Yamato Non Paint 1/60 VF-1 (2011)

bowman

The side covers is different than previous release on Yamato's GBP-1S. These side covers has opened vents, virtually the same design as previous T-Rex's kits.

Well, it's not that it's virtually the same design as previous T-Rex kits; it's actually the same design:

post-12283-0-55056200-1314372197_thumb.jpg

Well, it's not that it's virtually the same design as previous T-Rex kits; it's actually the same design:

post-12283-0-55056200-1314372197_thumb.jpg

Yes, I am more proactive when I said that. ^_^

The T-Rex kit was made from resin, and this coming release by Yamato is made of ABS, I assume.

I absolutely love these kits. As for the 1J, if they don't release the M & M versions again, I'll have to look into the feasibility of staining the 1J the right color. I'm hoping to get two of the 1J, then probably one of each of the others.

so which design is the right for the side covers if I remember correctly at least in the tv series was that come with the gbp so this "new" is from DYRL or is unofficial design I'm confused :wacko:

I believe during the battle between Max and Milia, there is a shot of Max hitting the thrust in battroid, and it briefly shows the vents shown in T-rex's version providing some of that. I wish I could remember if that was DYRL, or t.v. maybe that's where the difference lies?

I believe during the battle between Max and Milia, there is a shot of Max hitting the thrust in battroid, and it briefly shows the vents shown in T-rex's version providing some of that. I wish I could remember if that was DYRL, or t.v. maybe that's where the difference lies?

from SDF:M

post-4286-0-85936100-1314401561_thumb.jpg

I hate to be the first to rant about this, but why they just didn't packed all the extras and the three heads in one single box? People would buy multiples anyway, specially considering that you'd get more sets of extras with every purchase.

Because they want your money, and this pretty much ensures that if you want one of each, you have to buy one of each. I could get mad at it, but it's capitalism.

Because they want your money, and this pretty much ensures that if you want one of each, you have to buy one of each. I could get mad at it, but it's capitalism.

That's precisely my point, if you want all three VF's, you would buy three of them, moreso if you get three full sets of extras and (check this out) no shelf warmers for Yamato! You could say Yamato saves money by giving you one extra with each Valk, but can those tiny chunks of ABS make a real difference?

The feeling I keep having with this sort of merchandising decisions is that it's just too hard for Yamato to please the collectors even with small things that make all the difference. I fail see how caring for your customers goes against capitalism or making money for that matter.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

So are these supposed to be completed toys? Or are they kits?

I already have a VF-1S unpainted kit that is still in the box untouched.

I would not mind having them in toy form.

Yes! I know Brain! But where are we going to find pink stockings that can fit a chicken?

Awesome! we are on the same page :p

I wouldn't mind a re-release of some early variants with the neck and side covers packed in.

I would like to have a Ver. 2.5 of Hikaru DYRL -1S one day, so my mind and heart can finally be at ease when it comes to those damn shoulders.

Graham please talk to Yamato about this!!!

But even if these are kits, I'm still interested solely because of the side covers.

(Yes, they mean that much to me!)

I wouldn't mind a re-release of some early variants with the neck and side covers packed in.

I would like to have a Ver. 2.5 of Hikaru DYRL -1S one day, so my mind and heart can finally be at ease when it comes to those damn shoulders.

Graham please talk to Yamato about this!!!

EDIT: Didn't read about your experience with the shoulders when I quoted you :wacko:

May I ask why a 2.5 Hikaru DYRL? VF-1S?? Did you have a negative experience with the shoulders?

In my case it's my favourite valk and caracter, therefore it's my most abused valk!! Nothing is broken or loose!

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

they should always come with the sides and neck covers. I don't understand the point of omitting them in the first place and then complain about people recasting them...

And I agree with LSB, but I think they already screwed up on the accessorizing area. If you include the 3 heads then every kit will have the baby pod. If they were going to release it separately at least have something extra for each kit.

But at least its being included now.

still confused :wacko:

Seems simple enough: SDF:M = boosters, DYRL = no boosters

Maybe Yamato will mold the kits in off-white and include DYRL-accurate side covers for the ultimate DYRL-accurate customs!

Edit: /sarcasm

Edited by jwasko

Seems simple enough: SDF:M = boosters, DYRL = no boosters

Maybe Yamato will mold the kits in off-white and include DYRL-accurate side covers for the ultimate DYRL-accurate customs!

No, SDF:M and DYRL VF-1As only differ in their colour scheme, hands and head visor.

Anime52k8 has kindly provided a link to a video where, if you pay attention, it can be seen the side cover go from closed to open position. It’s only that we always see them closed in DYRL.

Please look at this sequence:

post-12283-0-63863800-1314483046_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-67155900-1314483057_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-55160600-1314483068_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-43297300-1314483080_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-48346300-1314483088_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-06983900-1314483096_thumb.jpg

I take it by "out of place" you mean,"where do those thrusters even go in fighter mode?" :lol:

There's a reason none of the various VF-1 toys have them, I don't think they actually have any place to go.

I did see someone work the side cover panels into a very different mechanism for how the shoulders work in a custom hasegawa kit, but it was really complicated, and there still was no place for a bank of thrusters to be mounted.

No, SDF:M and DYRL VF-1As only differ in their colour scheme, hands and head visor.

Anime52k8 has kindly provided a link to a video where, if you pay attention, it can be seen the side cover go from closed to open position. It’s only that we always see them closed in DYRL.

Sorry, I forgot my sarcastic tone wouldn't carry into text.