!The Panic thread! *buying frenzy*

skullmilitia

So anyone regretting paying Macross Panic 2013 ™ prices now that it looks like

Arcadia/Yamato are officially back in the game?

I don’t think a single VF-1J qualifies as being back in the game, until there’s news of the VF-4, VF-22, VF-19, VF-0, SV-51, VF-11, etc making a return, or a VF-3000, VF-5000 being announced. For all we know the VF-1J can be Arcadia’s only Valkyrie.

My only regret is not panic buying a VF-11C. :/

To be fair it's not like Arcadia is going to release all the valks each person wanted by 2014 to cover everyone's taste. Most of us wanted a few pieces now. At least i did. If they re-release them, fine, I may just buy a spare. But do you expect them to release all the VF-19 or VF-17 again within the next 2 years. If they release them again in 3 years... oh god it's so far away i don't really care. :p

To be fair it's not like Arcadia is going to release all the valks each person wanted by 2014 to cover everyone's taste. Most of us wanted a few pieces now. At least i did. If they re-release them, fine, I may just buy a spare. But do you expect them to release all the VF-19 or VF-17 again within the next 2 years. If they release them again in 3 years... oh god it's so far away i don't really care. :p

Well said.

I don’t think a single VF-1J qualifies as being back in the game, until there’s news of the VF-4, VF-22, VF-19, VF-0, SV-51, VF-11, etc making a return, or a VF-3000, VF-5000 being announced. For all we know the VF-1J can be Arcadia’s only Valkyrie.

My only regret is not panic buying a VF-11C. :/

I agree that 1 VF-1J doesn't qualify as back in the game, but it does bring hope. If I can get a Valkyrie at Msrp I will. No regrets if I overpaid on something that might be rereleased, but then it may not be rereleased and we get more of the same.

I've said before, They could just be sitting on a huge stock of unpainted Vf-1's and they will release them with goofy color schemes until the wheels fall off.

Or, they could have the same Yamato design team and they'll put out a V3, or re-tool some of the high demand ones.

All I know, going through business mergers myself, people always get laid off when 2 companies become one, and the main company completely changes the culture.

I assume, Yamato filed for bankruptcy as a sort of chapter 11 thing to restructure. I'm sure they were dealing with this a long time coming, which is why so quickly after Yamato went bust the announcement of Arcadia acquiring their assets was told. No one could know of this to avoid insider trading and prevent people taking advantage in the stock market.

If the plan to continue the Macross line was part of the plan, factories should've not stopped production of their prime materials, only perhaps to repackage and rebrand as Arcadia now.

Obviously Arcadia needs to show their Macross products as new and not a continuation, hence, the VF-1J 30th anniversary, so all the macross products already out of the factory are probably sitting in a warehouse waiting for Arcadia to completely structure, rework contract with distributors and after the launch of the VF-1J 30th, they should release all the stock that's waiting and probably announce their new line of perhaps v2 Zero line and v2 YF-19 and go with their idea of 2 new valks per year or something.

Yes, I'm that optimistic ^_^

That sounds possible, only thing that scares me is that Arcadia is known for dolls and Yamato also had a lot of PCV figures. They could have acquired their assets and focus on their core business, while completely ignoring transforming robot toys.

Either way, the almighty dollar is king.

I assume, Yamato filed for bankruptcy as a sort of chapter 11 thing to restructure. I'm sure they were dealing with this a long time coming, which is why so quickly after Yamato went bust the announcement of Arcadia acquiring their assets was told. No one could know of this to avoid insider trading and prevent people taking advantage in the stock market.

If the plan to continue the Macross line was part of the plan, factories should've not stopped production of their prime materials, only perhaps to repackage and rebrand as Arcadia now.

Obviously Arcadia needs to show their Macross products as new and not a continuation, hence, the VF-1J 30th anniversary, so all the macross products already out of the factory are probably sitting in a warehouse waiting for Arcadia to completely structure, rework contract with distributors and after the launch of the VF-1J 30th, they should release all the stock that's waiting and probably announce their new line of perhaps v2 Zero line and v2 YF-19 and go with their idea of 2 new valks per year or something.

Yes, I'm that optimistic ^_^

I like this idea, it does sound logical.

I'm not panic buying but the next two weeks is gonna be like fracking Xmas. Great legit prices from some amazing forum members. Thanks to everyone who helped me find items or gave me a great deal.

I panic bought a VF-19S but the truth is I wanted more than 1 of these as I hold this toy in higher regard like the vf-4. This is at the time when yamato toys really felt more like a toy in your hands rather than a model which might snap in half easily if you play around with it. I apreciate the quality on this release and everything locks together unlike the yf-19 in robot mode.

Can you imagine how cool it would be if yamato/arcadia did mospeada legios toys? I know off topic but we are all still waiting for high grade transforming legioss and CMs got the durablity right, but robot mode isn't chunky enough.

Also still waiting for the day we get yf-19 with the same kind of quality of the vf-19. The tiny gunpod and gullet were turn offs for me on that. Does arcadia know how popular that particular mech is here and in japan?

It's the one robot I feel needs to be done before the great macross drought. It could be one-off toy (no plans for other mac + toys and I would be happy.)

If it were priced high and in limited numbers like what vf-4 was, (you preorder in advance to guage interest and limit risk of unsold stock lying around) I would be ok with that provided that in exchange they used the best people. YF-19 should be priority number 1 imo. We all love the vf-19 but yf-19 got into more cool battles in mac plus so unlike the vf-4 it would instantly recognisable to casual watchers..

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Also still waiting for the day we get yf-19 with the same kind of quality of the vf-19. The tiny gunpod and gullet were turn offs for me on that. Does arcadia know how popular that particular mech is here and in japan?

It's the one robot I feel needs to be done before the great macross drought. It could be one-off toy (no plans for other mac + toys and I would be happy.)

If it were priced high and in limited numbers like what vf-4 was, (you preorder in advance to guage interest and limit risk of unsold stock lying around) I would be ok with that provided that in exchange they used the best people. YF-19 should be priority number 1 imo. We all love the vf-19 but yf-19 got into more cool battles in mac plus so unlike the vf-4 it would instantly recognisable to casual watchers..

I totally second this. The YF-19 is at the top of my list for all time fave valks, next to Skull 001. I'd love to see a version 2 of this baby and I'd be willing to line up and pay through the teeth to get it if necessary.

Any recommendations on where to pick up a Hikaru VF-1S w/ option parts? I was trying to quit Macross (for the 4th time) when it came out.

Why or why did I sell my weathered VF-1S Max. That was a thing of beauty and I got it for a good price.

picked myself up a second VF-19S from HKC. should be arriving today or tomorrow.

i adore this design so much that i couldn't find myself living without at least one spare copy... :wub:

Edited by Shaorin

Guest davidwhangchoi

I picked up the DYRL Cannon Fodder VF-1A today and now ends my buying frenzy. Have I said this before? Maybe 5x before? Anyways, now I'll wait and see what Arcadia has to offer.

hey got a small question, i was alway wondering if the white nosecone on the dryl cannon fodder is dryl off white or the bright tv white. if you decide to open it can you let us know?

hey got a small question, i was alway wondering if the white nosecone on the dryl cannon fodder is dryl off white or the bright tv white. if you decide to open it can you let us know?

Thats funny I didnt even think to check, Yes the TV version is bright white and the DYRL is off white.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Thats funny I didnt even think to check, Yes the TV version is bright white and the DYRL is off white.

thanks, i was wondering if they just swapped heads for a dyrl head and just re-tampo'd the tv vf-1a cannon fodder and called it a dyrl one.

nice to know the movie cf whites are consistent with the dyrl whites :)

Just bought 2 VF-1A Max TV versions, 1 VF-1A Kakizaki TV version, a VF-1S TV version with option parts, a VF-1A mass production TV version and Super and Strike parts non anniversary. Any one looking to sell a VF-1D version 2? c",)

2 Max TV versions? Do you have plans for the second TV version?

Not sure. I bought the second max thinking that ishop2go would not be able to fulfill the order. The second one is on route as we speak.

Where did you get the TV CF?

Got it here. The VF-1A CF was the first Macross toy I got as a kid. I prefer the brown feet and whiter whites to the movie version.

http://www.ishop2go.com/shop/products/160-vf-1a-mass-production-type-tv-ver---de2b529df-a69c-4f4b-ba22-d8164913108b---en.html

Guest davidwhangchoi

Not sure. I bought the second max thinking that ishop2go would not be able to fulfill the order. The second one is on route as we speak.

Got it here. The VF-1A CF was the first Macross toy I got as a kid. I prefer the brown feet and whiter whites to the movie version.

http://www.ishop2go.com/shop/products/160-vf-1a-mass-production-type-tv-ver---de2b529df-a69c-4f4b-ba22-d8164913108b---en.html

thanks for sharing. i referred this post to someone who was looking for one and he placed an order

Edited by davidwhangchoi

No problem! Want to help my fellow MWers find their missing Valks! Still looking for a V2 VF-1D if you know of one. Here are my recent purchases minus the 2nd VF-1A Max TV version which is still on route.

null-11.jpg

Thanks OzmaLee74, geez, that iShop2go page was a pain to navigate.

Placed the order for CF, was in need of one more ^_^

I don't understand people on eBay, if I'm not mistaken, I think that seller had that VF-1D for an eternity listed for 300 at 'buy it now' and noone bought it, 5 days left and it's already on 270 and will probably go for more than 350.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Thanks OzmaLee74, geez, that iShop2go page was a pain to navigate.

Placed the order for CF, was in need of one more ^_^

I don't understand people on eBay, if I'm not mistaken, I think that seller had that VF-1D for an eternity listed for 300 at 'buy it now' and noone bought it, 5 days left and it's already on 270 and will probably go for more than 350.

haha yeah, nobody wants to buy high instantly but if you place an auction low then you get more interested and then they begin to fight over it making it a frenzy

Thanks for the info guys! Yeah, I know that ishop2go's page been super slow lately. They mentioned on their Facebook page that they are in the middle of an update or something. They did come through for 2 Valks though.

Thanks to two awesome MW members I got two Items I've wanted for awhile this week!

The Rand ride armor doesn't technically count as a Yamato release.. but it was designed by them, or so people say.

3xhvfJMl.jpg