The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

A teaser from TF: The Rise of Dark Spark

Optimus Prime of 3 Realities

Ok... G1 Optimus is a skin or a character?

seems like the closest we've come to seeing a nice g1 prime in a game but his hands are the wrong color and since when does G1 prime's hand transform to reveal a blaster? Thats borrowing from Transformers Prime (i don't think movie prime ever did it...did WFC/FOC do it?).

seems like the closest we've come to seeing a nice g1 prime in a game but his hands are the wrong color and since when does G1 prime's hand transform to reveal a blaster? Thats borrowing from Transformers Prime (i don't think movie prime ever did it...did WFC/FOC do it?).

AFAIK, that's the same model High Moon used for G1 Prime in Fall of Cybertron. And the whole arms turning into weapons thing was present in both of the previous Cybertron games, too.

Edit: yeah, I think Bayverse Prime does it, too.

Edited by mikeszekely

Are the other recent TF games any good?

I'm asking seriously because I've always ignored them (more of a super-casual gamer so I ignore a LOT of games), but if they were then maybe I'll pick TF: Rise of the Dark Spark to have a Transformer game in the collection.

-b.

The past 2 non-movie TF games (War for Cybertron & Fall of Cybertron) were well-received. They were made by High Moon Studios, but that development team no longer exists. Rise of the Dark Spark is a roll of the dice.

Hmmm...appreciate the feedback, thank you. Then I guess I'll wait and see once the game launches.

-b.

It's only me, or the BBB have a "air" of Rodimus?

I don't know. But that picture doesn't change my opinion that the art style is the love child of Prime and Animated.

Are the other recent TF games any good?

Depends on which one you mean...

The first movie game wasn't. I kind of liked the second movie game, but I appear to be a minority. I own and have beaten the third movie game. I don't remember it too well, but what I do remember is that it played like War for Cybertron, but wasn't nearly as good, was kind of short, and Soundwave's level was a little frustrating.

War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron were both great. They played a little like Gears of War. The first one let you pick from three different characters for each level, and aside from their starting weapons and special abilities it didn't really matter which you picked. FoC actually dictated which character you played as, but each one had different abilities that changed the way you played. For example, playing as Optimus Prime was basic running and gunning, but Cliffjumper's mission was more stealthy.

Transformers Prime which I played on the 3DS, was fair. Pretty good story, all the voice actors from the show, but mediocre gameplay.

I don't know. But that picture doesn't change my opinion that the art style is the love child of Prime and Animated.

Depends on which one you mean...

The first movie game wasn't. I kind of liked the second movie game, but I appear to be a minority. I own and have beaten the third movie game. I don't remember it too well, but what I do remember is that it played like War for Cybertron, but wasn't nearly as good, was kind of short, and Soundwave's level was a little frustrating.

War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron were both great. They played a little like Gears of War. The first one let you pick from three different characters for each level, and aside from their starting weapons and special abilities it didn't really matter which you picked. FoC actually dictated which character you played as, but each one had different abilities that changed the way you played. For example, playing as Optimus Prime was basic running and gunning, but Cliffjumper's mission was more stealthy.

Transformers Prime which I played on the 3DS, was fair. Pretty good story, all the voice actors from the show, but mediocre gameplay.

Sorry, I was asking about War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron - as a rule I assume that most movie adapted games will be...less than satisfactory.

I really enjoyed Gears of War so maybe I will pick those games up if the opportunity presents itself.

Thank you kindly.

-b.

Looks good. Was pretty ambivalent about WJ as a character but he is one of the few G1 Transformers my Mom was able to track down and buy for me when I was a kid (she never did find Optimus Prime - lol). This will definitely be a nostalgia buy more than anything else for me.

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Looks amazing. I wish he and ironhide were still functioning... Hated that he was deactivated in the great war next to arcee dragging windcharger.

Looks amazing. I wish he and ironhide were still functioning... Hated that he was deactivated in the great war next to arcee dragging windcharger.

Ah, Iron Hide - recipient of one of the greatest cartoon deaths of all time.

-b.

Never had WJ as a child, but I do remember a kid of my age playing with one, never knew it was a transformer back then. Now this masterpiece, looks awsome. Got one on preorder with NY and one with robotkingdon, which come with the blue lunch box.

This MP WJ will be perfect with Gigapower Dinobots.

I do hope either TakaTomy or any of the 3rd parties would do a new MP Hot Rod, just Hot Rod, not Rodimus Prime.

WOW!! Wheeljack's deco is perfect. It really DID need the Allitalia on it because its such a well known livery. hoepfully thi smeans an eventual mp jazz can get that martini racing accurate livery too!

That may be more problematic as Martini is an alcohol brand. I think that, should MP Jazz happen, it's more likely to be the stripes and "meister" decals.

Meh. I'm over all the special extras for these things, especially from the third parties. Decals, chrome parts, coins, flame pieces, extra hands. You end up spending more on the extras than the damn toy.

I'll just take what comes with the original and be happy haha. 9 times out of 10 it won't affect the display.

Meh. I'm over all the special extras for these things, especially from the third parties. Decals, chrome parts, coins, flame pieces, extra hands. You end up spending more on the extras than the damn toy.

I'll just take what comes with the original and be happy haha. 9 times out of 10 it won't affect the display.

Just out of curiousity, what is the 1/10 ?