*snip*

WHERE IS THE GODDAMN TRAILER GUILLERMO!?!!???

Hey! Those two look nothing like Commander Shepard and Ashley. I hate the way Hollywood casts for video game movies. Grrr Rage.

Just kidding, but the Mass Effect look is so strong it's not even funny.

On topic, I'm looking for the movie and like everyone else hope the mech/giant roboto designs are nice.

-b.

Some new information and reactions about Pacific Rim featured on Slashfilm.

http://www.slashfilm...-comiccon-2012/

The robot from the poster looks generic but still nice.... and reading this I see we will get at least half a dozen different robots (freaking AWESOME!!)

Del Toro’s words can sure make you want to see the movie.

• 2 months later...

Cautiously optimistic.

-b.

Me too.

As for not having any idea what it looks like I would laugh my a** off if it turns out the whole reason they aren't showing it is because its Mazinger/Mazinkaiser. Although to be honest what I've read of the plot reminds me a ton of Godannar. Older veteran pilot paired with younger newbie love interest, enemies that mutate taking on various forms, and an entire world defense force made of multinational robots.

The biggest question I have is what is up with the birds/angels/flying things that is in the background of all the movie posters so far?

• 1 month later...

pacific-rim-jaeger-blueprint-426x600.jpg

Looks like the bastard child of a Gundam and a Evangelion mecha. It looks like there's a giant speaker in the chest - Firebomber would be proud! It says its a 'nuclear vortex turbine' - possibly a chest cannon like the Guyver, if anyone remembers that? The design in general is a bit to anthropomorphic for my taste, but I can't wait to see it in action!

Edited by PetarB

Just saw the viral stuff posted on Slashfilm. Definitely working for me. I'm keeping my expectations in check (even though I don't want to) but I like what I see so far.

http://www.slashfilm.com/pacific-rim-viral-marketing-begins-to-warn-of-giant-monster-attack/

WIsh we could have seen a bit more of the creatures. But the way the kaiju appeared in the videos really gave a "Shadow of the Colossus" vibe :)

That sucks.

Geez man, you could get a better design than that from a random fan at a comic con.

Sheesh...

The only thing that could use some tweaking are the arm's length - but other than that, the design is fine. Has nods to old school mecha. We haven't seen it in action yet.

That's a pretty lazy insult about the design and inaccurate response about the 'random comic con'.

It is my experience that the general populace at large and by association - random people at a convention can't draw, let alone design to save their lives - so relax.

Lower half reminds me a lot of Iron-man. But the big chested super-hero style form does fits well with fighting evil monsters.

That sucks.

Geez man, you could get a better design than that from a random fan at a comic con.

Sheesh...

Sooo, you gonna back that up or was that just you showing us how big of a hating douche you are? There must be a Comic con near you, go, go, go, go get them to draw you a pretty picture!!

Hearing the pronunciation of the evil creatures name makes me think about this guy:

Hey, they used some of my bits and pieces SketchUp designs directly in that blueprint!! Too bad its an older outdated version, I don't get why Marketing doesn't co-ordinate with the rest of production?! Gettin' excited, it comes out next year on my birthday too.

Not a fan of the stubby thighs, long calves look. In fact, I'd say the legs are just about perfect, on that Russian jaeger. It certainly has a fancy hat.

Gipsy Danger has some proportion issues going on between the torso and legs, but I certainly don't hate it. Given that it looks like it's meant to operate in coastal waters, (salt water cooling intake) the longer legs kind of make sense.