All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

4 hours ago, Dynaman said:

At least on the PC the originals are still available.  I do not like the idea of more "Supa Killa" heroes.  They show up and knock down any normal character ruining a multiplayer match.  For a story mode game they are fine.

Easy solution: give all the players a free Kyle Katarn as the default. Like, folks will still play Darth Vader and whatnot, because zomg so kewl, but we all know who the real OP Star Wars character is.

6 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Do people still play Battlefront? Battlefront 2's population was kinda low when I played it years ago. I spent more time in queue for the space combat matches than in the actual match itself. WTF?

Battlefront 2 Classic or Battlefront 2 (2017)?

On 12/26/2023 at 7:50 AM, Big s said:

If you like cats, then I’d suggest Stray

Funny you mention that; my next door neighbor's girlfriend is a HUGE cat person (I believe they have 6 cats) and she had bought Stray, but couldn't bear to play it b/c she got too emotional every time her cat character died. So, she gave the game to me and I played it through to the end once. Admittedly, I missed a bunch of stuff on my first playthrough and will likely play it again to see if I can beat it more completely. But, the game itself was fun, a little challenging in a few spots, but I enjoyed it.

Edit: I forgot to mention, I played it on the PS4; I don't yet own a PS5, but eventually. I want to play Jedi: Survivor and the new Armored Core. I have Horizon: Forbidden West for PS4, but I'd probably get it for the PS5 for the DLC.

Edited by M'Kyuun

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really enjoying FFVII Rebirth but damn, sometimes it's too much of a good thing. The world is already stupid massive, but it's also filled to the brim with way, way, way too many mini-games. There's mini-games for everything, most are tedious, and several are tied to side story progression and even gatekeep certain items, it's awful. I don't want to play Fort Condor, I don't want to play Queen's Blood, but you're forced to if you want full completion in a number of areas for a number of different things, it sucks. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2024 at 4:34 PM, Tking22 said:

I'm really enjoying FFVII Rebirth but damn, sometimes it's too much of a good thing. The world is already stupid massive, but it's also filled to the brim with way, way, way too many mini-games. There's mini-games for everything, most are tedious, and several are tied to side story progression and even gatekeep certain items, it's awful. I don't want to play Fort Condor, I don't want to play Queen's Blood, but you're forced to if you want full completion in a number of areas for a number of different things, it sucks. 

It seems to be in line with the original game. I never wanted to breed Chocobos in FF7 but somehow I spend way to much time on it. KotR Materia isn’t even that good!

Joking aside, I know that feeling all to well that in order to complete the game for you, you feel the necessity to do all of this filler content even if you know you could do something better with your time.

Reminds me that I'm not a carefree young adult any more that could sink 100s of hours into a video game. -_-

I've recently got back into Gundam battle Operation 2; Joined a clan and finally took it serious. The game can be suprisingly fun to be honest, when you dedicate the time to learn its insane control scheme and combat rules. Not many Mobile Suit games that emphasize teamwork so I enjoy that aspect a lot. Been playing the PlayStation version so I cannot attest to the quality of the PC version.

If anyone here plays as well, (I couldn't bring myself to search TOO hard through this huge thread, lol) Hit me up. I usually do 1v1 brawls first to just chill and get to know people and any fellow n00bs are welcome! In game I usually make brawl rooms with names like "Training w/ Juni" or "Tacoma N00b boi"

14 hours ago, Old_Nash_II said:

Garou: City of the Wolves

Garou was always one of my favorite fighting games so seeing this brings a swell of nostalgia back to me. Kind of neutral on the voice cast, as long as its a functional game I don't worry about voice casts too much these days. (Heck, old school fighting games didn't do this much, and a big memory of my childhood involved me tryna understand attack names and vocals!)

Just now, Chronocidal said:

Really glad I have the original releases of classic Battlefront, since it looks like this re-release found all sorts of new and creative ways to downgrade a full release into a beta test-level product. :lol: 

Ya I've seen so many articles about them bombing the re-release lol. Sad to be sure. I mean I am sure they'll still make money but fans do deserve quality products...If you don't wanna chase 'em off ofc!

On 2/22/2024 at 6:44 AM, Old_Nash_II said:

MK 1 - Peacemaker gameplay

John Cena really enjoys this role and it soo shows. Really wish more actors like him and Reynolds would come out of the woodwork to give us solid Comic book adaptations made with love; it really shines and makes fans feel more respected instead of insulted like the movies used to do in the 2000s; acting all embarrassed of the cheesy energy that comes packaged with the serious content.

That being said, MK1 itself has been....An interesting experience for me. I got back into the franchise about 5 years ago and I don't know how to feel about how the current game handles the story content and combat mechanics.

And this is coming from a Guilty Gear fan who is used to chaotic worldbuilding and crazyquilt-flavored combat haxx

Wasn’t sure if these were legit since it’s getting close to April 1st. But here’s some supposed pics of Bandai’s armored core kitsIMG_2499.jpeg.ee3be7e4a3397ff02aa25cd8b30aafb3.jpegIMG_2497.jpeg.aa08b56e38fd87f718fcf5a5e034c5e6.jpegIMG_2498.jpeg.f00070d23b646c982ce02280b3bc0bcf.jpegnot sure if there’s a section yet specifically for armored core stuff 

Seems these are legit and a part of the thirty minutes missions line and will have custom add on parts sold separately 

Edited by Big s

Glad Bandai is keeping with Kotobukiya's "ACs are highly-customizable" design ethos.

I still think it is funny that Kotobukiya is reissuing their old AC1-5 kits at the same time Bandai's putting out new AC6 kits.

1 hour ago, JB0 said:

Glad Bandai is keeping with Kotobukiya's "ACs are highly-customizable" design ethos.

I still think it is funny that Kotobukiya is reissuing their old AC1-5 kits at the same time Bandai's putting out new AC6 kits.

I always felt like the Kotobukiya kits were a bit overly complicated. Lots of little parts with tons of seams in awkward spots. Like a joint piece that had a seam that had to be covered by more parts with more seams that had another layer that had more seams with a little greebly thing that attached and also had seams

Man, watching clips of gameplay kept me up till 2am last night!  Makings of a classic game maybe...

If i was younger i would probably be sucked into gaming again...

or maybe when i am older...🤣🤣

YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING...6HRS of gaming at that age??

Edited by seti88

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

Yup. Watch his BF2042 sniping clips. That grandpa really understand the bullet drop mechanics in that game.

3 minutes ago, azrael said:

Yup. Watch his BF2042 sniping clips. That grandpa really understand the bullet drop mechanics in that game.

Owned by gramps!  Some of his shots were so far away that i do wonder if its rigged at times...nah....🤣🤣🤣

23 hours ago, Big s said:

I always felt like the Kotobukiya kits were a bit overly complicated. Lots of little parts with tons of seams in awkward spots. Like a joint piece that had a seam that had to be covered by more parts with more seams that had another layer that had more seams with a little greebly thing that attached and also had seams

My understanding, as someone who has none, is that you are totally correct.

I guess we'll find out, I ordered a Nineball.

6 hours ago, seti88 said:

Have you played WORLD OF WARSHIPS? LOL. It's full of seniors older than this guy. The theme of WOWS is WWI and WWII warships (battleships, cruisers, etc) so obviously it attracts an older audience.

2 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Have you played WORLD OF WARSHIPS? LOL. It's full of seniors older than this guy. The theme of WOWS is WWI and WWII warships (battleships, cruisers, etc) so obviously it attracts an older audience.

I used to play WoT since the slower pace doesn't make me seasick the way FPS games mostly do these days (same goes for WoW).  That was not the case 20 years ago.  ARMA 3 also works due to the pacing being more realistic then the average FPS but it is nearly impossible to find a game for that if not part of a clan of some sort.

This game also appears to have a slower pace, I may have to give it a try.

Edit - so the older guy may be good at this game due to the pacing being easier on our older people's motion sickness issues.

Edited by Dynaman

9 hours ago, JB0 said:

My understanding, as someone who has none, is that you are totally correct.

I guess we'll find out, I ordered a Nineball.

It’s a bigger, but simpler design than the first few kits. Hope you post the pics. Would love to see it in the workbench section 

21 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

my comment was more on the hours he gamed in a stretch at his age...WOT(anks) was my drug the last decade and i had to stop usually after a 2 hr session. 🤣 

The old geezer is way older than me squeezing in a marathon 6 hr..maybe he is getting away from his wife's erm...talking...(older women tend eh *talk* more)

just based on my observation..😆🤪

18 hours ago, Dynaman said:

I used to play WoT since the slower pace doesn't make me seasick the way FPS games mostly do these days (same goes for WoW).  That was not the case 20 years ago.  ARMA 3 also works due to the pacing being more realistic then the average FPS but it is nearly impossible to find a game for that if not part of a clan of some sort.

This game also appears to have a slower pace, I may have to give it a try.

Edit - so the older guy may be good at this game due to the pacing being easier on our older people's motion sickness issues.

I loved WOT because it can be slow paced, fast paced, tactics etc etc...and boy when you are in the zone the top kills can be so satisfying...esp if you help you are the lone tank standing and win the game but killing everyone haunting you 8)😂

But this helldiver2 game...no way is it slower paced from the many video's i have seen...crazy hordes of bugs after you if the team doesnt work together ...

Plus the cinematics...could be passed off as an blockbuster action movie even... 

By slow paced I mean not full of herky jerky movement and camera sweeps.  WoT can get hectic but I never got motion sickness from the view.  ARMA 3 does not have bunny hopping and running around corners and instantly getting accurate shots off - Helldivers looks to be the same way even when things get hectic.

I'm still trying to churn through FFVII Rebirth, not gonna lie, it's a slog lol.

Think of a modern Ubisoft game, but with a pretty, expensive FFVII skin on it, it's that. For every moment that I find charming and fun, for every great scene and character interaction, there's about a half dozen half-baked, half-assed mini-games that you've gotta do. It's too much of a good thing, but honestly, it's not even always a good thing, these mini-games are tedious, obtrusive, and overall, just uninteresting. The game is padded to the gills, there's so many mini-games and little nonsense games that just eat up time, the open world is already filled with massive check lists of things to do, but on top of that there's just crappy little mini-games everywhere, it's really rough, and totally ruins the pacing. Worst of all many of them are necessary for side story and objective progression, and in several cases, main story progression, it's a huge bummer.

I gotta say, as someone that grew up with FFVII when it first dropped in the US, and loves the original game and now all this extended stuff, this is a 7/10 at best for me, and that's being quite generous, I really just want to wrap the game up, I'm at 76 hours and I'm barely in Cosmo Canyon, I'm ready to be done and move on. The charm lasted about 20 solid hours, then I was in it for the story, which kind of sucks lol, and then I was in it for the characters, now I just wanna be done, it's overstayed it's welcome, I wanna move onto Cyberpunk DLC.