Bandai DX YF-30 Chronos

UN Spacy

Thanks KB.

Now should I just go track down some armored parts set for the 171, or wait to see if Bandai will drop upgrade parts set for the YF-30. :huh:

No prob, anyone in the know can correct me if I've remembered incorrectly. :)

Haven't checked, but I'd wager that the armor parts for the Cannon Fodder 171 can be found for relatively cheap since the Valk itself is garbage.

And dollars to donuts Bandai will release some sort of set for the 30, just a matter of what and when.

-b.

Very nice! The other modes are looking better than I thought (I thought this was a fighter only mode for me too!) Thanks for the pictures.

So are the shoulder chips from transformation/rubbing or did it just come like that from the factory?

Sucks that the canopy is foggy, wonder if a coat of future will cure it?

Comes like that from the factory... :(

No prob, anyone in the know can correct me if I've remembered incorrectly. :)

Haven't checked, but I'd wager that the armor parts for the Cannon Fodder 171 can be found for relatively cheap since the Valk itself is garbage.

And dollars to donuts Bandai will release some sort of set for the 30, just a matter of what and when.

-b.

looking at the Bandai hard point, it looks like the mount point is a bit larger compared to the Yamato/Arcadia. Guess I better go see what the going rate is for a set of armored parts.

Really can't wait for it! My favorite right now is the YF-29 Isamu and this is definitely going to rival it!

YF-29 is nice. With my fears of floppy mess disease disuaded, I am exponentially more excited for the 30 than I already was.

4KYHwHzl.jpg

Thanks for all the pics. I like the fact that it actually looks like a beefy, "muscular" valk, instead of an anorexic girl trying out for a modeling job. It looks like that in the arms and the angles they put on it, as well as the upper body. Still not big on the tail fins sticking out as they do, but definitely better than my initial thoughts.

Thanks for all the pics. I like the fact that it actually looks like a beefy, "muscular" valk, instead of an anorexic girl trying out for a modeling job. It looks like that in the arms and the angles they put on it, as well as the upper body. Still not big on the tail fins sticking out as they do, but definitely better than my initial thoughts.

Has the frame of a kickboxer, I think.

It's so funny to live through the trends/eras of mechanical design in anime and be present to see how fans react and perceive the changing design of mecha. Not just because the industry trends pertain to Macross, but looking at the mecha genre in anime overall. I recall years ago how many long time Macross fans felt at the time the Macross Plus mecha (the VF-11 Thunderbolt in particular) was so thin and gaunt compared to the old school Macross designs and even the larger super/real robot mecha they were used to. As time went on and mecha designs became noticeably sleeker (of which much of the Macross franchise was responsible for promoting) this reaction from fans appeared again and again with almost every sequel. Macross Zero seemed to be a real point of contention for thin robot modes and Macross Frontier mecha raised even more scrutiny for it's thin designs.

But post-Evangelion, so much anime mecha has been informed by those thin, emaciated EVA designs for so many years that it has become the norm in anime mecha. The fact that a mecha as slim and sleek as the YF-30 Chronos can now be perceived as "beefy" or "muscular" in comparison seems to me a rather amazing turn in how we mecha fans look at modern mechanical design. We sure think quite differently than we did years ago...or perhaps some of us haven't changed all that much and still think these designs aren't "big" enough :)

Edited by Mr March

Got a smear on the canopy, as if someone touched it with greasy food-hands, but it's a small patch and hardly noticeable. However, it was probably sprayed with an overcoat as I can't clean it, but can feel the slight raised contours.

Any tips and tricks to remove?

Micro fiber wipe if you wanna be 100% safe.

EDIT: I wonder if the 171 armor parts would be worth it as an add-on (will get the 171 one day... one day...)

Edited by ULessa

Micro fiber wipe if you wanna be 100% safe.

Thanks but looks like the layer sprayed on top is protecting it. Guess this will be my rough and tumble 30, while the second is my spare. Not

Much to do about that. Just find it annoying the factory worker wiped lunch on my valk (-.-)"

Anyways, went through the transformation to battroid and back, and it's floppy, until I took out a fold-out tab, buried in the nose cone, right beneath the canopy. That grey plastic tabs the body in battroid to hold it together. Overall, it feels solid; the parts click together nicely when compared to the similar VF-22, which didn't feel right when the arms rested against the legs in aircraft mode.

Some bits had paint chipping, and my battroid head has a silver section on its chin where the paint's gone, and that wasn't me. The leg swivel joint to gerwalk is less likely to scratch, as it has a connector between the two pieces, giving some space, but the nose will see some wear.

The missile rack is surprising, as both sides have missile tubes, each able to individually open, making for some pretty impressive snaps once you all get yours.

Bandai's engineering has gone up a notch, and the support parts aren't really needed, as shown in previous posts. Glad they decided on hard points...my vf-171 broke when I tried to change the wings.

Whoever is still on the fence should take a chance, as it's a very sturdy valk with some unique elements.

Thanks but looks like the layer sprayed on top is protecting it. Guess this will be my rough and tumble 30, while the second is my spare. Not

Much to do about that. Just find it annoying the factory worker wiped lunch on my valk (-.-)"

If it really bothers you its possible to get rid of it by sanding down the said part with really fine steel wool or sand paper. One you've done that you will have to clean it up with a buffer. To be safe you'll also have to mask off the parts will run through the buffer to avoid polishing off any unwanted parts. Alot of work for sure :X

Batroid with out the missiles pod, looks great.

Man that is badass. I kinda regret not getting one now. Missiles on the arms, wonder why Kawomori never designed a valk with hardpoints on the arms before.

Also wonder if we'll ever see some different options for the missile pod. Beam cannon, RVF Radar etc.

Thanks for the photos, Swoosh. I might say that is one superb DX Valk. Now contemplating if I just need one or two. Hehehe. :lol:

Anyways, I really like how articulated or bended the legs were during Gerwalk mode. ^_^

By the way, how was the pelvic joints? Are they super tight? Any chance that it will get too loose or flimsy down the line? Thanks!

Pelvic swivel joint is okay. Im pretty sure it'll be loose in time. They included the option to pull the legs further out from the diecast joint, but I'm not sure what use it serves. It is included in the instructions.

I see. Since you have the item on hand, any chance that it be hard to repair the pelvic joint once it becase loose? Is it easy accessible with screws? Thanks. ;)

apparently you can remove the bay launch missiles for the people dont like it ^_^

You should check out the previous page. Swoosh posted a lot without the missle pod. ;)

Ooppsss. Page 71. Here you go. Looks awesome! ;)

P8080291_zps95652bce.jpg

P8080292_zps00a1b14a.jpg

P8080293_zpsc89797e6.jpg