The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

1 hour ago, Tking22 said:

Definitely in for the Turtles collab, easy pass on whatever that new overpriced Takara MP is.

Yeah, the only way for a single toy to more accurately encapsulate my childhood would be if Party Wallop came with an NES accessory.

As for MP Ginrai... it's kind of a wait and see thing.  I don't really mind them not including Godbomber, but it irks me that he doesn't come with the trailer (just like it irked me when KFC announced they were doing it that way... at least Takara isn't starting with the trailer first).  I'd also have preferred if they did the blue-eyed cartoon deco first.

Breathing a huge sigh of relief that nothing I was interested in was shown/ for sale today as I was out on an obligation until 1:30 PST and I would have missed the POs on Pulse. I only caught about 8 minutes of the stream, and the coins and music stuff were pretty yawn-worthy.

For those wishing for a TMNT crossover, hopefully this scratches the itch. From an objective POV, the bot is a little kibbly, but I get that they're trying to represent samurai-style armor with the vehicle bits. The approach is interesting, including the heads and weapons for all four Turtles, especially if you're only buying one copy. Buying four copies will set you back, but if you're a die-hard TMNT fan, perhaps it's worth it to you.

For my money, if I were interested in TMNT, I'd be more inclined to go with 52Toys Turtles, which simply convert into cubes but have cleaner, more accurate Turtle forms, with Donnie and Leo and Raph and Mikey able to connect in cube modes to form the Party Wagon. Different tactic, similar result, although Party Wallop's Party Wagon is much better looking.

Hopefully, SS86 Swoop and perhaps Windcharger will get leaked soon. Getting ever closer to having a complete First Season roster of really good quality figs. 

I passed on him when he was a Target exclusive, and I'll likely pass on him now, but I have to say Ecto 1 is definitely one of the best realized crossover figs- just really well done in both modes.

On 7/23/2019 at 9:53 PM, anime52k8 said:

The party wagon, bat-mobile and General Lee will 100% never happen.

Never say never, eh?  (Well, the General Lee still seems pretty unlikely).

Anyway, thought I'd leave a link to my original Ectotron review in case anyone wants to read up on it before deciding on whether or not to get the reissue.

31 minutes ago, mikeszekely said:

So... this is still technically a rumor, but I got this from a reliable source...

kitt.png.915a79ce5d724f3b1b060836b665a18a.png

You just made my year if this does get released!

And it's about time.

0D8E401A-4F4A-4407-87E4-396E32ED15DF.jpeg.305fa833d2d83cb8cab9d4930e56ce51.jpeg

Looks like there might be a new Transformers Star Wars Collaborative release too.

Edited by sh9000

My concern is that since the Delorean wasn't licensed, KITT won't quite be a Pontiac, either.   

(though, KITT being a Pontiac is already kinda murky---all Pontiac emblems were removed for filming, and they never say that KITT is anything other than a "Knight 2000" etc---so even if "real life" says it's a Pontiac Firebird---canonically it isn't...)     So there'd be no Pontiac emblems/logos regardless, but "shape alone" is still enough to require a license, as both RiD and the Bayverse proved.   

1 hour ago, David Hingtgen said:

My concern is that since the Delorean wasn't licensed, KITT won't quite be a Pontiac, either.   

(though, KITT being a Pontiac is already kinda murky---all Pontiac emblems were removed for filming, and they never say that KITT is anything other than a "Knight 2000" etc---so even if "real life" says it's a Pontiac Firebird---canonically it isn't...)     So there'd be no Pontiac emblems/logos regardless, but "shape alone" is still enough to require a license, as both RiD and the Bayverse proved.   

Delorean licensing is kind of a mess.  Hasbro licensed the "Time Machine" from Universal, and is pretty accurate to the films aside the total absence of DMC branding.  When John Delorean went bankrupt apparently some holding company wound up with some of DMC's IP, and someone else bought it from the holding company and started Delorean Motor Company of Texas, which was later sued by the Delorean estate.  They settled, but aside from Delorean Motor Company of Texas owning the DMC trademark and both parties agreeing that DMC Texas can make cars and merchandise with the DMC brand I'm not totally clear who actually owes what.  I do know that in 2020 Universal started paying DMC Texas royalties, but DMC Texas is still suing for royalties prior to that, and as of last month that case still isn't settled.

I'm less concerned regarding K.I.T.T.  Hasbro seems to have a good relationship with GMC.

3 minutes ago, Dangard Ace said:

As long as it's the Knight 2000 and not the Knight 3000.  That was a horrible series....

Disagree.

I mean, not with the first part.  I definitely would rather have a toy of the Firebird than the Shelby.  And I acknowledge that nothing will top the original Knight Rider.  But I'm telling you, with a straight face, that I actually loved the 2008 Knight Rider and was disappointed that it only got one season.

17 minutes ago, mikeszekely said:

Disagree.

I mean, not with the first part.  I definitely would rather have a toy of the Firebird than the Shelby.  And I acknowledge that nothing will top the original Knight Rider.  But I'm telling you, with a straight face, that I actually loved the 2008 Knight Rider and was disappointed that it only got one season.

I'm glad someone liked it.  I tried to watch this a few times, never got past 4-5 episodes.  

4 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

Anyway, thought I'd leave a link to my original Ectotron review in case anyone wants to read up on it before deciding on whether or not to get the reissue.

The only way I could see a General Lee being made is if they either remove the Confederate flag entirely or create a facsimile thereof due to its dark history. And both of those options would likely not sit well with die-hard fans, so, yeah, it's a safer bet to avoid it on Hasbro's part. K.I.T.T. OTOH is a total win. The only thing I fear is that they're going to try and make the bot look like the Hoff, 80s hair and all, and TBH, even as a kid, I wasn't too plussed about Michael Knight. The car, however, was awesome.

I'd love an Airwolf crossover, and in keeping with her "Lady" moniker, make her a fembot.

I'll definitely buy a spare KITT to easily convert into season 1 KARR.

It's sad that X-Transbots never released a modified Boost in black with another 3P company making the optional front scanner parts.

AirWolf would be a must-buy, but I fear it's not nearly popular enough.  (even if it is simply the coolest helicopter ever, period)

And KARR would be even better than KITT. (everyone knows the prototypes are always better than the simplified dumbed-down production versions!) (though for me it's gotta be the later two-tone look, with yellow scanner light)

Just now, Negotiator said:

I was more of a Blue Thunder guy , but anyway, back to KITT....$50 for a deluxe???

We don't actually know that it's a Deluxe.  We technically don't even know that it's KITT.  For all we know they're repainting Laser Optimus again as the FLAG mobile unit.

...seriously, it better be KITT, though.

3 minutes ago, mikeszekely said:

We don't actually know that it's a Deluxe.  We technically don't even know that it's KITT.  For all we know they're repainting Laser Optimus again as the FLAG mobile unit.

...seriously, it better be KITT, though.

What if KITT is a pretool for a small Deluxe-class Windcharger, and the Knight Rider set is a KITT and the FLAG mobile unit after all?🤯

8 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

it took them 5 years, but I stand corrected.

2 hours ago, lechuck said:

MPG-09 Super Ginrai
https://news.tfw2005.com/2024/03/29/mpg09-super-ginrai-first-look-507639

image.png.911da4911440dce1622a10c7ee760953.png

So Takara has essentially done a Missing Link but in reverse (anime version gets the trailer this time) and spread it across their two premium lines.

I'm confused but I will wait for the final reveal. These low resolution images are not helping.

If, what the images indicating is correct (hollow thighs, the arms bot folding down in truck mode). I will wait for the Fans Toys one or don’t bother at all.

Again, need some officially product shots first.

20 hours ago, Negotiator said:

I was more of a Blue Thunder guy .

I'm a helo fan in general, so a Blue Thunder Transformer would be awesome; however, it simply doesn't enjoy Airwolf's popularity even though the former was in a theatrical film and a tv show (which simply lacked the depth of Airwolf). As helo designs go, the heavily modified Gazelle still stands as one of the coolest, most unique helicopter designs ever, even if it was only used in a film.

Posted (edited)

Wondercon is today at 6:00pm EDT (3:00pm Pacific). Nothing concrete, but Bmac will be there, and there's some speculation that Swoop could make an appearance.

They are, in fact, showing the Studio Series stuff that they didn't cover in the month of streams.  I'll post pictures when I get them, but aside from Swoop there shouldn't be any surprises.

Nevermind, they're also also announcing (but not showing) United Wave 3.  But if you were reading the leaks I posted awhile back, it's exactly that.

The key thing, my fellow geewunners, is that preorders go live APRIL 4TH at 1:00pm EDT.  (You know, when I have to take my kid to the dentist...)

Edited by mikeszekely

Swoop has been revealed.  

TFW2005 got pics.  

https://news.tfw2005.com/2024/03/30/wondercon-2024-transformers-panel-recap-swoop-507772

— DLX BB Movie Sunstreaker – April 4 PO

— DLX Gamer Sideswipe – April 4 PO

— Voyager BB Movie Shockwave – April 4 PO

— Leader SS86 Dinobot Swoop – April 4 PO

Space Bridge Reveals

— RID Sideburn

— Car Cybertron Hot Shot

— Infernac Nucleous

— Voyager Vector Prime