VF5SS if he has some extra stocks. ;)

Mine is already broken :(

So i think i not comin too far with silicon rubber.

Replacements would be a dream.

I want to see the vf-0 in battroid Mode and standing strong :D

Hmpf..... Im could smash a wall !

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

dang that sucks.. sorry to hear of your misfortune. Even unopened untouched original examples are still susceptible to breakage sadly so many of these are relegated to the "do not transform" basket. But still a beautiful thing to display in fighter mode nevertheless.

Have you got any or going to get any of the Arcadia renewals?

Mine is already broken :(

So i think i not comin too far with silicon rubber.

Replacements would be a dream.

I want to see the vf-0 in battroid Mode and standing strong :D

Like Spanner said, time to get the Arcadia renewals. ;) By the way, did anyone ever mentioned it to you that it's going to have a Reactive Armor next year? :rolleyes:

Shaider will never be more interesting without Annie. Give Shaider a robot sidekick or a talking ball, the show will be lame.

Annie was like a 'Maria Ozawa' madness during her early years in the Philippines.

Shaider will never be more interesting without Annie. Give Shaider a robot sidekick or a talking ball, the show will be lame.

Annie was like a 'Maria Ozawa' madness during her early years in the Philippines.

Maria Ozawa? Hahaha! By the way, I just found out that she moved there in the Philippines. Is that true? And she joined the showbiz madness over there. I found out thru my wife thru her friends via FB. Hehehe. Is she doing good so far back home?

As for Shaider's sidekick. Talking ball, you say? Hey! I like 'Machine Man' too. Hahaha! :D

Anyways, back to topic... Great hauls everyone. ;)

Edited by no3ljm

Maria Ozawa? Hahaha! By the way, I just found out that she moved there in the Philippines. Is that true? And she joined the showbiz madness over there. I found out thru my wife thru her friends via FB. Hehehe. Is she doing good so far back home?

As for Shaider's sidekick. Talking ball, you say? Hey! I like 'Machine Man' too. Hahaha! :D

Shes been busy in the Philippines lately, she even have a bar in Manila. Gosh, Im really planning to go there just to see her. Shes even a co-host sometimes in DJ Mo's podcast. She wont probably stay in Phil for good, the local movie industry is inactive.

Yeah, Machine Man is unique, and I love it too. But its lame. The writters ran out of ideas so they created a talking ball as side kick instead. Maybe the creator was hit by a baseball while playing so he came with an idea of talking baseball, hehhehe. Kidding.

His costume is also mixed up; Transparent plastic cape, Fencing Sword and hes doing some sort of Zorro moves, If he'll use his Machine Dolphin even his just a few meters away from his enemy he'll travel the buildings, all over metropolis same route over and over again, helmet with signal lights...man, just like mixed vegetables. But I love it! hahhaha!

Edited by garyboy_palaboy

Shes been busy in the Philippines lately, she even have a bar in Manila. Gosh, Im really planning to go there just to see her. Shes even a co-host sometimes in DJ Mo's podcast. She wont probably stay in Phil for good, the local movie industry is inactive.

Yeah, Machine Man is unique, and I love it too. But its lame. The writters ran out of ideas so they created a talking ball as side kick instead. Maybe the creator was hit by a baseball while playing so he came with an idea of talking baseball, hehhehe. Kidding.

His costume is also mixed up; Transparent plastic cape, Fencing Sword and hes doing some sort of Zorro moves, If he'll use his Machine Dolphin even his just a few meters away from his enemy he'll travel the buildings, all over metropolis same route over and over again, helmet with signal lights...man, just like mixed vegetables. But I love it! hahhaha!

But just like you said, it's the reason why he's 'unique'. ;)

Wow! I envy you. You're planning to see her in person. Nice. :rolleyes:

Too bad her film with Cesar Montano bombed over here, especially since I heard that critics were giving it good reviews. They pulled it out from theaters before I got the chance to see what it was all about. Curse the viewing habits of our masses!

dang that sucks.. sorry to hear of your misfortune. Even unopened untouched original examples are still susceptible to breakage sadly so many of these are relegated to the "do not transform" basket. But still a beautiful thing to display in fighter mode nevertheless.

Have you got any or going to get any of the Arcadia renewals?

Yeah, i planned to get the arcadia one but i need to say that i like the coloring a bit more from the old ones.

And then i found the ghostbooster with the VF-0 for the same price like the arcadia one, so i decided to buy 2 things for the price of 1 instead.

I like it in fighter Mode also but i Hope to get them spare Parts to transform her again ;)

I guess i will buy the new VF-0s from arcadia. And hope to find a good priced one in the Future.

Like Spanner said, time to get the Arcadia renewals. ;) By the way, did anyone ever mentioned it to you that it's going to have a Reactive Armor next year? :rolleyes:

Yes, think that will be the way in the Future. The new arcadia ones.

Reactive armor, i am aware of... Could that mean also that with the armor i don't need an fixed arm maybe and can clamp the broken one Underneath the armor that it Looks like a fully functional battroid :D ?

If you want to get your VF-0A back in action, I recommend the replacement shoulders from Shapeways.

Here's proof they work, both my Arms/shoulders broke..... She's ready for combat now!

I already wrote a Message to the one who is selling them and hope for an answer right now :)

Yeah, i planned to get the arcadia one but i need to say that i like the coloring a bit more from the old ones.

And then i found the ghostbooster with the VF-0 for the same price like the arcadia one, so i decided to buy 2 things for the price of 1 instead.

I like it in fighter Mode also but i Hope to get them spare Parts to transform her again ;)

I guess i will buy the new VF-0s from arcadia. And hope to find a good priced one in the Future.

Reactive armor, i am aware of... Could that mean also that with the armor i don't need an fixed arm maybe and can clamp the broken one Underneath the armor that it Looks like a fully functional battroid :D ?

I already wrote a Message to the one who is selling them and hope for an answer right now :)

Not to sate the obvious but the Arcadia Reactive Armor won't fit the old Yamato VF-0 toys since they are vastly different.

Too bad her film with Cesar Montano bombed over here, especially since I heard that critics were giving it good reviews. They pulled it out from theaters before I got the chance to see what it was all about. Curse the viewing habits of our masses!

Really? Now, you made me curious to see it too. ;) I'll just wait until someone post a full movie over YouTube. That's how my wife watch her Tagalog movies. Hehehe. ^_^

Yeah, like Scyla said, the upcoming Reactive Armor will not fit to the old Yamato VF-0's. Better keep that one in Fighter mode so you don't need to take away the Ghost Booster from him. ;)

Funny, since we almost have the same reasons why I bought that old Yamato VF-0S/Ghost bundle set. I was just looking for an extra Ghost for the upcoming VF-0S, and yes, I agree the price is almost the same with Arcadia's. And now, since I'm going to own a second Arcadia VF-0S, not sure what to do with the Yammie one. I'll probably just give it to my 7 year old son since he really wants to have a Macross toy. I always feel bad whenever he just stares at the Battroids thru the cabinet door. I always tell him that he's still too young to hold it. And that eventually all of daddy's collections will be his someday. ^_^

And good luck on your shoulder repair.