1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

I like the fact that Mr. K in the interview is willing to make the YF-21 renewal version if they can solve some of the problems they had before (and with permission - by boss? or license?)

I'm still waiting!~

I like the fact that Mr. K in the interview is willing to make the YF-21 renewal version if they can solve some of the problems they had before (and with permission - by boss? or license?)

I'm still waiting!~

Would you be kind enough to translate some more of that interview kyekye?

I think they're just showing off the engineering by the parts... still expecting perfect transformation.

Well, I wasn't calling it a "parts-former" or anything. I just thought the cockpit might be remove-able like on the VF-1.

In all the transformation there doesn't look very complicated though.

2 page interview is kinda long, so I'll just translate what seems matters most.

*page 29 is mostly Yamato - Macross history - How they evolved from hand-made to current manufacturing process, and how Mr. K is personally attached to Macross-7..etc and how they tried to put every gimmick into Fire Valkyrie.

*page 31 VF-4G idea started from 'year 2012' and fan's desire. They mostly started design from Kawamori's sketch materials for game, so there might be some differences from other images.

Mr. K personally wants to redo the ones made before he came on board. Also he wants to try SV-51 (his first product) one more time. Also if chances are given, he wants to do the ones never made before (VF-0D, VF-9, VF-14, Battle7 and Variable Gra..etc..)

About user request. The most wanted are Macross-F items, but other company is making good products (Bandai), so maybe later if timing is right.

And YF-19! He wants to make the YF-21 renewal version if they can solve some of the problems they had before (and with permission - by boss? or license?)

Please keep loving Macross!!~

And to the picture details

About VF-4G : Macross Digital Mission VF-X (Megaroad01 2012)

About sales, pre-order is now closed, but thinking about 2nd batch order

The Front nose : Transformation : bend the nose - push down the cockpit block and fold canard - lift up the back cover and covers the cockpit block. Somewhat related to YF-19 or VF-25 transformation.

Legs : Unique transformation. you can taste new experience. Thigh comes out from thin plane body. pull out Slide shutter gimmick..etc lots of new transformation gimmicks.

I think that covers most of the text :)

BTW, I still think the price is ridiculous!!!!

Mr. K personally wants to redo the ones made before he came on board. Also he wants to try SV-51 (his first product) one more time. Also if chances are given, he wants to do the ones never made before (VF-0D, VF-9, VF-14, Battle7 and Variable Gra..etc..)

About user request. The most wanted are Macross-F items, but other company is making good products (Bandai), so maybe later if timing is right.

And YF-19! He wants to make the YF-21 renewal version if they can solve some of the problems they had before (and with permission - by boss? or license?)

This ^^^^^ :D C'mon Yamato, let the Hoary Froating Head have his way! Renewal SV-51, Renewal YF-19, Renewal YF-21,VF-0D, VF-9, VF-14, Battle 7 and Variable Glaug?!?!

I would prob go broke, but damn Kawamori-san's wish list is a wet dream for me.

Thanks for the translation work kyekye.

Edited by Loop

This made my day. Thank you kyekye for the translation.

2 page interview is kinda long, so I'll just translate what seems matters most.

*page 29 is mostly Yamato - Macross history - How they evolved from hand-made to current manufacturing process, and how Mr. K is personally attached to Macross-7..etc and how they tried to put every gimmick into Fire Valkyrie.

*page 31 VF-4G idea started from 'year 2012' and fan's desire. They mostly started design from Kawamori's sketch materials for game, so there might be some differences from other images.

And to the picture details

About VF-4G : Macross Digital Mission VF-X (Megaroad01 2012)

About sales, pre-order is now closed, but thinking about 2nd batch order

The Front nose : Transformation : bend the nose - push down the cockpit block and fold canard - lift up the back cover and covers the cockpit block. Somewhat related to YF-19 or VF-25 transformation.

Legs : Unique transformation. you can taste new experience. Thigh comes out from thin plane body. pull out Slide shutter gimmick..etc lots of new transformation gimmicks.

I think that covers most of the text :)

BTW, I still think the price is ridiculous!!!!

Thanks for the translation kyekye.

That bold part deserves it's own thread. B))

This ^^^^^ :D C'mon Yamato, let the Hoary Froating Head have his way! Renewal SV-51, Renewal YF-19, Renewal YF-21,VF-0D, VF-9, VF-14, Battle 7 and Variable Glaug?!?!

I would prob go broke, but damn Kawamori-san's wish list is a wet dream for me.

Thanks for the translation work kyekye.

I just wanted to make sure people know that this isn't Kawamori's own personal wishlist.

SV51 is not in the cards yet. It even says on the interview that he wants a chance of redoing it. I agree. the battroid version leaves a lot to be desired even though fighter is pretty good.

I love the SV-51. Even though the fighter mode is pretty darn good...one of the things that I didn't like was the lower stabs didn't angle down enough. They should've angled away from the fuselage nearly as much as the upper stabs but instead where closer to being horizontal. Note I said closer to...not almost. ;)

Chris

I just wanted to make sure people know that this isn't Kawamori's own personal wishlist.

SV51 is not in the cards yet. It even says on the interview that he wants a chance of redoing it. I agree. the battroid version leaves a lot to be desired even though fighter is pretty good.

What in particular did you feel left a lot to be desired in battroid mode? Was it looseness of joints or locking mechanisms?

I think the only two problems I could name off the top of my head that I experienced were relatively minor. The legs were really heavy so the joints felt too weak to hold the legs in position when on the stand and the clip that plugs in from the back that pretty much holds battroid mode together was weak on mine like the crotch lock in the version 1 DX VF-25s.

Sculpt-wise, I thought it looked very good, being close to the rendered versions.

I personally had more issues with the fighter mode like the large gap the head leaves as it sits higher above the legs instead of being up against them. Also, as Dobber said, the lower stabs not going low enough. When you attach the missile pods to the hardpoints, the backend of the pods are rubbing up against the top of the lower stabilizers. Plus, there were relatively large gaps in the shoulder assembly area that could have been tightened up a bit.

Going back to the VF-4, what is the deal with Nippon Yassan and the prices? I'm not really sure how they're handling this. It sounds like you can send in payment anytime between now and before they plan on shipping out the toy. Is it best to just send in payment right before they are about to do shipping? If the price goes back up, do you pay the higher price again than if you send payment when it was cheapest or would they ask you to send additional money if you had sent payment at an earlier, cheaper time?

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Paying 300+ for a dismantling transformation. I'd hope in nearly 2013 we could have perfect transformation.

It's a hope, probably won't change the purchase decision.

I don't think it's going to be a "dismantling transformation." I was only speculating the cockpit came off like the VF-1 did. Technically you could transform it without the cockpit connected too, that doesn't make it a dismantling transformation though.

I don't think it's going to be a "dismantling transformation." I was only speculating the cockpit came off like the VF-1 did. Technically you could transform it without the cockpit connected too, that doesn't make it a dismantling transformation though.

I was going off the pictures which seemed to suggest four major parts had to be taken apart to transform.

It was a kneejerk speculation on my part though. until there's more accurate showing of transformation, all we can do is guess.

Detail pics

gallery_151_556_251902.jpg

gallery_151_556_214317.jpg

gallery_151_556_91043.jpg

gallery_151_556_150728.jpg

gallery_151_556_386155.jpg

this pics are what we are going on!

The fin in front of the landing gear goes into that slit, I'm guessing.

nm... I'm wrong, it seems like those two slits line up when folded.

the more I look at the battroid mode, the more I like it. It reminds me of the Knock Turn in Chase Cruiser Blasty.

Here's an image I posted earlier.

gallery_151_556_428457.jpg

and this one