The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

I just got a big hint on what one of the MPs next year will be. Past Ultra Magnus.

Apparently they've already planned out to 25. BBTS doesn't know past 22. haha.

So... Broadblast with Steeljaw as MP-23 and Rewind/Eject/Ramhorn/Slugfest paired up for 24 and 25..? Intriguing.

Edited by Tober

So... Broadblast with Steeljaw as MP-23 and Rewind/Eject/Ramhorn/Slugfest paired up for 24 and 25..? Intriguing.

Probably rewind as the included tape.

Steeljaw would take engineering, where Rewind is already made basically, as rumble.

Gotta pay for the engineering.

They already selling it huh! I went shopping yesterday, didn't see any.

I just picked up Metroplex from Costco for 79.99$
Can't wait to have the MP cars using him as a base.
I was sold on Metroplex when I saw MP prowl in the medical bay
In the Takara ads.

I so hope GALVATRON is coming 2015, fingers cross! :)

Also, I'd like to point out that the claims that the lighter blue is more cartoon accurate is a bit pie in the sky.

Never claimed the cartoon was a lighter blue. What I did claim is that the cartoon is more of a gray-blue, and the Takara MP-10 is more of a purple-blue. Takara's is more G1 toy accurate, but neither is particularly toon accurate. At the end of the day, you're entitled to your opinion, but I don't believe that the purplish Takara blue looks any better than the lighter Hasbro blue, I happen to think that if I had the opportunity to pick either the Hasbro version or the Takara version at an even price I'd take the Hasbro one because the Takara's dead eyes are a bigger issues to me than the shade of blue, and if I can't say that I think the Takara version is better at an even price I surely don't think it's worth the $100+ over the Hasbro version.

It's worth a 100$ to not have a sloppy loose, scratched from the factory blotched painted "masterpiece" though.

Seriously I don't know why people go out of their way to avoid the Takara versions.

It's such a night and day difference. My Takara Prime stays in the position I move the legs into, while the Hasbro

Legs slide because of the slop in the joints. Plus it's EVERY MP that's been made between them.

The Takara ones lock, don't have a gap, have no joint slop, not loose joints.

While the Hasbro ones are, and have badly done paint apps.

It's worth a 100$ to not have a sloppy loose, scratched from the factory blotched painted "masterpiece" though.

Seriously I don't know why people go out of their way to avoid the Takara versions.

It's such a night and day difference. My Takara Prime stays in the position I move the legs into, while the Hasbro

Legs slide because of the slop in the joints. Plus it's EVERY MP that's been made between them.

The Takara ones lock, don't have a gap, have no joint slop, not loose joints.

While the Hasbro ones are, and have badly done paint apps.

Huh?

My Hasbro ain't got any of those issues. When/where did you get your Hasbro?

As for the colors, no amount of "darker purpleish blue tone" can fix the dead-eyes on the Takara. Besides, the Hasbro blue ain't actually that bad as the online "pictures" show.

I was tentative of the Hasbro before with the online pics until I actually got mine. The various online pics seems like simply a case of improper flash/lighting and exaggerated vivid-setting on the camera possibly due to some photoshop shenanigans.

An example is below:

8070950102_6481ac7c9a_z.jpg

If I had no idea who optimus prime was and I had to match the two, I'd say Takara's looks more accurate. Hasbro's doesn't look like anything other than ugly :D

Noticed the direction and volume of the shadows from the figures and flooring?

Edited by treatment

My TRU Prime does share the same loose feet as most of you and I'm trying to find a way to make it tighter. My quickwave share the same feet design as MP Prime, but it's nice and tight.

Sooo glad to hear that MP Blaster and his minions are in the distance future, I was tempted to pickup the 3rd party cassettes.

Those aren't renewals, they're just a second production run of old figures.

To which I respond "why?". They were everywhere for a few months.

There should be no discussion on hidden renewal'd MP's. We all know

Hasbro doesn't work that way.. Or fast. If they don't announce something at NYCC there's

Nothing even planned until after Toy Fair.

Ah! A misunderstanding of the terminology on my part.

Perhaps you are correct then and more stock will suddenly "appear" as it did for the Prime First Edition figures.

I'll echo the wish for more Decepticons other than Soundwave/blaster and his minions.

Galvatron would have been another nice surprise with Ultra Magnus. Oh well.

I sold my TRU prime because the legs were way too lose. After owning my first Takara prime I noticed a big difference.

Yep, this is the biggest reason I hated the TRU version.

But it's the same with all Hasbro versions.

Figures just aren't as tight as the Takara counterparts.

Soundwave is just as bad, loose legs, parts to easy to turn.

It's called Hasbro fail, because every one of their lines suffers the same problem.

That's why they just got overthrown by Lego as the biggest toy company in the world.

Even the G'damn Metroplex I just opened has one leg that latches and one that doesn't.

So now I have gimp lean metroplex!

My Generations SunStorm has a head that moves with a slight breeze, and a backpack that

Won't clip in correctly. Springer whose rear spoiler is so lose it's not able to hide like it's designed too.

I won't even mention the Beast Hunters crap, that's a whole pile of non-connectable crap.

Not too mention I dealt with the same disappointment for a decade when I collected Star Wars.

Loose knees, warped feet.

Hasbro = fail, most of the time.

Price being equal, I'd have bought the Takara MP-10. The eyes are very easy to paint---pop the head open, remove the eyes, paint them with your choice of light blue paint. Best of both worlds.

Whereas you can't really change the leg color of US TRU MP-10. But for like 1/3 the price of the JP version, I'll live with the bright blue.

Same for Rodimus actually----I prefer the JP version's colors in ALMOST every regard, but there's just a few things the US one does better. But for far less money---I'll live with the US version.

It's called Hasbro fail, because every one of their lines suffers the same problem.

That's why they just got overthrown by Lego as the biggest toy company in the world.

Even the G'damn Metroplex I just opened has one leg that latches and one that doesn't.

So now I have gimp lean metroplex!

My Generations SunStorm has a head that moves with a slight breeze, and a backpack that

Won't clip in correctly. Springer whose rear spoiler is so lose it's not able to hide like it's designed too.

I won't even mention the Beast Hunters crap, that's a whole pile of non-connectable crap.

Not too mention I dealt with the same disappointment for a decade when I collected Star Wars.

Loose knees, warped feet.

Hasbro = fail, most of the time.

roflmao!

We all have varying fail-issues with Hasbro-TFs, but man, you seem to be the one that is so damn unlucky with your stuff per your story.

You should've just given up and switch to collecting Soul of Chogokin or Super Robot Chogokin instead long time ago.

Sadly, a majority of it I've even returned. I returned a Acid Storm last month because the middle of the fuselage

Would'nt clamp down. I thought maybe it's me, but my Tak Skywarp doesn't have that problem!

Same thing happened with the FE Bulkhead. I had gotten the Tak one on preorder and figured if probably not see

The US version. Got the US version a few months later, and it was so damn floppy and loose I thought I had gotten

A returned one! Only because I had been playing with my nice tight Takara version did I notice the huge difference.

Needless to say, Metrotitan is the last Hasbro purchase for me.

Now that he's going to be known as Forrest Metro Gump.

Edited by skullmilitia

Yep, this is the biggest reason I hated the TRU version.

But it's the same with all Hasbro versions.

Figures just aren't as tight as the Takara counterparts.

Soundwave is just as bad, loose legs, parts to easy to turn.

Are you just assuming Soundwave is just as bad, or did you actually have problems with him?

After getting Soundwave, I can admit that Prime's a bit looser, but not so much that I've had any problems posing him. But my Hasbro Soundwave is so tight I'm almost afraid of breaking him when I move his legs.

Same thing happened with the FE Bulkhead. I had gotten the Tak one on preorder and figured if probably not see

The US version. Got the US version a few months later, and it was so damn floppy and loose I thought I had gotten

A returned one! Only because I had been playing with my nice tight Takara version did I notice the huge difference.

Ugh, FE Bulkhead. I have a similar case of bad luck with Hasbro. I bought this version initially because I thought the lighter, drab colors were show accurate. Unfortunately, the figure arrived new and after one transformation the doors on the right side fell off---the plastic mounts were stripped and warped out of the box!

I took it back but was unable to find another bulkhead to replace it at the time.

I ended up getting the Takara version recently on clearance. The colors are darker, but the figure is better where it matters.

Are you just assuming Soundwave is just as bad, or did you actually have problems with him?After getting Soundwave, I can admit that Prime's a bit looser, but not so much that I've had any problems posing him. But my Hasbro Soundwave is so tight I'm almost afraid of breaking him when I move his legs.

I've had both versions of Soundwave in hand.

Tight I guess is the wrong word, crisp maybe?

If I shake a Takara figure, they don't move. If I shake a Hasbro version

They play the hokey pokey and they move themselves around.

To put it into perspective, holding a Takara Masterpiece, makes a Hasbro MP feel like a Chinese KO.

Yeah all of my Hasbro MP have been fine. I do prefer the coloring of 25th anniversary Prime to the Hasbro MP10 but 9/10th of my preference would be eliminated if they used the reflective blue eyes rather than the shade of red/blue for the legs, fists, and head.

What Masterpiece figures might me good contenders for Hasbro US? Optimus? Starscream? Grimlock? Something else?

I wouldn't rule out a US Starscream based on the newer mold, but Prime and Grimlock are done. I don't see Hasbro doing them again any time soon.

Actually, Prowl's probably next for the US releases. Prior to Prowl, every MP mold has made it to the States except for two: Megatron and Sideswipe. Megatron can make it because of US regulations on toys that look like guns, and Sideswipe didn't make it because of the Volkswagen Group's attitude about using their IP for "violent" toys. Prowl's not violating any regulations, and I'm not aware of Nissan having any such hangups, so there you go.

Not paying a huge markup to import a foreign version of a toy that's available in local stores is going out of my way?

In all seriousness, I own exactly two Takara figures: MP Megatron and TF Prime Silas Breakdown. Silas Breakdown wasn't too crazy of a price, and while I think he's a fine toy in and of himself, there's nothing about him that really makes me think he's special compared to any of the other Prime toys I have (issues I have with the Prime line have less to do with QC and more to do with crappy molds in the first place). As for Megatron, I think you mentioned something about sloppy, loose figures that flop around if you shake them?

Bought a takara MP tigertrack and found a bunch of sloppy paint apps and even some loose parts. For the price takara isn't perfect either.

This. And it's been this way for pretty much every MP toy that's been released. After a couple of days, threads will start to turn up on Transformers boards documenting every flaw. Are Hasbro's toys perfect? Of course they're not. I've freely admitted that it would have been nice if my US MP-10's feet were a little tighter. I'll go one further and say that, although I've had no troubles posing him, his hips could probably be a little tighter too. But my Soundwave doesn't flop at all. He's the opposite; he's so tight that I have trouble posing his hips. I wish his eyes would have been red like the Takara version's, but not so much that I believe I'd have been better off importing it instead of getting the Hasbro one.

Bottom line, I've got nothing against those who'd rather have the Takara versions. Not having imported a Takara MP since Megatron, I might even be willing to concede a slight difference quality. But for the most part, I view the "Takara is superior" crowd the same way I view the Apple crowd: their belief in their brand's superiority doesn't equate to actual superiority. Or in the case of Takara vs. Hasbro, not enough of a difference that I'm willing to spend double on it.

Don't confuse Nissan Japan with Nissan America.

I can almost with certainty guarantee you won't see the

MP cars here stateside. Not only does Nissan America have to get approval

From Nissan Japan, the license belongs to Mattel in the US.

On top of that having worked for Nissan, they don't want merchandise based on cars that are not

Currently being sold.

Hasbro will only have a chance at US automaker licensed cars.