IXTL

I'm curious how much you paid for them.

17000 + 2720 yen - pre-order price + registered SAL.

Guess they probably printed address twice by accident and lumped them together

All the destination name and address are hand written, no doubt they screwed up when they are going through tons of orders. Second package say "Maquette" - french for scale model so it probably meant for some one in Quebec or France.

I noticed that the right leg on my CF makes this nasty snap while rotating it back for Fighter-Mode. It's the same thing as Veef showed in his review of the VF-171EX Alto Custom.

Is this something to worry about? Can I take the leg apart and fix something? Or am I doing something wrong while transforming?

The other leg seems fine though.

I've had them make that snap too, and it's annoying, but I imagine it's just from the parts actually aligning to let the rotation happen.

One more drop in the bucket of "what nimrod designed this?" really.. Would have been really simple to just make the legs rotate freely, but no, they had to work in some kind of interlock system that keeps them from rotating once you extend the legs a certain amount, and won't let you turn them back until you massage the knee joints into the perfect position to let the mechanism align. <_<

Edited by Chronocidal

I've had them make that snap too, and it's annoying, but I imagine it's just from the parts actually aligning to let the rotation happen.

One more drop in the bucket of "what nimrod designed this?" really.. Would have been really simple to just make the legs rotate freely, but no, they had to work in some kind of interlock system that keeps them from rotating once you extend the legs a certain amount, and won't let you turn them back until you massage the knee joints into the perfect position to let the mechanism align. <_<

the nimrod that designed it also did the vf-17 for yamato

Edited by Duymon

Ok, just got mine in. Erm any tips on how to open up the cockpit? Its customary for me to pop the pilot into the cockpit right after opening up a new valk and this is driving me nuts.

Pull straight up so the cockpit sits a little higher. Then use a toothpick or something to open the actual canopy.

Pull straight up so the cockpit sits a little higher. Then use a toothpick or something to open the actual canopy.

It's so slippery! This is bollocks, as one of my fave thing to do with my valks is to open and close the canopies. (It's a habit)

FIGHTER: FIGHTER MODE is placed in the top manipulator and laser guns. By reducing unevenness to the limit, who won the ACTIVE-STEALTH ability superior.

GERWALK: In VF-17, since the laser gun built in both arms was lost, the "INRUSH MODE" in the GERWALK MODE of the VF-171 was omitted.

BATTROID: BATTROID MODE is carrying out the heavy armanents and the rough style which make ARMORED VAKLYRIE and has the capability to have excelled not only in fire power but in the defense side.

Oh Bandai...I sort of understand the last two but have no idea what the fighter mode sentence means.

You're gonna have to jiggle that canopy up very slowly. It took me forever to open mine :(

LOL, I left the pilots out in the pic I posted a few pages back. I just did not feel like messing with it on any of them.

Finally fiddled that canopy up and socked the pilot in...ahhhhh bliss. Anyone wondered why is the pilot sitting with the legs straight? That wouldn't be comfy at all. Not going to try transformation yet, perhaps with some liquid courage this weekend. -_-

Mine have been "Dispatch from outward office of exchange" from osaka from May 2nd. I've never had it take so long before. it's driving me nuts.

same status here, but since yesterday.

Since the package is handed over to DHL in Germany, i also can track the package via their website, where it says :The shipment will be transported to the destination country

I hope that means it is already on its way.

Same here in my experience I usually get thing in 2 weeks via SAL from Japan so hopefully next week or tomorrow at the earliest

Getting the canopy open is a true test of patience. I opened it the first time after much cajoling and not having clipped my nails in almost a week so I could pry the canopy upwards.

The second time, it snapped off at the hinge with the column that slides up. Luckily it broke at the joint where it's glued, so I just superglued it back on.

But I've added the detailing I wanted, so that canopy is never going to open again for as long as I own it.

the nimrod that designed it also did the vf-17 for yamato

Actually I really have to wonder about this, because the design philosophies behind the two seem almost completely opposite.

Yamato's VF-17 is extremely simple, bulky, and a breeze to transform, but not as sleek, and doesn't lock together in fighter mode as well.

On the other hand, the VF-171 is painfully over-complicated, over-engineered, a pain the arse to transform, and actually works worse in battroid than the Yamato, but locks together better in fighter.

If it really is the same person designing both, Bandai and Yamato must be sending them entirely different requirements. I mean.. ok, if you compare the hip flap on the Yamato with the little mess of folding panels on the Bandai, and the way the wing hinges work on the two, I don't think I could ever believe anyone suggesting they were designed by the same person.

Edited by Chronocidal

Ok, just got mine in. Erm any tips on how to open up the cockpit? Its customary for me to pop the pilot into the cockpit right after opening up a new valk and this is driving me nuts.

Just keep in mind that the canopy is not meant to open until the cockpit is elevated first. To elevate the cockpit, there is a small notch behind the back of the canopy. I used the small pointy-tip of tweezers to pop it up and then elevated the cockpit all the way and then opened the canopy. I always put the pilot in first before the first transformation.

Just keep in mind that the canopy is not meant to open until the cockpit is elevated first. To elevate the cockpit, there is a small notch behind the back of the canopy. I used the small pointy-tip of tweezers to pop it up and then elevated the cockpit all the way and then opened the canopy. I always put the pilot in first before the first transformation.

Yup I got it done finally, thanks. Just comparing the durandal with the nightmare, can't believe I paid less for the former and it came with a poster too. Grrr what hath become of our hobby.

Smart man.

Reading instructions n crap. haha

I got my VF-171 from NY yesterday. It some of the minor scratches others had mentioned, but it was 100% complete. It's my first Macross Frontier toy and I have to say that while the transformation is overly complex and the battroid mode isn't all that solid, it's still a very impressive thing of beauty. I really love the color scheme and the tampo-printed markings really make it pop. I have a pre-order for the VF-25F and VF-27 and cant wait to expand my Macross Frontier collection.

post-415-0-17017100-1368163626_thumb.jpg

post-415-0-37599100-1368163628_thumb.jpg

The VF-171 cannon Fodder really stands out. BTW, I use an old cigarette pack case from a convenience store that my friend to gave me to display my stuff. It has a plexi-glass front that is uv-coated and has a lock to keep my collection safe. Ain't the prettiest thing, but it does the job well.

Very nice Sephiroth. Think the case works rather well but it's getting crowded in there!

Thanks, yes...that is a dilemma I'm facing, but I have a few solutions already worked out. I'm still saving funds to dedicate towards that VF-1D I want while trying to budget for other Macross goodness.