DX VF-25G

zulu

Did the same thing happen for the VF-25F/S Renewals? I wasn't into buying toys back then.

HLJ does move things from 'Discontinued' to 'In Stock' just like they did with Yamato VF-1A Cavaliers. However, with Bandai DX, the chances are slimmer as Bandai does not seem to reissue all their products even if it sells well. I noticed that some Gundam range which sell well for Bandai, they do not reissue like the old MMM Strike Gundam. Not sure whether Bandai has reissued their Metal Build Gundams as well as they sold out at places like HLJ. To answer your question, I don't recall seeing the VF-25S/F going from 'discontinued' to 'In Stock'.

Like I said in another post, with Bandai, get it when it first comes out or risk having to pay a huge premium if you want it. Yamato, I couldn't be bothered buying it when it's release anymore due to the constant sales. With the limited supply for Bandai, it makes it feel more of a collectors item while Yamato with the constant discount it becomes less of a collector item. Doesn't help as well when they release the same things again and add the option parts. Nice if you never had the item in the first place, crap if you already bought it when it first came out. Not to mentioned it will probably end up on sale at HLJ at 30% off or more down the track.

Like I said in another post, with Bandai, get it when it first comes out or risk having to pay a huge premium if you want it. Yamato, I couldn't be bothered buying it when it's release anymore due to the constant sales. With the limited supply for Bandai, it makes it feel more of a collectors item while Yamato with the constant discount it becomes less of a collector item. Doesn't help as well when they release the same things again and add the option parts. Nice if you never had the item in the first place, crap if you already bought it when it first came out. Not to mentioned it will probably end up on sale at HLJ at 30% off or more down the track.

and as a result even though I like Yamato valks considerably more I have been buying more DX valks. I didn't need VF-171, didn't need YF-29 30th, and there I was pulling the trigger when the opportunity presented itself. Hopefully Lucas will be the last DX valk I buy.

So really, what people are saying is that, from Yamato's business perspective, they should produce far less quantity of each toy so that shortages occur and people will end up buying their stuff when it first comes out for fear of missing out later.

I didn't really understand Bandai's reasoning for making amounts far short of apparent demand, but in light of this, it makes much more sense to me.

So really, what people are saying is that, from Yamato's business perspective, they should produce far less quantity of each toy so that shortages occur and people will end up buying their stuff when it first comes out for fear of missing out later.

I didn't really understand Bandai's reasoning for making amounts far short of apparent demand, but in light of this, it makes much more sense to me.

Between all of this and people saying they'll wait until the Yamato's get cheap you're right, this does make Bandai's strategy a lot more sensible.

Well, sensible in the sense that people will be quicker to buy them up, yes. If Bandai is striving to keep from having stuff sit on the shelves, then mission accomplished, because you can't find them anywhere.

Sensible in terms of profit? I'm not so sure. I don't have actual numbers to go by, so I can't say for certain here, but think about it. Yamato keeps re-releasing things. They wouldn't do that if they didn't sell out to begin with, and Yamato's stuff has never been that hard to get anyway.

Could mean one of two things. Either Yamato is burying Bandai in terms of production numbers and sales, or the demand for Yamato stuff just isn't high enough to cause the kind of shortages Bandai valks see. It really could be either.. I mean, despite the remaining gap in overall quality between the two, Frontier stuff is still a hot item, so they're banking on the current popularity of the series. Yamato is banking on nostalgia, and the prices reflect that, since they're targeting older collectors.

I'd still love to see their respective quarterly profit reports for Macross-related productions. ^_^

On an unrelated note, I'm keeping my fingers crossed, because Nippon Yasan emailed be back, and they're going to contact Bandai about getting me a spare crotch plate. It's up to Bandai now really, but it's reassuring to see NY doing what they can. :)

Well, sensible in the sense that people will be quicker to buy them up, yes. If Bandai is striving to keep from having stuff sit on the shelves, then mission accomplished, because you can't find them anywhere.

Sensible in terms of profit? I'm not so sure. I don't have actual numbers to go by, so I can't say for certain here, but think about it. Yamato keeps re-releasing things. They wouldn't do that if they didn't sell out to begin with, and Yamato's stuff has never been that hard to get anyway.

Could mean one of two things. Either Yamato is burying Bandai in terms of production numbers and sales, or the demand for Yamato stuff just isn't high enough to cause the kind of shortages Bandai valks see. It really could be either.. I mean, despite the remaining gap in overall quality between the two, Frontier stuff is still a hot item, so they're banking on the current popularity of the series. Yamato is banking on nostalgia, and the prices reflect that, since they're targeting older collectors.

I'd still love to see their respective quarterly profit reports for Macross-related productions. ^_^

On an unrelated note, I'm keeping my fingers crossed, because Nippon Yasan emailed be back, and they're going to contact Bandai about getting me a spare crotch plate. It's up to Bandai now really, but it's reassuring to see NY doing what they can. :)

I read the FAQ on NY's site, it did say that they will contact the mfg of the product directly for you if you have problems like HLJ does. I have not yet needed to do this, but it does make me feel better about ordering with them when the item is pricey.

I have had a good experience with them so far and have got my items really fast also.

That'd be great, good luck with that, Chronocidal.

Will do. They're not necessarily extremely fast about replying, but I'm not going to complain if they actually come through. I can be patient. ^_^

I am a little concerned about what it might cost just to ship that part, but I don't mind eating postage for an envelope with a part in it. Just as long as they don't box it up in 20 square feet of newspaper and bubblewrap, I think it'll be fine. :lol:

Edited by Chronocidal

When I have needed replacement parts in the past, HLJ took a while to get it all to me. I think they may have charged me a tiny fee for postage. Amiami on the other hand charged me for some free replacement wings that were issued for the VF-19 Kai from Yamato and a postage fee. They gave me so much crap too, I am done with Amiami overall unless I have some kind of toy crisis lol. I would just like to know how it works with NY.

Edited by Loop

Will do. They're not necessarily extremely fast about replying, but I'm not going to complain if they actually come through. I can be patient. ^_^

I am a little concerned about what it might cost just to ship that part, but I don't mind eating postage for an envelope with a part in it. Just as long as they don't box it up in 20 square feet of newspaper and bubblewrap, I think it'll be fine. :lol:

When my vf-171 came to me missing a chest cannon, N-Y contacted bandai. Bandai instead of simply shipping me the part wanted me to ship the vf-171 back to them at my cost. Hopefully they don't do this to you.

Finally got my first Bandai renewal Valkyrie! My VF-25G arrived today - I broke down and got it on "sale" at NY with registered SAL shipping (since I missed out on all the other Bandai renewals). I am very impressed! Now I get what all the fuss is about. Mine came in pretty good condition, a minor dent on the box, but the bird itself seems pretty intact - I have the slightly warped wings which I will heat up and re-bend down a little, but other than that I am very happy with it. Love the poseability in Battriod mode and will keep it in that mode because it just looks so awesome looking down that big gun (and I'm an aircraft mode fan all the way - so that's saying a lot).

Has anyone found that it seems somewhat oily, just after playing with it for a little while, I find my fingers leaving oily finger prints all over it and I think its coming from the gun stabilizers, it seems the forward ones have a lot of WD-40 in the joints or is it just mine?

I really, really want a VF-25S re-issue with the armour packs now... (now that I know what I'm missing!)

Glad you finally got yours. I think they managed to get them to look even better than the models.

They tend to be pretty oily out of the box. I just wipe it down with a wet paper towel which seems to work well enough to get all of the oily substance off. I didn't notice any extra oil coming from the stablizers, but yours might have gotten some extra trapped in the gun itself. You can at least pop off the back set of stabilizers and wipe those down.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it! :)

Edited by MacrossJunkie

been trying to resist, but i caved in too when NY dropped it a bit more, from $216 to $210. probably just forex causing the change.

i guess an example of how a feather broke the camel's back.

if any other members in Singapore want to give in, i saw a VF-25G and Alto YF-29 at a shop in Funan going for SGD340 and SGD530 respectively.

You know one thing I did notice about the gun stabilizers... they're not molded in clear plastic anymore. :p I don't know why, but they used to be in clear plastic, painted to match.

I had no idea. That's boggling, but not surprising at this point. It feels like there was little rhyme or reason to Bandai's choices sometimes. The version 1's seemed like they were put together with parts outsourced from different factories using different plastics or in the case of renewal Ozma, parts were molded in one color and then entirely repainted with another color instead of just molding it in that color to begin with.

They did a lot of that nonsense with molding in the wrong color the first time too. The rear landing gear doors on the 25G were molded blue, and painted to match. It's still done with a surprising number of parts too, the tails are always molded in the base color of the valk and painted black. Not sure, but the ventral fins probably are too.

I guess I halfway can't blame Bandai for it though.. outside of Alto's, all the VF-25 schemes are a royal pain in the backside to paint. So many panels in varying colors and shades, it's really a mess. Ozma's is almost something like you might see on a real aircraft, but the color on the underside is still varied across a bunch of panels with different shades of gray.

• 1 month later...

I ordered mine from NY for $206 on sale, with EMS shipping. This'll be my first renewal since I've missed the window of opportunity on previous releases. That said, the color on this thing really pops, and it looks gorgeous in all the pics I've seen, sniper rifle notwithstanding. I initially wanted Ozma's, but I'm glad I got this one instead.

Is there a projected date for super packs?