The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

You have a point in that Devastator is not a popular character for kids today as it's not featured in any cartoon right now and things like that drive most of demand (I would assume). So demand from that camp would be non existent. It's people like us and the few kids/parents that get hooked on the toy by itself. Even then, parents with a $150 budget might think twice between this or a huge LEGO set for example...

The question then is... if this is the case... why did they constrain themselves to $150? I mean, it's a good price, but you could have stayed below $200 and still could have added a bunch of improvements I think.

Like Takara did? just sayin'

And yeah, there are a number of LEGO sets similarly priced that are better values than Hasbro's Devi, IMHO.

Edited by M'Kyuun

Like Takara did? just sayin'

And yeah, there are a number of LEGO sets similarly priced that are better values than Hasbro's Devi, IMHO.

Yeah I know Takara did just that (and the reason I preordered it), I just don't understand why Hasbro felt they couldn't make that one the standard... just manufacture that version. Why have that at all? By looking at TT Dev prices in Japan, it's basically the same price, so it could have even gone for the same $150... so weird

Hopefully the Hound rumors will be confirmed and we'll get some prototype pictures to compare to the 3rd party options. I would love a Sunstreaker and Jazz. I am not really impressed with either of the third party offerings for those characters.

Any ideas why the Decepticons aren't being made? It seems like automobiles are easier, smaller, and less expensive for the consumer, at least compared to the Decepticons already released. Having said that I would love a set of coneheads, Galvatron, Cyclonus, and even Scourge.

Well this is interesting news I suppose, an official Hound is pretty awesome, but I literally one week ago pre-ordered a FanToys Willis/Hound. Like others have said, I can't wait to see some prototype pics, I'll compare to what FanToys is doing then go from there I guess.

Looking forward to unobscured pics of MP Hound. Happy to hear that TT are still producing the G1 characters in light of their MP Beast Wars plans. Some busy designers over there. I hope Shogo Hasui is still involved with the G1 MP designs.

looks like beachcomber with a missile :p

Question... WHERE ARE THE DECEPTICONS???

There aren't that many Decepticons in the first season of Transformers. The third party companies have that all covered so far with the exception of the Constructicons which seem a bit of a risk for now.

I'm really surprised that Takara hasn't tackled a Megatron V2 or Galvatron. The villains seem very unpopular toys in Japan which is a shame because some of my fondest childhood memories involve G1 Decepticons. ^_^

Well this is interesting news I suppose, an official Hound is pretty awesome, but I literally one week ago pre-ordered a FanToys Willis/Hound. Like others have said, I can't wait to see some prototype pics, I'll compare to what FanToys is doing then go from there I guess.

I had my heart set on getting Maketoys' version with it's configurable shoulders, but those plans are definitely on hold now.

Got a hasbro devastator yesterday. It's a fun toy! Devy is awesome. The individual bots are okay but need elbow joints but it really is a toy. Almost sunbow cartoon accurate and scales pretty well to MP size bots. Just need the PE kits and I'll be happy. No need for TTs version imo.

Got a hasbro devastator yesterday. It's a fun toy! Devy is awesome. The individual bots are okay but need elbow joints but it really is a toy. Almost sunbow cartoon accurate and scales pretty well to MP size bots. Just need the PE kits and I'll be happy. No need for TTs version imo.

I'm going to check my local TRU this weekend again for Devy, but if I don't find one I have a preorder at Amazon.

Guest davidwhangchoi

what do you think of the head now that you have it in hand. does it look small compared to the figure as in the pictures? you think a 3P replacement head needs to be made?

Edited by davidwhangchoi

this should make everyone here happy:

Transformers' Combiner Wars: Animated Series Coming to Machinima

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/comic-con-transformers-animated-series-807464

and it's for an older audience

"it's specifically designed for teens and adult fans"

Well... it's a step in the right direction, in the sense that they're making an animated series based on an IDW series and aiming it at older fans. But honestly, the CW crossover event (in Transformers and Windblade) was kind of terrible.

What I really want is an animated series based on More Than Meets the Eye, which I maintain is the greatest Transformers fiction of all time.

Guest davidwhangchoi

It's your lucky day, David (or maybe Davids?). At SDCC it was announced that the Trypticon reissue is getting a US release exclusively through Amazon.

pant pant pant woof! :wub:

where? when? YEEEEEEEAAAAAA B))

Edited by davidwhangchoi

tfw2005 is saying that trypticon is target exclusive is that correct?

http://news.tfw2005.com/2015/07/09/tfw2005-sdcc-2015-hasbro-generations-panel-live-296264

TFormers is saying Trippy's an Amazon exclusive, and the other Platinums (the Coneheads, and the Perceptor/Blaster reissue) are "exclusives to other retailers".

No, I have no idea who's right. All I know is that the Coneheads you ordered at Target are listed as "Target Exclusive," although third-party sellers already have the Coneheads and Perceptor/Blastor up on Amazon. Trippy's nowhere to be seen.

Guest davidwhangchoi

TFormers is saying Trippy's an Amazon exclusive, and the other Platinums (the Coneheads, and the Perceptor/Blaster reissue) are "exclusives to other retailers".

No, I have no idea who's right. All I know is that the Coneheads you ordered at Target are listed as "Target Exclusive," although third-party sellers already have the Coneheads and Perceptor/Blastor up on Amazon. Trippy's nowhere to be seen.

hi Mike, thanks for the alert on trypticon. i appreciate the heads up. regardless of whose carrying him exclusively.

ok, i see on the SDCC slide show, it is a target exclusive. in the link to the tfw2005 SDCC thread there's a photo gallery at the bottom of the page that shows trypticon as a target exclusive in one of the photos.

Guest davidwhangchoi

hi Mike, thanks for the alert on trypticon. i appreciate the heads up. regardless of whose carrying him exclusively.

ok, i see on the SDCC slide show, it is a target exclusive. in the link to the tfw2005 SDCC thread there's a photo gallery at the bottom of the page that shows trypticon as a target exclusive in one of the photos.

Mike, what makes this more confusing is hasbro tweeted out what TFormers posted while SDCC posted target exclusive :wacko:

https://twitter.com/HasbroNews/status/619229532613165056

Mike, what makes this more confusing is hasbro tweeted out what TFormers posted while SDCC posted target exclusive :wacko:

https://twitter.com/HasbroNews/status/619229532613165056

Yeah, they're bent on making it as confusing as possible.

I saw the slide you were talking about, but I was under the impression that Trippy was going to Amazon, the Coneheads were going to Target, and Blaseptor was going exclusively to a third store (probably TRU). And still no sale/preorder pages for Trippy at either.

Combiner Wars Scattershot. No sign of the other Technobots, though. If Hasbro releases the rest and I can make Computron I'll bite, but I didn't care for Silverbolt enough to buy just Scattershot.

Silverbolt works better for Scattershot than I thought he would, but I do hope this is like an early version tossed together for SDCC. The combiner head and chest need some work yet.

what do you think of the head now that you have it in hand. does it look small compared to the figure as in the pictures? you think a 3P replacement head needs to be made?

Head looks fine. Maybe increasing the size by 1-2% but that's not a deal breaker.

post-93-0-77292600-1436570626_thumb.jpg

post-93-0-54559900-1436570648_thumb.jpg

post-93-0-55104400-1436570666_thumb.jpg

Guest davidwhangchoi

Yeah, they're bent on making it as confusing as possible.

I saw the slide you were talking about, but I was under the impression that Trippy was going to Amazon, the Coneheads were going to Target, and Blaseptor was going exclusively to a third store (probably TRU). And still no sale/preorder pages for Trippy at either.

DSC09157.jpg

courtesy of tfw2005

it looks like we have a head scratcher. at least the release date says August so it's not so far away :)

Edited by davidwhangchoi