The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

8 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

Lego Bee on it's way.

image.png.583a5cfb2e2b51b44558b6af945930dd.png

I wouldn't doubt it. Brick Clicker is a reliable source for upcoming sets. Moreover, OP was done pretty well within the limitations of a retail LEGO set. That he can even transform is an amazing feature as Hasbro seldom allows other licensees to make their TF products transformable, keeping the salient feature to themselves. G1 Bee makes sense as LEGO has had dealings with Volkswagen for years, the simplicity of the G1 toy works well, as it did for OP, and Bee remains one of the most popular characters. It's pretty much a no-brainer from LEGO's POV. Too, Joe Kyde, former Hasbro TF designer and now LEGO designer, who designed LEGO OP will likely work on this Bee set as well. Kinda cool to have a designer with one foot in each world.

They really missed an oportunity with this Hound release.  While I think reissuing the other figures is a nice touch for those who missed out initially or just want to update to the sturdier figures is great, they really missed a chance with this one after the leaks of Devestator dropped.  Why not package him with a big non-transforming Bot that made Devestator leak all over himself; finally giving us one of Hound's holograms.  Rant over; bring on the Combiners!

3 hours ago, Wolf-1 said:

They really missed an oportunity with this Hound release.  While I think reissuing the other figures is a nice touch for those who missed out initially or just want to update to the sturdier figures is great, they really missed a chance with this one after the leaks of Devestator dropped.  Why not package him with a big non-t I have no issue with an EArtyh Jeep mode Hpund being part pfransforming Bot that made Devestator leak all over himself; finally giving us one of Hound's holograms.  Rant over; bring on the Combiners!

I'm also onboard with rereleasing figs, especially those that were once exclusives or just hard to find. Additionally, I have no issue with Earth jeep mode Hound being a part of this multipack; it's the fact that he didn't receive a regular Legacy or SS86 release that rankles. I figure he'll get an eventual release, although it may be a year or so down the road, at which point there may be an even better mold out. 

Edited by M'Kyuun

I just painted detritis and calling it a day.  ya the paint chipped transforming it,  I'll touch it up when I get a star on right side with maybe some more details and never transform again.  The mold is kinda meh anyway. 

image.jpeg.ab029aee59635b5304927b221daa14f9.jpeg

13 hours ago, M'Kyuun said:

Joe Kyde, former Hasbro TF designer and now LEGO designer, who designed LEGO OP will likely work on this Bee set as well. Kinda cool to have a designer with one foot in each world.

This I didn't know. Very interesting, and perhaps his involving explains Lego recent years broadening at more mechs and futuristic vehicles across it's themes. 

7 hours ago, Negotiator said:

I just painted detritis and calling it a day.  ya the paint chipped transforming it,  I'll touch it up when I get a star on right side with maybe some more details and never transform again.  The mold is kinda meh anyway. 

image.jpeg.ab029aee59635b5304927b221daa14f9.jpeg

Wow, exceptional paint job, so crisp! Agree with you about the mold- it works, but I still prefer the look and transformation of Classics Hound over this version. I didn't buy Detritis, but if its tolerances are similar to the Siege version, untabbing the legs from the hood of the jeep mode requires the use of a prying tool (I use a LEGO brick separator). That tolerance is way too tight.

3 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

This I didn't know. Very interesting, and perhaps his involving explains Lego recent years broadening at more mechs and futuristic vehicles across it's themes. 

Happy to pass on the info. Beyond Optimus, I'm not sure what models Joe has been involved with, but he certainly has the acumen to bring some creativity to whatever projects he works on.

Hasbro announced there will be streams every Thursday this month (11:00am ET) celebrating 40 years of Transformers.  One will likely be an update on Haslab Omega Prime, but I'm expecting reveals for the next wave of both Legacy United and Studio Series, as they're both due for release by next month (and indeed, some of the Studio Series figures have been spotted in the wild already).  I'm wondering if they'll even bother with preorders or just start taking orders for shipping now.

Legacy United Voyager-class Cybertron Starscream.

ImageofUnitedCybertronUniverseStarscreamPackagingforLegacyVoyager(16)__scaled_600.jpg.ad3df47b67d65185ccf469b788944384.jpg

There are leaks out there for the Core-class Bumblebee Starscream and Beast Machines Cheetor, too.  And with Dinobot and Sureshot moved to a wave 5, I do believe we've now seen all of Legacy United Wave 2, and we're just waiting to see Swoop from Studio Series.

Meanwhile, the Walmart-exclusive Star Seekers are now the Star Raiders, because seeking stuff doesn't seem as piratey as raiding stuff.  Cannonball turns out to be a retool of Skids/Crankcase, and I was right about Ferak, Filch, and Lockdown.  However, just like we got preorders for some of Amazon's Mayhem Attack Squad packs but the one with Bludgeon and Ruckus is still MIA, I don't have any leaks for the Star Seekers version of Thundertron or Roadpig.

StarRaidersCannonballWalmartExclusiveTransformersCapsuleFigure(1)__scaled_600.jpg.7d366be307b3fb391a68c2480fd0f62f.jpg

StarRaidersFerakWalmartExclusiveTransformersCapsuleFigure(1)__scaled_600.jpg.b7182ec9388a417b1f8d828415d9cf75.jpg

StarRaidersFilchWalmartExclusiveTransformersCapsuleFigure(1)__scaled_600.jpg.0a79fcc18dbc2cdb168c8c1268020327.jpg

StarRaidersLockdownWalmartExclusiveTransformersCapsuleFigure(1)__scaled_600.jpg.508916ef54730f2110da5b6066807479.jpg

2 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

Meanwhile, the Walmart-exclusive Star Seekers are now the Star Raiders,

Two thoughts:

1. They probably want to avoid using "seekers" on anything other than Starscream and his repaints, given how the word has become very closely associated with that concept.

2. Doesn't Atari(or current skinwearer thereof) have an active trademark for Star Raiders?

1 hour ago, JB0 said:

2. Doesn't Atari(or current skinwearer thereof) have an active trademark for Star Raiders?

Maybe?  I don't know that they've done anything with it since 2011.  But trademarks are one of those things, y'know?  Like Hasbro would sue you to pieces if you made a transforming robot and tried to name it Optimus, but Art Lebedev could make a keyboard called Optimus because the public was very unlikely to confuse a computer peripheral with a toy robot.  I don't think a 45 year old Atari computer game (no matter how influential on the genre) or a mediocre (if I'm being charitable) re-imagining that's still over a decade old will have much bearing on what Hasbro calls a Walmart-exclusive sub-brand of Transformers.

For all the stuff I've known about, somehow I missed an 86 Blaster... who already sold out on Pulse. It's actually a Target-exclusive, and still available to preorder on Target's website.

Personally, I like the subtle differences in the reds and grays, and I like that they ditched the random black details. I like that Eject is solid instead of transparent. I think if I see it at my local Target I might upgrade from Kingdom/Legacy Blaster. But the differences are ultimately minor enough that I'm not preordering this one.

3 hours ago, sh9000 said:

6400DD35-6604-4425-B8DC-12205ED400BE.png.e25d266582f692958de596029a830619.png

379DEB1E-2DD4-4D03-900E-E400B600DD3E.png.9273ce368571107296a66c0b51f5228c.png

FA5B371B-B8E4-4AF4-977B-5CE5CD4CC016.png.fda3e5919e790a3b7a311f33657f7630.png

GI Joe Classified and Marvel Legends are back to window packaging.  I wish they did the same for Transformers.

I hope they do too. I absolutely hate the windowless boxes. Most of the TF’s at my local stores have the heads missing.

Had they included both Rewind and Eject in solid colors, I would have bitten, a third time on Blaster.  As is, I'll wait for either the Core Class or Gen Selects Combo; or simply do without.

Did anyone else catch the stream today?  I wanted to bring it up earlier, but I'm under the weather and wound up sleeping most of the afternoon.

Anyway, if you missed it, you didn't miss much.  A good portion of the stream was dedicated to 40th anniversary merchandise (that is, non-transforming stuff).  The only new toys they showed off was 86 Blaster, who was sold out on Pulse before the stream even started, and the Mayhem Attack Squad stuff that was up for preorder on Amazon like a week ago.  Really, I think the biggest news of the entire stream was that, now that Omega Prime is funded, they figured out a way to give Blue Bolts his missing barrels.*

*For those that haven't followed, the original Magnus' gun came with a pair of firing missiles.  Those missiles were animated as gun barrels in the cartoon.  The design team originally left them off the Haslab version, because (1) no firing missile gimmick, and (2) they'd end up on his feet in robot mode.  The new design is 5mm port into Blue Bolts with 3mm tips for blast effects, and tab-shaped fins that will allow them to be stored on Blue Bolts' back in bot mode.

Just cancelled my preorder for Blaster at Hasbro Pulse and went with Target instead.  5% off and I can always adjust the price if it goes on sale there.

On 3/7/2024 at 9:44 AM, mark-1s said:

I hope they do too. I absolutely hate the windowless boxes. Most of the TF’s at my local stores have the heads missing.

Really wish this had been the original release, as the plastic color choices and paint apps are better all-around and Eject looks so much better in opaque plastics. Eject is IMHO the best of the cassette bots in this scale- full basic articulation and they even managed to use 5mm peg holes to simulate his cassette reels. All he's missing are his G1 toy's weapons, and as big as Blaster is, it's a shame they didn't just utilize the hollow areas in his legs to store them. I don't plan on POing him, but if I happen to run across him at Target, I'll probably grab a copy.

Had some time to fiddle with my Super7 Ultimates Tarn and I am puzzled for whom this line is for.

Everything of the figure us bad (paint, sculpt, articulation, sculpt, handling, materials, joint friction) and with $55 it is relatively expensive. Only the accessories are plentiful.

I could see that if you are a fan of a design that never gets any toys (like Banzaitron) but maybe I wouldn’t even buy it then. And Tarn got plenty of toys from official to high end variants.

Im utterly baffled how this is a thing. Maybe it is some kind of Transformers sub fandom or a variant of the Jumbo Machinder fandom but at a smaller scale?

1 hour ago, Scyla said:

Had some time to fiddle with my Super7 Ultimates Tarn and I am puzzled for whom this line is for.

Everything of the figure us bad (paint, sculpt, articulation, sculpt, handling, materials, joint friction) and with $55 it is relatively expensive. Only the accessories are plentiful.

I could see that if you are a fan of a design that never gets any toys (like Banzaitron) but maybe I wouldn’t even buy it then. And Tarn got plenty of toys from official to high end variants.

Im utterly baffled how this is a thing. Maybe it is some kind of Transformers sub fandom or a variant of the Jumbo Machinder fandom but at a smaller scale?

Forget Transformers, I don't get Super7’s audience, period. It's like they make your for people who aren't just nostalgic for the IP, but also nostalgic for when toys had bad sculpts, bad paint, and bad articulation. The only toy I bought from them was the Unicron they did based on the G1 prototype toy, and I didn't even open it. I just bought a hook and hung it up on display.

5 hours ago, Scyla said:

I tend to throw this sort of product in the same bin as those weird multi-colored "prototype" Star Wars figures... ducking fugly, and really only good for completionists to throw on a shelf.

Darn, I shouldn't have spent so much time cropping and re-editing the promo pics.

So yeah... kind of weird that they're using the Legacy Laser Optimus figure instead of the Volvo one.  Maybe because, unlike Walmart or Amazon, Target doesn't own trucks, only trailers, so they don't care to get a license from Volvo.  Thing is, Legacy Op's sword and gun are part of his trailer, and Target Op uses the Earthrise trailer instead (decoed like an actual Target trailer).  And unlike the Volvo Op, they didn't bother to include the Earthrise gun, leaving Optimus with just Bullseye and the trailer drone for "weapons."  More than a gun, that box art has me wanting a red ball (like they have in front of the store) for Prime to throw for Bullseye.

All-in-all, it's a very niche sort of Optimus, but in my house we visit Target probably once a week as it's our preferred store for non-grocery stuff, so it might just be my sort of niche.

Side note, for as many uses as they wound up getting out of this mold it's really a shame that they used the crappy Siege legs on Laser Op.  And I'm extra peeved that if I do buy Target Op it's my fourth time with the mold and I still don't have a cartoon-accurate Scourge.

While one could argue that the cassette bot inclusion justified the lack of weapons as a cost-cutting measure, I can't help but think it was a politically correct decision made by someone at Target. Even if Leadfoot or Redwing had weapons, maybe Target felt the atmosphere had changed...or someone at Target did...and that having a Target branded character with weapons was a bad idea now.

Man. If I could buy JUST Autobot Bullseye, I totally would. But the Optimus and trailer are a remarkably barren deco.

Though Prime throwing the Target balls for Robullseye is some adorable boxart.

https://www.target.com/p/transformers-target-optimus-prime-and-autobot-bullseye-action-figure-set-2pk-target-exclusive/-/A-89230384

I might get Target Optimus since I go to Target often.  I was thinking a small Nerf ball would have been easy to include but they're textured.  A jacks ball would be the easiest to acquire.

Blaster was available to preorder again earlier at Target and Hasbro Pulse.

Edited by sh9000

Posted (edited)

Target Prime is up.

https://www.target.com/p/transformers-target-optimus-prime-and-autobot-bullseye-action-figure-set---2pk--target-exclusive-/-/A-89230384

Pulse also has the first four of Walmart's Star Riders, but Filch has already sold out.

EDIT: Gotta love the fan stream on Pulse that's for toys that why up for preorder an hour before the stream.😒 

At least they confirmed next week is Legacy United Wave 2- even though that's all been leaked it'll be nice to get preorders in. And in two weeks they'll be showing BMac's favorite figure of the year. 86 Swoop? 86 Commander Optimus? 

Edited by mikeszekely

13 hours ago, Radioguy said:

While one could argue that the cassette bot inclusion justified the lack of weapons as a cost-cutting measure, I can't help but think it was a politically correct decision made by someone at Target. Even if Leadfoot or Redwing had weapons, maybe Target felt the atmosphere had changed...or someone at Target did...and that having a Target branded character with weapons was a bad idea now.

Someone on TFW confirmed this was the reason they were skipped. It was Target.

9 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

Target Prime is up.

https://www.target.com/p/transformers-target-optimus-prime-and-autobot-bullseye-action-figure-set---2pk--target-exclusive-/-/A-89230384

Pulse also has the first four of Walmart's Star Riders, but Filch has already sold out.

EDIT: Gotta love the fan stream on Pulse that's for toys that why up for preorder an hour before the stream.😒 

At least they confirmed next week is Legacy United Wave 2- even though that's all been leaked it'll be nice to get preorders in. And in two weeks they'll be showing BMac's favorite figure of the year. 86 Swoop? 86 Commander Optimus? 

Unfortunately, between my mother-in-law and myself, I'm going to be at appointments right when these streams are happening every Thursday this month. I definitely want to be there, if not for the fan streams, then for the POs on Pulse, most especially for Swoop and the commander OP. Gotta make that membership fee pay for itself!

I'm excited to finally finish off the Dinobot team, and as excellent as I think ER prime is, I'm intrigued to see how this commander class fig turns out. If they go too toon slavish, though, it's not going to fit with the rest of Generations/SS86, so I hope the bot mode has some nice surface detail, as well as judicial use of mechanical details.

49 minutes ago, Dangard Ace said:

HasLab God Fire Convoy has ended and currently 28,000+.  We'll see what the final numbers are in the next 48hrs if there's any international dumps left.

If I'm not mistaken, Victory Saber and Deathsaurus both ended around 27,000, making Omega Prone the most-successful Transformers Haslab so far.