Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force (Thread no.2)

IXTL

Did anyone figure out what the deal is with these?

Still waiting on the one I ordered with the SP, I was hoping someone here had ordered the one without the parts that was labeled "Diamond Force". I brought this concern up many times, but could not get an answer. When it was time to make the decision I said screw it and ordered the one with the SP's I ordered 2 individual sets of the Super Parts so when I will have them when the "Diamond Force" labeled one gets back in stock, I can order one of those to compare. If the one I got is like the CF design shown in white, I think I will just order 2x of the "Diamond Force" version. sigh.....

I just recieved my armor. They don't have a ton of features, but what the hell, I'm a near completess, and would've got it anyway. It does look good though.

I can't wait for my bundled set to get here.

Edited by Golden Arms

I bought both, since I have the 1st release vf-17 and wanted to add armor to it. The armor only piece doesn't come with a sticker sheet for those that are curious.

I think Kicker meant the combo set, instead of the valk by itself that is labeled "Diamond Force". I just want to know if the releases are light blue vs white, while my packages sit in Frisco.

Edited by Loop

I think Kicker meant the combo set, instead of the valk by itself that is labeled "Diamond Force". I just want to know if the releases are light blue vs white, while my packages sit in Frisco.

I don't know. I ordered the combo set as well, and won't recieve it until HLJ resumes shipping after the 7th. I forgot that they were selling the valk as a standalone piece.

The sad thing is I tried to change my order with Amiami but they gave me crap for it. I would have actually spent more buying them the other way as separates sigh. I am glad the thing shipped though, as it's the last pre order I had open with Amiami. I am done using them unless it's a desperate measure situation.

I received my VF-17D with FPs today, along with my VF-4 from HLJ. I wasn't expecting it til Thursday, so it was a nice end of year surprise.

My 17 was nice and tight out of the box, almost too much so. I normally eschew instructions, but I was afraid I was going to snap something, so I referred. Anyway, I've transformed it to battroid and back without issue. The left side upper FP didn't want to snap on, but a little patience and persistence go a long way. So far, I'm impressed with this figure. It's big, it's solid, it looks great, and the poseability is impressive for a toy this size. No regrets.

I received my VF-17D with FPs today, along with my VF-4 from HLJ. I wasn't expecting it til Thursday, so it was a nice end of year surprise.

My 17 was nice and tight out of the box, almost too much so. I normally eschew instructions, but I was afraid I was going to snap something, so I referred. Anyway, I've transformed it to battroid and back without issue. The left side upper FP didn't want to snap on, but a little patience and persistence go a long way. So far, I'm impressed with this figure. It's big, it's solid, it looks great, and the poseability is impressive for a toy this size. No regrets.

What color are the stripes?

Nice review!

...weird thing though...Youtube videos never seem to play correctly on these forums. I get sound but just a white screen from the embedded Youtube vid. I always have to right click and copy URL to get it to work.

Thanks for clarifying! Now we only have to see if the standalone VF17 has blue stripes or white/light blue like the bundled one

What I am trying to figure out is... If the releases have different color stripes. Can you verify the Combo set has white stripes?

Edited by Loop

What I am trying to figure out is... If the releases have different color stripes. Can you verify the Combo set has white stripes?

I must have misunderstood your words. I thought you had the bundled 17D in hand when you said it had white stripes.

No, sorry, can't verify just yet. My package won't arrive until tomorrow evening.

This is the color of the standalone VF-17D. With flash it looks almost white

I'll patiently wait for the bundled pack to arrive (or for some more pics) before pressing the panic button and screaming that there are indeed TWO different shades of colour on the stand alone and SP VF17D version.