!The Panic thread! *buying frenzy*

skullmilitia

Mac7 isn't bad....just a little different and takes like 15 episodes to start getting good. Ya just kinda gotta go with it and you end up liking it...at least I did.

Oh, I've seen it. It's a tough sell. Once it gets going it's not bad, but there are parts that lost me due to lack of interest. Those Sound Force clowns were the worst.

Got the VF-19S in the mail as well. I picked it up from the post office and mine said $20 value also (from HKC). Quickly inspected it and nothing is wrong. This valk mold is insane, blows the DX out of the water. Great detail and quality. And got it at the Bandai DX price point too. So stoked about this pickup. Glad I waited!

P1050310_zps192d1d14.jpg

P1050313_zps7b88c868.jpg

P1050369_zpsa38592be.jpg

You actually keep yours in the closet? It's the best valk to have on hand while watching tv or thinking.

I have to agree! This is a great toy with great transformation. The cockpit with the cover can be finicky but other than that I like mine a lot and enjoy the transformation. Take that puppy out and fly it around your room sometime.

I have to agree! This is a great toy with great transformation. The cockpit with the cover can be finicky but other than that I like mine a lot and enjoy the transformation. Take that puppy out and fly it around your room sometime.

this!

s4ZAmgQl.jpg

Waiting on:

Weathered Destroid Defender comes tomorrow.

VF-0A unknown soldier and 5 Yamato Votoms pieces.

And a kakizaki with super/strike and a 1/48 Kakizaki.

I wanted to wait til I got it all to take pics... but I couldn't. haha

You actually keep yours in the closet? It's the best valk to have on hand while watching tv or thinking.

I know! Everybody here keeps harping about what an awesome Valk it is. I can't wait to get around to fiddling with it more.

All of my Valk acquisitions since I started in October last year are pretty much still in their boxes (I did break a few of them out to play around and check for defects), because I'm in the midst of moving house and I really don't wanna go through the hassle of having to display and then repack every single Valk I got.

That said, I'm having 2 custom cabinets built with my wife for our collection, so these babies will soon taste freedom from their plastic prison.

Waiting on:

Weathered Destroid Defender comes tomorrow.

VF-0A unknown soldier and 5 Yamato Votoms pieces.

And a kakizaki with super/strike and a 1/48 Kakizaki.

I wanted to wait til I got it all to take pics... but I couldn't. haha

Poor GN-U Dous Yamato is no longer and they still are available at a high discount at HLJ. I wonder if I should buy those. On the one hand I have no room for them but then for 6 bucks I could take them to my work place so I have something there to do. :D

They're actually really well made and look great. A steal at 6 bucks! I have a small squad of em since they've been on heavy discount. Can't resist getting doubles and triples...especially of the VF-11 :)

Since I preordered the Super VF-27 from HLJ I just added the three GN-U Macross Plus toys to the order. Now I have something to keep my fingers busy :D

buying frenzy so far:

1/60 VF-19S

1/60 VF-17S

GN-U YF-19

GN-U YF-21

GN-u VF-11B

So.. 2 x VF-1 Super/Strike Pack showed up on Amiami awhile ago (2nd hand), and were really cheap.
I have a VF-1A CF already, so 1 of it is going there.

I already have 2 packs at home for both my VF-1S Roy and Hikaru, and the VF-1J has its own Fast Pack.

Wanna get some opinion if I should put down the $70 to get a VF-1A Kakizaki DYRL to wear that last pack.
Or just get another CF.

So.. 2 x VF-1 Super/Strike Pack showed up on Amiami awhile ago (2nd hand), and were really cheap.

I already have 2 packs at home for both my VF-1S Roy and Hikaru, and the VF-1J has its own Fast Pack.

Wanna get some opinion if I should put down the $70 to get a VF-1A Kakizaki DYRL to wear that last pack.

Or just get another CF.

My opinion is that you should sell me that extra set as my I am super/strike pack-less. :(

Or just get another CF.

Reserve it for when you get a Max DYRL VF-1.

My opinion is that you should sell me that extra set as my I am super/strike pack-less. :(

Haha, I feel for ya man, but even if I do that, shipping from Singapore's probably gona be a killer.

I would rather go for a full DYRL? Skull Squadron then another CF. Personally I'm not a hoarder so buying the same toy twice is not an option for me.

Reserve it for when you get a Max DYRL VF-1.

I did consider that, though the Max DYRL are pretty hard to come by, and when they do, they're pretty expensive, hence the consideration for a $70 Kakizaki (as lame as a pilot as he was hahaha)

i still dont get it, why people here hate the kakizaki vf-1's.

I really like his TV-color scheme.

And because nobody likes him, i did get my kakizaki TV VF-1A pretty cheap. :D

Guest davidwhangchoi

i still dont get it, why people here hate the kakizaki vf-1's.

I really like his TV-color scheme.

And because nobody likes him, i did get my kakizaki TV VF-1A pretty cheap. :D

i think normally most people love hero valks (with the possible exception for the 19 fire valk)

kakizaki is a scrub

now, if they just made 300 of these in a limited run, people would be fighting to get one.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I should have picked up more VT-1's when they were In sale at HLJ. I can't believe people are willing to pay x2 that.

that's the market now, it's rare and most people want it. the reason everyone waited was either they were banking on yamato not selling well hence the 50% clearance sales @ hlj and/or waiting for the correction to the knarled pins so their shoulders won't explode.

but at regular price they were about the same as a elinte seeker @ 230 usd so paying 270-300 is not too bad. for a really sought after bird.

i remember M&M were the same, no one bit until everyone realized they were gone, then everyone starting hunting for them.

I passed so many times on the vf-1j mass at angloz for 77.00, and the virgin road for 79.

now it commands 250-300 easy. i just sold one for 240.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Seems whenever I get into this game there's a panic, I remember when I found MWF about 7 years ago the 1/48 were at their peak, the 1/48 but stock were scarce, VF-1J M&M had a limited run and everyone was begging for a reissue with scalpers commanding similar prices as the 1/60's now, the v1 VF-1D, VT-1 and VE-1 where as rare as the 1/55's.

I really want the VF-1J M&M :wacko:

I do remember at those times Yamato was sorta structuring itself with the coming Zero line and v2 YF-19, after they were a hit despite their QC floppiness, came the YF-21, v2 1/60's, VF-11B, Destroids, HDP Regult, SDF-1 resin kits, Macross 7, etc. and now back to nothing.

I really hope history repeats itself and Arcadia brings back the Macross glory days before I disappear again. :wub:

Anyway, latest Buying frenzy arrived.

post-4448-0-24783700-1368812077_thumb.jpg

VT-1 NO-Gnurl procrastinator here. At the time we didn't have the Handy-dandy Veef Fix so I waited and waited. Now I'm a sad schmuck who missed out. :(

Graham gave out a ton of VT-1 no-gnerl hinges he got from Yamato for free... I figured that was when people started buying out the remaining VT-1s and it sold out. I got a pair of the cream colored ones for mine and a few white ones for $2. That was like ages before shapeways fix came out.

Edited by m0n5t3r

I can only blame myself for missing out on the VT-1. While the knurled hinges played a big part in my procrastination, I was juggling three separate collections at a time (TF Masterpieces, Hot Toys, Yamato valks), and barely had the cash to spare for a breakage-prone high-end valk. That, and the fact that I was too much of cheapskate to have one of Veef's shapeways hinges shipped to me from the USA.

...and I never knew Graham gave out free VT-1 hinges. :mellow: