IXTL

Guest davidwhangchoi

This is really interesting...

Is there anybody still looking for the VF-171CF?

Because Amiami has her for MSRP http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=TOY-RBT-2966&page=

that's a good sign that bandai produced big numbers for this mold. on top of some MW'rs getting multiplies of 3-6, it's nice to see there is plenty to go around.

Hopefully that'll be the case when the vf-25F releases.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I'd be more inclined to believe it's a sign the CF isn't nearly as popular.

the alto 171 wasn't that great and was always avail as well as the 25g,

seeing everyone buy multiple sets of the cf makes me think it's popular. (though maybe it's just this forum that like 'em :) )

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

Seeing everyone buy multiple sets on this forum means it's popular on this forum. The fact it's so widely available people can keep doing this is not a sign it's popular elsewhere.

yeah agree that could be the case or it can be a sign that a lot were produced to meet the demand. or both. perhaps it's not as popular as well as bandai produced more.

given the case for amiami: Bandai allocates certain stock for each retailer. amiami sold out of all their initial pre-orders and the fact that they just re-posted more for sale isn't a sign their inital pre-orders didn't sell out and they're re-posting unsold ones.

the sign of restock may mean bandai has produced more to go around as Yamato did or as you suggested perhaps no stores were selling them well so amiami got more from Bandai bc of less demand. or it could be a combination of both (another sign of demand is still high: amiami limits one per customer, other valks (Yamato) you could order multiple copies)

hearing that their was piles of alto 171s in Japan retailers widely avail supports your point, but i do look at the forums as an indicator for demand. as alto wasn't that in demand here either but signs point to the cf scheme is more popular than altos, (i never saw multiple buys of alto)

either way, it's good for us outside of Japan where these are hard to come by and i'm hoping that is the case the Bandai is producing more to meet demand.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Amiami still has them at msrp, almost eerie! Now do I preorder another armor set or hold off and pray for sales! I am glad to get two, I sold off my alto 171 because it was such an oddball next to my Bandai and yamato vf-17... Yea! My first cf-171 will arrive tomorrow!

Well dang it, should have sold mine already. Now that AmiAmi has it cheaper, there's no way I'll get close to what I paid for it...

I'll probably have to sell it at a loss, rather than wait a few months and hope it becomes rare....

I think it's a little out of column A and a little out of Column B.

I think Bandai made more, and then some of the shops stocked up on more than usual.

Also, Frontier has been out for awhile, and a lot of people might not be buying up a re-release of a toy they already have 3-4 versions of.

Remember the Alto 171 just came out a few months ago.

It's just bad planning by Bandai IMO.

It's like when Beagle/Toynami made the Stick Cyclone, then went straight to the Ray Cyclone... they look exactly the same!! Why didn't they go and make one of the other variants to keep people buying. Shrug.

Edited by Gakken85

I think the Japanese market tends to go for the iconic hero valks mainly. Even the Alto 171 seemed to hang around for a while. I can imagine with the limited space that the average city dweller in Japan has, they would mainly focus on the hero's and could most likely live without this Cannon Fodder variant. I personally could not do that LOL, I have to complete my collection.

Finally transformed one of mine and it's the first VF-171 that I have transformed. Not sure whether I am doing it right and probably someone mentioned it back in the post. In battroid mode, does the body lock at all. The only lock seems to be the backpack. Mine seems to collapse quite easily in the middle as there appears to be no lock at all. Just wanted to make sure I am not missing anything. Thanks.

Also, stock appears to be moving a bit as if you look at Amazon JP, the lower prices ones are gone. I managed to pick up another two shipped by EMS for 32,275 Yen or 16,138 each shipped which appears to be a good price.

The lower part of the plate connect the legs swing bar does have a - shaped lock, you should hear a click if it locks in place to the lower back. And with both the back pack locks in place, the battroid should be solid enough, only the legs swing bar may not lock in place when it is lifted.

Edited by CRYO

Guest davidwhangchoi

mine is still in private warehouse, i think i better have it shipped soon.... was too lazy to have it sent after golden week. i'm getting excited looking at all these photos.

The lower part of the plate connect the legs swing bar does have a - shaped lock, you should hear a click if it locks in place to the lower back. And with both the back pack locks in place, the battroid should be solid enough, only the legs swing bar may not lock in place when it is lifted.

Thanks. Will have a look when I get back home tonight. Quite fiddly to transform the first time. The joints are tight and sometimes you don't know whether you need to use force or not and afraid to break it. I actually broke a small part on it which doesn't affect the appearance luckily. It's the black piece near the intake in fighter mode that folds inwards. Currently being super glued at the moment and hope it holds.

While having a surplus of available VF-171 CF is a good thing, I hope it doesn't send signals to anybody that "maybe Macross F just isn't popular anymore", thus affecting future reissues/releases like the 25F or S.

That said, I hope to just get my 25S, and be done with this series. I've got other lines to collect too.

So did anybody get one without the little scratches and scruffs? That's kind of annoying haha. Really enjoying the weight of it. The transformation looks tough.

Also, you guys had me super scared to get the cockpit open.. it came right up with a little hair pin. haha.

Edited by Gakken85

CF normally do not sell well. If you look at Yamato when the 1/48 first came out, the VF-1S Roy was very popular that it received numerous reissues. When the VF-1A CF was announced it was said to be limited, probably to help the sales. Not sure whether it is but it was not sold out immediately and no reissues were done. This is probably the same for the frontier valks with Alto and Ozma VF-25 selling well, while the CF not so. It might impact a release of a VF-25 CF but given how Alto been reissued, we will probably see Ozma reissued as well. So far we have frontier items coming out every month up to August. 4 months left in the year. We might see Ozma reissued as well as VF-25G and RVF-25 super parts, and maybe Tornado parts.

I received mine today as well. Its got a ton of scuff marks and over paint in certain areas, which is definitely disappointing. The joints seem to be OK, but I haven't had a chance to transform it yet.

I also decided to order another one from AmiAmi, as that price is too good to pass up.

that's a good sign that bandai produced big numbers for this mold. on top of some MW'rs getting multiplies of 3-6, it's nice to see there is plenty to go around.

Hopefully that'll be the case when the vf-25F releases.

I hope so too. Want to grab another VF-25. Glad Bandai are producing more units

I really think a lot of peopled passed because they just got the Alto. Which is too bad, because I think this is a much sexier color.

Edited by Gakken85

After a quick inspection. I got a lemon after all that waiting. So, on one side the smaller part of the 2 piece triangle part under the armpit just crumbled off. I thought OK, I could live with that, but then I soon discover that the piece under the cockpit isn't there either. So what now? Is it worth the headache to exchange it? Can NY just send me that part? I suppose I can live with it, but should I? This is my first vf to be missing a part.

After a quick inspection. I got a lemon after all that waiting. So, on one side the smaller part of the 2 piece triangle part under the armpit just crumbled off. I thought OK, I could live with that, but then I soon discover that the piece under the cockpit isn't there either. So what now? Is it worth the headache to exchange it? Can NY just send me that part? I suppose I can live with it, but should I? This is my first vf to be missing a part.

Send it back and have them send you another one. Sooner you start the better

Also, the best picture I could get:

NdC18m4l.jpg

Still learning my new camera.

http://i.imgur.com/NdC18m4.jpg

Edited by Gakken85

Man, that sucks. I'm in the same boat with I think the same missing piece. I emailed NY about it and am waiting to hear back about it.

I really think a lot of peopled passed because they just got the Alto. Which is too bad, because I think this is a much sexier color.

Agree with you here. Like it better than the Alto, I don't need anymore white w/red trim Valks. It was also in the show, which is a plus in my book.

Just paid for my Ami Ami invoice. Came out to $160.38 through paypal.

Agree with you here. Like it better than the Alto, I don't need anymore white w/red trim Valks. It was also in the show, which is a plus in my book.

Just paid for my Ami Ami invoice. Came out to $160.38 through paypal.

grymg, what shipping method did you choose for that price. Just thinking whether to order another. Thanks.

Man, that sucks. I'm in the same boat with I think the same missing piece. I emailed NY about it and am waiting to hear back about it.

Ya I just emailed them along with this pic.

post-10971-0-21585600-1368508943_thumb.jpg

Now if that isn't clear enough, I don't know what is.

*In the event that NY can't help, can someone shapeways this part?

Edited by Negotiator