I think it'S time for Graham to tease us...

Montarvillois

2003 has been a great year for Macross IMO. The 1/48 line, the M+ reissues, the VT-1 and VE-1, the pencil sharpeners etc.. etc...

What does the sithlord know that we should know. It's been a while since we had some kind of update in the news on stuff like the VF-19 FP and other upcomming goodies. Graham, can you tease us a bit. I've bought pretty much everything that felt interesting enough to buy, now what's next ?

Cmon Graham, tease us please....

Monty

Maybe with a full monty?

:lol::D:p

Ok back to the main topic, Graham is sure to know about Yamato has or intends for the year 2004 and may have even seen some prototypes. They may include the 1/60 Qrau, 1/60 Monster, 1/72 M+ YF19/Fps, M0 variants (1/72 or 1/60?) and maybe even some destroids and enemy variants (in what scale?). If im aint wrong, next year is the DYRL Annivesary, correct me if im wrong, i wonder if Yamato intends to release something special?

That only Graham knows and his lips are sealed. Maybe we can get him talking after some bears during Jan MW HK Shopathon.

:lol::p:ph34r::ph34r:

Cheers

Man...pretty soon we will all be getting together talking about the good ol' days when Graham had cryptic news for us all the time...

Yup,

I kinda miss those days already... Now the only tease in this forum seems to be my avatar.

;)

:lol:

A very nice avatar indeed!

Anyway, about Graham... I'm sure he knows, and he's probably dying to tell us... but if he did, he'd have to kill us... all. Slowly and painfully... then kill anyone we know we MIGHT have told... do you really want that? DO YOU?!?!

I sure don't. I have people that owe me money. :D

Or he might be simply an insanely clever tease. One who can tease us with his silence almost as effectively as he can with his revelations. Look at this thread, already the conspiracy theories are starting. I can almost hear the maniacal laughter now. ;)

Then, months later, when we have driven ourselves beyond frothing insanity with all the unknowns (Q-reaus, yf-19's, scale issues, Macross 0, etc. [or should I be a politician and say they're all known unknowns?]) when he sees that our spirits have finally begun to crack, he'll release a few sweet teasers and totally blow the minds of every little macross fanboy into the stratosphere.

Somewhere, its coming: The tease to cause total macross orgasmic annihilation.

Truly, Graham is SITHLORD :p

I´m just curious about the whereabouts of the YF-19FP , it´s been on pre-production far too long , wasn´t it suppossed to come out already ? I´d be happy if someone told us why is taking so long , don´t mind if they keep the release date to themselves but I´m really starting to loose faith in that toy if it´s ever released.

Graham still knows much, but each year that passes, Yamato allows him to reveal less and less. I think at first Yamato was seriously trying to really establish themselves with Macross fans, so they let Graham spill the beans on lots of things. Think of it as clever marketing :) But now that Yamato has fully established themselves with Macross fans worldwide, perhaps they feel they don't have to worry as much about "marketing" as before.

Man...pretty soon we will all be getting together talking about the good ol' days when Graham had cryptic news for us all the time...

Yup,

I kinda miss those days already... Now the only tease in this forum seems to be my avatar.

;)

:lol:

A very nice avatar indeed!

Anyway, about Graham... I'm sure he knows, and he's probably dying to tell us... but if he did, he'd have to kill us... all. Slowly and painfully... then kill anyone we know we MIGHT have told... do you really want that? DO YOU?!?!

I sure don't. I have people that owe me money. :D

Hnmm? What did you say? I was too busy looking at Montarvillois's avatar. :D

Graham still knows much, but each year that passes, Yamato allows him to reveal less and less. I think at first Yamato was seriously trying to really establish themselves with Macross fans, so they let Graham spill the beans on lots of things. Think of it as clever marketing :) But now that Yamato has fully established themselves with Macross fans worldwide, perhaps they feel they don't have to worry as much about "marketing" as before.

I don't think it is that as much as the info they would release caused more trouble than it was worth. Fans are very critical and are quick to pass judgements. When things change or never show up, some fans become very bitter. Yamato is a young company and learned a lot of things about marketing the hard way. They learned why most companies don't release information about their products too far in advance.

We already know what Yamato is going to be doing most of next year. There is the return of the Mac+ valks, the Mac0 valks, 1/60, GBP-1S, Q-Rau, flight suit, perhaps the huge Monster, and I'm sure there are a few more 1/48 VF-1's. That is a lot of stuff for Yamato to tackle in one year.

I'm a Fanboy's Tease :D

anyways, I think after the flamefests we had when G-man announced other Yamato releases

I'm guessing they want to keep the mood in the forum light and open

there were enough members pissing and moaning about who/what/when/where/why

to the point everybody got mad :)

Not only that but I guess Yamato wasn't to happy about one of their releases being known by the public before official word was given

"Take it as I see it when I see it" has it's charm too

I thought Graham said his contact no longer has as up-to-date info as he did before. Or something along those lines.

Yeah, I second the motion on WTF is up with the YF-19FP. Wonder if they even tooled up and/or if these things are sitting in a Yamato warehouse somewhere... (I'm kinda thinking the proto's are done and waiting to be mass produced... that or it got sent back for a retry).

Course, what's up with the Monster, too? And the Q-rau. Anyone? Bueller? I got Yamato's latest letter but haven't had time to babelcrap it...

Seems like M0 would be next. Then Q-rau then destroids, led by the Monster.

A VF-X2 VF-22S FP is what Yamato could crank up with little effort really. They already sculpted the parts. Just mold it in a different color and do a different paint job and I'll have 2 of 'em keeping my YF-21 FP company. :)

There's stuff I would love to tell you guys, but unfortunately for whatever reason Yamato doesn't like me to reveal as much stuff as in the past.

It may have something to do with the fact that early this year or last year some Japanese fans were lurking on MW and complained to BW and Yamato that we had more info than they did.

Also, while I still have some insider sources at Yamato, my main source is now virtually impossible to contact and much more tight-lipped than in the past :(

Graham

Darn Japanese fans... Isn't it enough that they are at the beginning of the source of all anime? Arent they privileged enough that they don't have to figure in shipping and handling costs and walk into any ol' toy store and purchase these babies?

:o:( sigh....

Question:

What exactly would happen to you Graham if you accidently "*cough* yf 19 FP coming in january 2004 *cough*" or say you tell us secretly by email and we all blame it on say..., some anonymous hacker? :p

Well, this is sad to hear. :( At least you were able to spill some info in the past. I guess all we can do now is just wait. <_<

... think of it this way, Yamato is giving us a break after releasing 4 1/48's (Vf-1S Hikaru and Roy reissue, and Vf-1J normal and armored) in less than a 2 month period. i know my wallet is finally relaxing :blink:

It may have something to do with the fact that early this year or last year some Japanese fans were lurking on MW and complained to BW and Yamato that we had more info than they did.

Damn them!!! Let them get their own contacts. Quicker release and cheaper prices they're not gonna get any sympathy from me! :angry:

How come Yamato has to be so... Japanese. lol. Rhetorical. It's because they're a Japanese company... but come on! B))

I can understand keeping a tight lid on the upcoming designs, but it's kinda weird not knowing what the next 1/48 is. :huh:

Yamato are now trying to make as though every 1/48 VF1 variant they release will be the last. As a result most of us will end up buying every 1/48 VF1 variant they release because of the fear it might happen.

at this point even hearing "the YF-19FP should be out soon" out of Yamato would be good.

It will come when it comes, just be patient.

As I've said before, I'd rather they took their time and get it right rather than releasea botched design.

Graham

Next 1/48 would either has to be a CF, a TV Max, a TV Miria, or a 1D.... I mean c'mon, any of these valks we would buy in a heart beat. Not only that with the 1/60 Rau , and GBP I doubt it would be a boring time for us Macross collectors. Don't you think?

Really, think about it, for a CF, Max or Miria, The only thing Yamato needs is to re-paint existing toys. Again the Nrxt 1/48 has to any of the above, or in a weird twist we might get a VF-1J Low-Vis.

Here are some pics of my new favorite:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...=4&t=3699&st=20

Personally I really want to see a CF! I feel like getting two of those ;)

Vic

There's stuff I would love to tell you guys, but unfortunately for whatever reason Yamato doesn't like me to reveal as much stuff as in the past.

This is not teasing, this is torture...

AAARRRGHH !!! more, more please sithlord...

(goes back to the torture room to get stretched by horses)

I was hoping for it as a Christmans present!

yeah, xmas present for Christmas 2004! ;)

And Graham...

I give you lots of respect, I wouldn't last one month not spreading the word with the info you know, but yeah...

It's not about "when it done, it's done"...

No, no, no...

Yamato will take their sweet time "perfecting" no matter what us fans do... (though, perfecting for yamato usually comes AFTER they release it, AFTER everyone buys it)

If they want to delay the amount they do, you better compensate with a couple of progress pics OR ATLEAST some bit of significant news, which we dont have.... all we have to salivate on is the "Model Graphix" pics of what it'll shoot for....

All in all, as I've said time and again....

With the following yamato has enjoyed, the fans deserve much better....

You don't come across a legion of people so optimistic and upbeat as these people are.

To simply grin and keep us hanging is just cruel...

Enjoy the anticipation and quit bugging Graham.

That's my whole point,

What is there to anticipate ? anything that was announced was announced eons ago. OK let's have an easy question for Graham. When can we expect a significant toy issue (january, feb, march ?) without saying what it is.

I hope we are not "bugging" him as you say.

:unsure:

I say we watch Alizee more.

She's teh cutie.

Vostok 7

You're damn right Vostok 7.

I have a couple of GIG's of her vids and pics.

I don't know if I can post pics of her, maybe we can get Shawn or Graham's approval first.

I'll say two words.

RED FISH (on her @$$). :p

opr if [possible Graham can you tel us WHEN the next info update will be? I know perhaps Yamato is more secretive and such but things are coming out of nowhere, from the sudden preorder liosting fpor the YF19Fp in july to the Vf-0 prototype which according to you was started on and would be finished in a month or 2....you siad this last febuary i believe and it is almost a year.

Now knowing that yamato must be done with at least a VF-0A prototype. Can you give us ANY VF-0 news? I can wait for the rtussian vVF but come on I want me some VCF-0!!