All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

I think I'm more excited for Destiny at this point.

I think Sony's betting on that. That would explain why they're advertising the crap out of Destiny plus the PS4's social features when the game doesn't come out for a good six months.

I think Sony's betting on that. That would explain why they're advertising the crap out of Destiny plus the PS4's social features when the game doesn't come out for a good six months.

I'm getting it for XB1 though :p

Edited by anime52k8

Titanfall is fun in short bursts, I literally don't play any competitive FPS games besides some CS:GO from time to time, so I'm not burnt out on the genre, I just can't kill people match after match for very long. I've been destroying some Dark Souls 2, honestly, since the next-gen consoles came out I've gotten more enjoyment out of my 360 then anything else, between South Park and Dark Souls the old consoles got some decent love in March.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i just picked up the FF X/X-2 remaster limited w/ art book at walmart on the way home from work. i was bored since the site was down for a day. anyone get it?

Guest davidwhangchoi

Did, but it's a preorder, so it's shipping now. I'm mostly looking forward to the soundtrack (which I'm disappointed 13-3 didn't come with).

oh i think you got the collector's edition (the ultimate version for 79.99 w/ the soundtrack) i just got the limited edition for 39.99 that just comes with a little 24 page art book.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Slightly off-topic, but I finally found the reason for the "crackling noise" in the dialogue in certain PS3 games. Apparently, it's an HDMI software issue that Sony either couldn't, or was too lazy to fix. After browsing several forums and thousands of posts, it seems that Sony's only recommended solution was to switch to digital optical output.

But that only led to another set of problems.

The PS3 doesn't seem to output full 5.1 surround sound through digital optical. By default, it only processes 2 channel linear PCM, but you can select bitstream (direct or mix) in order to get a nominal semblance of 5.1 surround sound. You'll hear some background music in the rear speakers, but it doesn't do "real time surround", as in hearing an NPC talking through the rear speakers if you turn your character's back to him.

And not only that, the damn console had me running in circles trying to set up digital optical output in the first place! For some stupid reason, the moment you switch to digital optical, multi-source is turned off, effectively muting the sound. You have to manually turn it back on.

Just putting this here in case someone else has a similar problem.

Bought Titanfall for PC, and had a lot of fun the first couple days. "Mash X to eject" is getting a liiiiittttlllllee old right about now though. I hoped that the Stryder and Ogre would change things up, but they really don't. I semi-wish that there was a pilots only game mode, or each class of Titan got its own equipment set.

To be fair, Titanfall feels like a good trial run for the inevitable Titanfall 2...

A big discussion took place among everyone I gaame with about picking up Titanfall for the PC. Seemed like almost all of us were on board, and then none of us ended up doing it. I feel like 6 months from now most people will kinda chuckle at all the past talk of Titanfall being the most anticipated game of 2014.

A big discussion took place among everyone I gaame with about picking up Titanfall for the PC. Seemed like almost all of us were on board, and then none of us ended up doing it. I feel like 6 months from now most people will kinda chuckle at all the past talk of Titanfall being the most anticipated game of 2014.

Pretty much.

Man, this game turned me into a hipster, because I was disinterested in Titanfall before it was cool...

Guest davidwhangchoi

I just bought the regular edition of FF-X/X2 HD. My only real complaint with the new version is the remixed soundtrack.

i forgot the original soundtrack so i can't tell the remixed apart.

i started playing last night and said wow, this game has really aged well. i really enjoyed it. they put in a lot of effort in the remastering of the textures. i forgot most of the story (except i remember Sin's origin) so it's pretty enjoying i'm actually trying to learn blitzball this time. (on the ps2 i lost every match just button mashing)

i forgot the original soundtrack so i can't tell the remixed apart.

i started playing last night and said wow, this game has really aged well. i really enjoyed it. they put in a lot of effort in the remastering of the textures. i forgot most of the story (except i remember Sin's origin) so it's pretty enjoying i'm actually trying to learn blitzball this time. (on the ps2 i lost every match just button mashing)

I've had the original soundtrack for X ever since the game was released, so I know the soundtrack practically by heart, which is why I noticed the difference right from the start.

I spent something like 100+ hours on blitzball my first run through and will probably spend the same amount of time this playthrough as well. I'll probably level my characters to max like I did last time, too. What can I say, I find this game to be very addicting!

Guest davidwhangchoi

Target Earth was extremely hard. i had to do invincibility to beat it. no way could i handle all those endless waves of assault suits. but will it come stateside?

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

cool! ps plus members will get

Batman Arkham City

Stealth Inc. A Clone in the Dark
Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse

for free!!

and mercenary kings for ps4 for free in april

vita

Velocity Ultra
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Amy Hennig Joins Visceral Games as the Creative Director of their Star Wars Titles

The long time Naughty Dog employee who was the creative director and writer of the Uncharted series will now be the creative director of EAs future Star Wars titles.

Can't wait to parkour around one of the Death Star's many bottomless pits.

Guest davidwhangchoi

anyone waiting for watchdogs?

pc requirements:

For Watch Dogs' minimum specs, players will require a DirectX 11 GPU with at least 1GB of VRAM, along with a quad core CPU and at least 4GB of RAM. Example GPUs include NVidia GTX 460 or AMD Radeon HD 5770, and an Intel Core2 Quad Q8400 or AMD Phenom II X4 940.

Users aiming to reach the game's recommended specifications will require a DirectX 11 card with at least 2GB of VRAM, an eight core CPU and 8GB of RAM. Steam's example GPUs include NVidia GTX560 ti or AMD Radeon HD 7850 and for CPUs the Intel Core i7-3770 or AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core CPU.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/4/5/5584404/pc-requirements-for-watch-dogs-confirmed

Guest davidwhangchoi

New vita slim is due May 6th for 199 bundled with borderlands 2 comes with 1gb internal memory 8gb stick and lcd screen for increased battery life.

downside is not as good screen as oled. but from my experience the oled screen on the vita begins to have green/black splotches over the screen especially when on dark screens. the reason i sold mine off.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/08/borderlands-2-ps-vita-bundle-coming-may-6th/

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Looks like its going for the insanity of silent hill games with a RE4 style shooting system, neat! I'd love to see Mikami start another successful horror franchise since RE is dead (heh).

I picked up a copy of Resident Evil Revelations for 360 a few weeks back, I haven't even opened it. I really want to, I've heard good things, anyone have experience with Revelations, is it closer to the survival horror games of the series or is it more akin to RE5 and 6?