DX Chogokin RVF-25 Renewal Version

IXTL

the more people say "oh, I'm going to cancel my order and score one one after release at retail once the price drops!" The more convinced I become that it's going to vanish everywhere within seconds of it hitting the street date and nobody who didn't have a pre-order is going to get one. Figured I'd just get paying for it out of the way now.

I only cancelled my NY preorder a month ago because I got both HLJ and Otacute for 50 bucks less each.

People suddenly expecting price-drops at release date might be surprised when Bandai lowers production again due to a huuuuge deadstock of 171's.

Edited by Duymon

Guest davidwhangchoi

I only cancelled my NY preorder a month ago because I got both HLJ and Otacute for 50 bucks less each.

People suddenly expecting price-drops at release date might be surprised when Bandai lowers production again due to a huuuuge deadstock of 171's.

i'm hoping to grab one without a markup. based on NY's record of having them avail during release, there's no risk. if i can't find one for pre-order, i'll just buy it mark uped @ NY which is no loss to me as it's going to be the same price as it is now. and Luca isn't popular so i'm willing to bet they will be avail.

Luca is probably least liked cos he was a whiny kid and his unit never did anything apart from get captured and look like Keroro. Just need him to complete skull squadron but damn is the kid annoying!

Sometimes you have to envy the people who collect Valkyries because they look cool and don't know anything about the Macross universe. :p

the more people say "oh, I'm going to cancel my order and score one one after release at retail once the price drops!" The more convinced I become that it's going to vanish everywhere within seconds of it hitting the street date and nobody who didn't have a pre-order is going to get one. Figured I'd just get paying for it out of the way now.

But the mroe people cancel, the more there is on release day.

But the mroe people cancel, the more there is on release day.

At a higher price while everyone else is fist fighting over the tiny number of unallocated stock that may or may not end up on amiami or hlj.

honestly this is so stupid, I don't even want the thing any more. I should have just let the pre-order laps and stopped caring. Collecting things you like should not be this depressing. :(

Edited by anime52k8

Guest davidwhangchoi

i think you did the safe thing. the only reason i cancelled is because i had 3 on pre-order from NY as well as a boatload of other pre-orders that i need to pay for coming in so i needed to cut down on my budget so Luca was the first to go as well as sell alot of my stuff. otherwise i think i would've kept it. i would rather have a peace of mind than fight over pre-orders if i could afford it.

I'm going to join you in playing it safe by paying for my preorder tonight (NY)! I don't often cancel preorders anyway. If people are able to find it at a lower price on release then all the better. B))

Yep, I paid for my pre-order at NY too - its only $20 more, but they were the only ones that gave me a chance at this toy. I kind of think of it as a little loyalty back I guess - hopefully they will keep being good to me (at least until the VF-25S re-stock ;-)

If more and more people cancel preorders, in future places will take upfront payment to avoid this as it impacts on the stores as they now have to sit on more stock due to people cancelling on them. It also doesn't help businesses, as they may be impacted by cash flow issues due to cancellations and may close shop in future due to this. NY has been very accomodating with cancellations but I wonder how long this will last given their recent drop in prices on the VF-171 CF and YF-29 30th anniversary.

For small businesses, cash flow can be very crippling. If their own customers don't pay up, it makes it that much more difficult to pay their distributors for product. If we do see more places making us pay up front for a preorder, I hope people don't act surprised. In the end, that's the way the market works.

Edited by xrentonx

I wouldn't be surprised if they start requiring a non-refundable deposit from this point on. Cancelling preorders just 2 weeks before during the invoice period is not good news as at that pt it's too late for the retailer to back out of obligations it's made on behalf of the customers

Edited by Duymon

even though I already payed out the butt for this, I'm wondering if it's too late to have NY upgrade my shipping. I don't know if $15 is worth the agonizing wait for SAL shipping. :(

Guest davidwhangchoi

even though I already payed out the butt for this, I'm wondering if it's too late to have NY upgrade my shipping. I don't know if $15 is worth the agonizing wait for SAL shipping. :(

you should be able to. i actually paid for a cf 171 really early and asked for a refund prior to release and they honored it with no problems. So i don't think it will be an issue to upgrade shipping. definitively send them an e-mail.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I did SAL once on something I thought I could wait on, boy was I wrong. I get some sort of shipping anxiety I guess.

I'm not sure I'll spring for the EMS on this one. I usually do because I think the less time it spends in transit the better but I might risk the slow boat for Luca.

No, but if there's no urgent need for something, that's $15-$20 to put toward another valk. ^_^

I've started going with the cheapest registered/insured option on NY, just because their prices seem so out of whack. On the other hand though, I have had them upgrade me to FedEx after only paying for EMS. I really don't know why their shipping prices are so high to start with, but it's nice when they upgrade the shipping.

At $160+ we are paying for a product, yes SAL is a gut wrenching torture of a two weeks for delivery. Tracking doesn't even update until after it's been delivered, which adds to the agony. I check tracking updates obsessively and there's nothing more than I hate than to never see updates either on the japanpost site or usps site.

At $160+ we are paying for a product, yes SAL is a gut wrenching torture of a two weeks for delivery. Tracking doesn't even update until after it's been delivered, which adds to the agony. I check tracking updates obsessively and there's nothing more than I hate than to never see updates either on the japanpost site or usps site.

I also track packages like a heroine addict waiting on the next fix. I keep multiple tabs open for each package I am tracking until it is delivered, really ocd when it comes to waiting on packages. I'm surprised my wife puts up with my delivery obsession lol.

I also track packages like a heroine addict waiting on the next fix. I keep multiple tabs open for each package I am tracking until it is delivered, really ocd when it comes to waiting on packages. I'm surprised my wife puts up with my delivery obsession lol.

You can use a single link/tab for all of them:

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction.action?tLabels=[AAAAAA]%2C[bBBBBB]%2C[CCCCCC]

Just fill the tracking # into those [AAAAAA] boxes (no spaces nor "[]") and connect each with a "%2C" (no spaces).

This kind of link can be refreshed with F5.

Edited by royard

I'm seeing these on Rinkya for about $160. With their fees it would be about.. $190 before shipping.

Preorders are also up at Amazon JP around 17-18k Yen. We may see more and maybe at lower prices at Amazon JP when it's released. I will pick up another one if I can get it at retail.

It's always been more than 2 weeks for me. 20+ days sounds about right.

Guess I've been lucky, last two orders from amiami and hobbysearch took exactly 14 days from shipping notice to post office delivery note. Both SAL registered.