Link to the actual Maketoys catalog PDF, downloadable:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Oh-MPIQfxnUnJMLUJvOEp1STA/edit?pli=1

You can save it and zoom in etc, the text and colors render much better offline than online.

Wow.. that Metroplex looks 100x more appealing than the official 2 footer.

Actually looks like the old toy with modern articulation.

Edited by Gakken85

Wow.. that Metroplex looks 100x more appealing than the official 2 footer.

Actually looks like the old toy with modern articulation.

And they're doing Scorponok next:

27440518d1400818541-maketoys-pandinus-te

27440519d1400818541-maketoys-pandinus-te

Sigh, still waiting for SOMEBODY to do Trypticon. Seriously, is any character as famous or more desired, that hasn't gotten a single figure since the original G1? (repaints of other characters do not count--there hasn't been a single dino-to-fortress toy since 1986)

Ironically, that bot-mode pic of Scorponot, is so WFC-styled that when I first saw it on my phone, I thought it WAS a WFC Trypticon...

Just yesterday Gigapower said they didn't want to have people tied up to a preorder until they had a somewhat accurate release time table to give to the webstores.

Guess FT is feeling more panicky than respectful towards their customers right now...

Just yesterday Gigapower said they didn't want to have people tied up to a preorder until they had a somewhat accurate release time table to give to the webstores.

Guess FT is feeling more panicky than respectful towards their customers right now...

I'm also guessing FT is panicking and throwing in the third preorder just to get customers before GP announce their preorder. I'll wait for GP Dinos.

FT's potato bot does nothing for me but it has been reviewed. FTs Swoops price point and extras I call bs on. FTs snarl looks...too nice guy. I'm loving GPs Snarls aesthetic but its only vapor ware at the moment. Need to see what GPs Slag dino mode looks like.

Man... I'm really wishing I had some extra cash right now. Seems Hegemon is getting a reissue, and I always wanted one to replace the kind of crappy purple and green classics version. And that, naturally, makes me really want to get Mania King, too, to replace the even crappier CHUG Galvatron.

Man... I'm really wishing I had some extra cash right now. Seems Hegemon is getting a reissue, and I always wanted one to replace the kind of crappy purple and green classics version. And that, naturally, makes me really want to get Mania King, too, to replace the even crappier CHUG Galvatron.

I must be the only one on this world that actually likes that Galvatron. :lol:

I must be the only one on this world that actually likes that Galvatron. :lol:

The CHUG one?

I think, if they'd gone with their original plan and made him a Voyager, he'd have turned out better. As a Deluxe, he's a pain to transform and a pain to pose. Plus, for a Decepticon leader, he seems smaller than Bumblebee.

I read the Takara version is miles better. It supposedly doesn't pop apart during transformation and has a more solid feel. My biggest problem with the US version (aside from the fact it's not a Voyager/Ultra) is the colors. Green, Hasbro?

Edited by RD Blade

I read the Takara version is miles better. It supposedly doesn't pop apart during transformation and has a more solid feel. My biggest problem with the US version (aside from the fact it's not a Voyager/Ultra) is the colors. Green, Hasbro?

Green? Are you still talking about Galvatron? 'Cuz there's not a speck of green on him.

Not to be argumentative, but to my eye Galvatron's color resembles Greenscream's far more than...

Gunmetal

th_Ravage_teeth_zpscf4eddb3.jpg <----------The little guy's lower legs and big guy's mid-section

Sorry for being off-topic so long, mods. I'm just baffled that I'm perceiving colors so differently from mikeszekely and Phyrox

Not to be argumentative, but to my eye Galvatron's color resembles Greenscream's far more than...

Gunmetal

th_Ravage_teeth_zpscf4eddb3.jpg <----------The little guy's lower legs and big guy's mid-section

Sorry for being off-topic so long, mods. I'm just baffled that I'm perceiving colors so differently from mikeszekely and Phyrox

Yeah, you're right there, about the gunmetal. And you're right that Galvatron isn't gunmetal. Like I said, he's a couple shades lighter... so gray. Gray like the color of the scroll bar on the side of the posting window.

In terms of brightness, or the amount of white you'd have to mix to get that shade, I think Greenscream and Galvatron are similar. But Galvatron is like what you'd get when you mix white and black (or white and gunmetal), and Greenscream's more like if you mixed white and a dark forest green.

Getting back on topic, I have never bought a single third-party figure, but I've been tempted several times. I really think I want to get in on the Hegemon reissue. Where do you guys usually buy from, or am I opening a whole can of worms with that question? Does anyone have any experience with Captured Prey?

Yeah I've bought from Captured Prey as 'twas a very positive experience. I would continue to do so except I'm in Australia, so postage ain't fun.

I got Quakewave from CP and everything went smoothly. :)

For Aussies there's robotkingdom.com, ehobbybaseshop.com or tfidownunder.com* for third party stuff. Shipping from them tends to be better than from the USA.

Are you on otca.com.au?

* still has some teething problems but will be good to have an actual Aussie supplier if they sort it out

Yeah, no. I'm waiting for Kronos as well. Somewhat impatiently, as it's been delayed by about two months already. :angry:

There's supposed to be an update within the next couple of days.

yup everyone is waiting on him...some people are foaming at the mouth. i think tonight (thursday) into friday morning we are supposed to get an update. the tfw thread is pretty "up to the minute" on him usually.