The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

I think I have to preorder it from HLJ still.... the gabs behind the shins worry me. I hope the deal with them. Also I wonder how his back will look. The arms and chest are too wide/blocky and the stacks on his shoulders are too tall. ^_^

Now that we have clearer pics I start wondering what is wrong with the head.

In my mind UM looks like this

27433828d1398276265-masterpiece-ultra-ma

I usually give Takara a lot of credit when it comes to their face sculpts but if it stays that way they didn't got right on MP-22. Some guys over at TFW2005 did some digibashes and colored him up. The storso is still wrong in my opinion but I think the shoulder stacks look good now.

1,4000 is a lot cheaper than I thought.

I remember BBTS had this guy for 300 bucks when the news first broke.

Silly stuff.

I'm sure this will be a Hasbro release too.

I've never bought from Anime export. I bought from Robot japan when there was a fake scare on tigertrack. Shipping wasn't crazy.. but I'm not big on paying up front or not being able to cancel an order. $80 bucks is insane.

I still think the robot mode isn't a great representation of the show, or the toy so I might cancel.

1a90c270378da9192d4fe077d7bd8d03-d2cy66w

TAK11771.jpg

The forearms just kill it..... the stacks and arms are just too thick to look like the classic UM.

Also the body is boxy vertically, instead of horizontally .. if that makes sense. He's bulking in the wrong way.

The shoulders come down too far as well and hide his bicep area.

Somebody else mentioned the butt flap area that looks pretty weak. Kibble? Seriously?

It just looks like flaps of plastic laying on something else.

It's close, but it looks like a 3rd party or KO almost.

I don't know if this is the influence of the new guy.. but I'm not impressed.

Edited by Gakken85

1,4000 is a lot cheaper than I thought.

I remember BBTS had this guy for 300 bucks when the news first broke.

Silly stuff.

I'm sure this will be a Hasbro release too.

I've never bought from Anime export. I bought from Robot japan when there was a fake scare on tigertrack. Shipping wasn't crazy.. but I'm not big on paying up front or not being able to cancel an order. $80 bucks is insane.

I still think the robot mode isn't a great representation of the show, or the toy so I might cancel.

The forearms just kill it..... the stacks and arms are just too thick to look like the classic UM.

Also the body is boxy vertically, instead of horizontally .. if that makes sense. He's bulking in the wrong way.

The shoulders come down too far as well and hide his bicep area.

Somebody else mentioned the butt flap area that looks pretty weak. Kibble? Seriously?

It just looks like flaps of plastic laying on something else.

It's close, but it looks like a 3rd party or KO almost.

I don't know if this is the influence of the new guy.. but I'm not impressed.

Regarless of all the problem, I'm still getting it, 3rd parties tried but came no where near this and you can't beat the price. The things that does bother me most are the shoulder missiles, the shins need some cover-up, and from looking at the prototype images, the eyes seems to be too small, hopefully the actually toys will look much better.

I'm getting my from NY, I'll order it with some friends to get the S&H down. I don't like HLJ, cause I've always received damaged goods, just my luck I guess.

Edited by Valkyrie2008

He does look beefy. I can live with it, but I also would not complain if they trim it down a bit.

The two things that stand out to me at the moment from those pics are

1. UM's size, Takara says they scaled him accordingly, but I cannot ever remember him that much taller than OP. Mind you, me basing something on a poorly animated kids cartoon is not ideal either.
  2. At the moment it looks like there is no waist joint for sideways twisting.

post-1819-0-73346200-1398454364_thumb.jpg

They had a chance to meet up during the Scramble City OVA where Ultra Magnus was taller.

There's also the reality of the toy needing to have a cab that looks like MP-10 so it can have the same look of the cartoon and the original G1 figure.

While waiting for the YF-30 to get posted on nippon-yasan , I ended up ordering their MP-22. It seem to have to best straight forward pricing out of the bunch and you don't have to pay up front or worry about not knowing your shipping and handling price. Its total will most likely be cheaper than HLJ or A-E.

While waiting for the YF-30 to get posted on nippon-yasan , I ended up ordering their MP-22. It seem to have to best straight forward pricing out of the bunch and you don't have to pay up front or worry about not knowing your shipping and handling price. Its total will most likely be cheaper than HLJ or A-E.

That's what I love about NY, you know how much the S&H is before ordering or preordering. And they always package it nicely, unlike HLJ, I've always received damaged boxes. I only use HLJ if I have no other choice.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Ignored the most recent Macross ordering nonsense and ordered (2) copies of MP-22 from HLJ.

Can't wait to get it in-hand.

-b.

samething :) i did 2x mp-22 from hlj it a few nights ago

samething :) i did 2x mp-22 from hlj it a few nights ago

Great minds and all of that. :D

I really need more display room, I don't have one Transformer (all I have are MP's and (1) Generations Springer) on display. They're all locked away in their packaging in storage.

-b.

Wish I could pull the trigger on this, but the DETOLF is already filled to capacity, and almost every imaginable surface in my display room has been occupied by either HT figs or Valks.

That, and the fact that I've currently got way too much on my plate right now.

Edited by GU-11

My only real grip with the design is the shoulders and elbows. It doesn't appear that he will have that much articulation and will essentially be a large brick, but I'm still picking one up.

I was close to buying Stack, but the official one is selling for less. Also, the extras on MP-22 is a selling point for me. Each one looks to have advantages over the other. MP-22 could still have improvements coming since it's still at the prototype stage.

Now that we have clearer pics I start wondering what is wrong with the head.

In my mind UM looks like this

27433828d1398276265-masterpiece-ultra-ma

I usually give Takara a lot of credit when it comes to their face sculpts but if it stays that way they didn't got right on MP-22. Some guys over at TFW2005 did some digibashes and colored him up. The storso is still wrong in my opinion but I think the shoulder stacks look good now.

I think in the final stage of developement, MP UM's head will look that. The prototype, TakaTom added shadows to hide his eyes (sungless).

Well it still is a good toy. I like mine a lot . I think it's still worth picking up and getting the MP UM later

yeah i'm going to pick up the redeco/diaclone magnus colors one supposedly due out in may. If they don't do a G1 toy blue recolor i'll probably pick up the original deco release at some point as well. Stack's proportions while too lean and tall (and absolutely too tall as well) are MUCH MUCH better than MP-22's. I'm still going to get an MP-22 or 2 but I prefer STack's robot mode unless mp-22 changes.

Edited by Mechapilot77

Citizen Stack looks pretty good in vehicle mode, but bot mode throw me off, also the fact that it has a hollow cab.

The hollow cab isn't a big deal in robot mode. You won't even notice it. I thought it was weird at first but when I got the toy. I liked it a lot. I was also pretty excited about MP-22 but so far I am liking Citizen Stack more based on the recent pictures I am not too impressed. Citizen Stacks feet are a good design and looks better than MP-22 so far

I figured that my main problem with MP-22 is the face. I'll wait for final judgment until I see some colored pictures. Someone over at TFW said that on the high-res images you can see lines on his face that match pretty well with the shades that Magnus suppose to have. So will see.

The hollow cab isn't a big deal in robot mode. You won't even notice it. I thought it was weird at first but when I got the toy. I liked it a lot. I was also pretty excited about MP-22 but so far I am liking Citizen Stack more based on the recent pictures I am not too impressed. Citizen Stacks feet are a good design and looks better than MP-22 so far

So...I just checked out the 3rd party Transformers thread to see Citizen Stack and while I agree that the thinner front profile in robot mode is a little more appealing compared to the slightly thicker MP-22 prototype everything else on Citizen looks a little off (hard to put my finger on why) .

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you like your purchase and I can really see the appeal but from what I've seen I'll gladly stick with the Takara Masterpiece version.

-b.