Totally Off Topic - But FREAKIN ME OUT

Mechamaniac

Update -

Friday - (12/189) - Another bag on the door, containing a can of cocoa in a hand knitted sleeve, and the following note:

On the 6th day of Christmas

A sweet tooth begs attention,

We know it adds some calories

But that we will not mention!

Love, your secret elves.

I have to admit that I have no clue whatsoever what time they came by last night, I was out doing &^^**$## Christmas shopping, and it was there on the door when we got home.

I am tending to agree that perhaps I shouldn't try so hard to catch them in the act. Whoever is doing this is obviously having as much of a blast doing it, as we are finding the stuff, and as you all are reading about it :lol: .

I am 99% convinced that whomever is doing it, is doing it with no ill will. It definitely seems to be a "pay it forward" type of thing. Half of the people my wife blabbed to about it have been saying that they were going to do that to their parents or someone else next Christmas.

It sounds like a load of fun to be on the other end of this, (being the Secret Elves) but since my wife has told practically everyone we know, everyone would know it was us if we did it. <_ .>

Anyone here plan on doing this to someone you know next year??

Sometimes, people in this world are actually nice. You just have to have a little faith and trust. Keep yourself safe, yes ( I should know, I'm in law enforcement) but, sounds like you have someone who is just trying to get you guys in the holiday spirit.

That's a damn rare thing nowadays, and if this is the case (as I really believe it is), then I say accept it and be thankful that there are still people in this world that care and aren't psycho's.

Good luck with your gifts, and let us know how the 12th day turns out.

B))

I am tending to agree that perhaps I shouldn't try so hard to catch them in the act. Whoever is doing this is obviously having as much of a blast doing it, as we are finding the stuff, and as you all are reading about it :lol: .

If it was me, I would still want to know who is doing it. I would try to catch them in the act without them knowing it. That way, you can decide whether to let them continue doing it or not.

Something else you can do - leave them a little gift on the front door.

Yeah, we're going to leave them a gift on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day I think...

BTW - Another gift tonight, this time a (sealed) tin of multi flavored popcorn. We were out shopping again though, so no clue who it is still.

Yeah, we're going to leave them a gift on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day I think...

BTW - Another gift tonight, this time a (sealed) tin of multi flavored popcorn. We were out shopping again though, so no clue who it is still.

What did the note say? Also I'm curious are you still getting the recorded phone calls? Is the recording the same each night?

Texas is a bit insane.

As I understand it, the law here is that you are authorized to use deadly force to stop any crime that can't be stopped in any other way.

That means that you can shoot someone for running off with your salt shaker if you can't catch up with them.

It also means you can shoot a carjacker, but can't try to shoot the tires out as he drives off, as a firearm is automatically classified as deadly force, and soving things in a non-lethal manner oproves deadly force wasn't needed.

Screwed up, I tell ya.

The INTENT isn't bad, but the actual implementation leaves something to be desired.

Yep. Just look at the poor reposessor they killed awhile back. Doing nothing but his job and the MURDERER got a pat on the back and was told quote "You proved a point today, they won't be taking our property anymore."

Insane indeed.

MM, do you have a camcorder you can set up with no one's knowledge, including your wife's? It would easier than being on guard 24/7 and running down the street after phantoms. Just a thought.

Side note: This thread pwns all.

Texas is a bit insane.

As I understand it, the law here is that you are authorized to use deadly force to stop any crime that can't be stopped in any other way.

That means that you can shoot someone for running off with your salt shaker if you can't catch up with them.

It also means you can shoot a carjacker, but can't try to shoot the tires out as he drives off, as a firearm is automatically classified as deadly force, and soving things in a non-lethal manner oproves deadly force wasn't needed.

Screwed up, I tell ya.

The INTENT isn't bad, but the actual implementation leaves something to be desired.

Yep. Just look at the poor reposessor they killed awhile back. Doing nothing but his job and the MURDERER got a pat on the back and was told quote "You proved a point today, they won't be taking our property anymore."

Insane indeed.

Don't recall the case you're talking about.

Knowing how lenient Texas law is about debt, he could have been within his legal rights.

At the very least, I'd bet the reposessor was trespassing(since the whole POINT behind the job is they don't want to give it back).

Doesn't mean he should have gotten off, just that I understand why (legally) he did.

Anyways, the intent of the law is to acknowledge that the police can't be everywhere every time, and the people should have the ability to stop a crime themselves. But like I said, there's a few flaws in the implementation.

I would argue, but the one about the eBay motorbike auction ceased being fun the moment eBay deleted the auction.

Texas is a bit insane.

Screwed up, I tell ya.

Insane indeed.

Don't recall the case you're talking about.

Knowing how lenient Texas law is about debt, he could have been within his legal rights.

At the very least, I'd bet the reposessor was trespassing(since the whole POINT behind the job is they don't want to give it back).

Doesn't mean he should have gotten off, just that I understand why (legally) he did.

Anyways, the intent of the law is to acknowledge that the police can't be everywhere every time, and the people should have the ability to stop a crime themselves. But like I said, there's a few flaws in the implementation.

I would argue, but the one about the eBay motorbike auction ceased being fun the moment eBay deleted the auction.

the Texas Penal code says that if someone is tresspassing on your property at night, the owner of said property can shoot someone in self defense. as for Texas being a leinient state, i don't see every one of your so called "enlightened" states sending so many people to the chamber, or giving law abiding citizens the ability to defend themselves.

as for Texas being a leinient state, i don't see every one of your so called "enlightened" states sending so many people to the chamber, or giving law abiding citizens the ability to defend themselves.

I was just saying that relative to other states, Texas is VERY friendly to debtors.

I happen to be quite fond of Texas, BTW.

Well, aside from the weather in summer.

Back to topic, so how did it go tonight, MM? I know it won't be anything bad at this point, I'm just curious what about what they are leaving.

The cookie idea sometime during the week sounds like it would be nice.

It would still be nice to know in the end who'd doing all this, but this is looking like an elaborate Christmas idea, and no malice at all.

Back to topic, so how did it go tonight, MM? I know it won't be anything bad at this point, I'm just curious what about what they are leaving.

It would still be nice to know in the end who'd doing all this, but this is looking like an elaborate Christmas idea, and no malice at all.

Tonight it was a fruit basket. ;)

Back to topic, so how did it go tonight, MM?  I know it won't be anything bad at this point, I'm just curious what about what they are leaving.

Tonight it was a fruit basket. ;)

What kind of fruits?

Where is the quasi-optimistic Christmas cheer people???

Yes but instead of leaving nice things I am going to leave dead cats.

WTF was I thinking,, dead cats are soo much sweeter. I was thinking of a shaved gerbil for the gay guy down the street

Yeah MM ya cant do that for anyone next year that you or your wife knows......you should find out whos doing it and do the same thing for them next year??

Start with dead kittens... there has to be some kind of build up.

Also, Mecha... was it... an EVIL fruit basket?

Don't underestimate the power of a good evil fruit basket. Sure, it looks pleasant... but it's ability to corrupt the hearts of men is absolute. There is only one master of the fruit baskets and he wants it. Each day you feel an all-encompassing urge to take the fruit basket to him, or lest you be hunted down by his fruit-basket minions.

The fruit basket must be destroyed. In the fires from whence it came. For the safety of us all.

Oh, and merry christmas.

WTF was I thinking,, dead cats are soo much sweeter. I was thinking of a shaved gerbil for the gay guy down the street

You could follow that up with some M7 dvds.

:lol::lol::lol:puke.gif

i believe thats a crime against humanity. :lol:

Don't underestimate the power of a good evil fruit basket. Sure, it looks pleasant... but it's ability to corrupt the hearts of men is absolute. There is only one master of the fruit baskets and he wants it. Each day you feel an all-encompassing urge to take the fruit basket to him, or lest you be hunted down by his fruit-basket minions.

The fruit basket must be destroyed. In the fires from whence it came. For the safety of us all.

* goes back and re-read every Blaine23 post in this thread * :lol:

Don't mind Max Jenius (though I really find it odd that he found this thread so horribly annoying and off-topic that he closed it, and was apparently overruled).

He likes to drop into threads and basically make you feel like a jerk for bringing up a topic that he doesn't personally find interesting. Usually via very short, terse posts.

Exhibit A

I've learned to ignore him. As long as he doesn't actually close the thread, no harm done. :p

Though, considering I'll probably be banned now, I won't have to ignore anymore. :)

I for one have found this thread the most interesting one since the 1/48 VF-1J Hikaru was released. There's only so many times that you can read threads where people say: "Hey, let's guess about what's coming next. It'll be fun!"

H

Edited by Hurin

Hell, if I were one of your friends. . . I'd be staking out your front door to take whatever had been dropped off.

Mmmmmm, M&Ms. :)

Hurin

P.S. I'm just kidding. Stealing is wrong.

When I first saw this topic I thought it to be totally idiotic and moronic. I decided I would close it in a few days (if someone had it closed it already). Fews days I saw it was closed and open again.

Max wasn't bitch slapped by the admin or the other mods. Some just thought hey it's xmas let them have this topics. There are alot of topics

while fun aren't on topic or are too much a chat room in nature which get closed all the time. This topic here is still going because it's a special occasion.

Now I believe we having a moronic discussion about about killing elves who leave candy outside mecha mechanic's door. If we are going to talk about Max Jenius instead of evil elves then does that mean this topic is over and should be closed before xmas is here?

If people are replying to these topics then why close them? If they aren't causing any harm...then there should be no need to close them. Only reason why I think I thread would/should be closed cause it was bringing bad karma to the MB...or if the ppl were getting ugly in the threads...other than that...geez.

As far as this "mystery guest"...if you feel threatened or anything of the sort...report it to the cops.... Tis what I'd do.