Yamato 1/60 VF-19S/F/P - All Variants

charger69

Nice pictures Mommar. :)

Would it be possible to snap a picture of it without the shoulder speaker fins on? Just wanted to see how it looks and how big the hole is for them. It was reported that the Valk comes with them not attached but no one seems to be willing to take a picture for me. Not sure if the BAT photos show this as the pictures don't show on my iPad.

Chris

Do you want pics in all three modes without the fins or are you interested in one mode in particular?

Alright, here's some pics I snapped without the speaker fins. I somehow ended up with more Gerwalk than anything else this time.

8355387074_4bfa5c29bf_b.jpg

8355389586_de7f687b51_b.jpg

I like the back lit version of this shot better, I feel it highlights the lines of the craft very well, so I chose to post this one instead of the front lit one.

8355392500_047ddaba47_b.jpg

8355395776_595e0e4f94_b.jpg

8355399084_057c1c0681_b.jpg

8355402330_42f76410cf_b.jpg

8354346315_f50619b397_b.jpg

8355411806_2cc6a179b7_b.jpg

8355414956_d4c0a1c102_b.jpg

8354356229_efcfc17be8_b.jpg

8355421160_6704350d00_b.jpg

8354343427_856aa7450a_b.jpg

Nice pictures Mommar. :)

Would it be possible to snap a picture of it without the shoulder speaker fins on? Just wanted to see how it looks and how big the hole is for them. It was reported that the Valk comes with them not attached but no one seems to be willing to take a picture for me. Not sure if the BAT photos show this as the pictures don't show on my iPad.

Chris

I just realized that i never took an overhead pic of the holes in fighter mode but one of the later Battroid mode pics shows the holes. They're rather large but I imagine if you really didn't want them there you could fill it with modelers putty or something.

I think the thing that sets this one's antennas apart from the Fire Valk is that these ones aren't hidden in fighter mode. Now.. whether they could be hidden is something I'm going to try when mine arrives.

I've actually done that with each VF-19 release. The center lasers will easily fit under the shield like the crest on the Fire Valk's head on both the S and F, and I just removed the side lasers on the S because they look funny to me in fighter mode. ^_^

I think the thing that sets this one's antennas apart from the Fire Valk is that these ones aren't hidden in fighter mode. Now.. whether they could be hidden is something I'm going to try when mine arrives.

I've actually done that with each VF-19 release. The center lasers will easily fit under the shield like the crest on the Fire Valk's head on both the S and F, and I just removed the side lasers on the S because they look funny to me in fighter mode. ^_^

The side lasers on this head seem to be attached different. I have a hard time adjusting them unlike on my F and S.

nvm, yes, they do open.

edit... but they're not supposed to, they're glued shut. but the speakers are all in there.

edit 2.. definitely not meant to open, the hinge doesn't have a pin, so if you get it open, there's nothing to keep the two halves together. The top half just comes off revealing the speakers underneath.

Edited by eugimon

I envy the fact that you guys could still have a 19 on the Yamato stand. I still couldn't get mine to stay on it securely even without the Sound Boosters. Are there any tricks to making it possible and secure?

Really??? I thought that was the most secure way to display these things...

Really??? I thought that was the most secure way to display these things...

It's tenuous to get on the stand in Fighter mode. The damn thing is so back heavy in that mode it feels like the neck will snap in half when on the stand. It works but I never leave it there when it's sitting on my shelf. I use it purely for taking photos. I don't have anything like a flightpose stand, which I suppose is a better solution for these things, so when one of the 19's is in fighter mode it sits on it's landing gears for me.

It's tenuous to get on the stand in Fighter mode. The damn thing is so back heavy in that mode it feels like the neck will snap in half when on the stand. It works but I never leave it there when it's sitting on my shelf. I use it purely for taking photos. I don't have anything like a flightpose stand, which I suppose is a better solution for these things, so when one of the 19's is in fighter mode it sits on it's landing gears for me.

Huh...that's news to me, but it makes complete sense...she is quite a$$-heavy. I guess I've never really had a VF-19 in fighter mode on a Valkyrie Display Stand before. Looks like its gonna stay that way. Thanks for the info guys.

Edited by Old Man

Huh...that's news to me, but it makes complete sense...she is quite a$$-heavy. I guess I've never really had a VF-19 in fighter mode on a Valkyrie Display Stand before. Looks like its gonna stay that way. Thanks for the info guys.

What's funny is that the moment you transform to Gerwalk it becomes irritating and forward heavy instead. It's scary to keep on the stand in fighter and next to impossible to do anything without the stand in Gerwalk.

nvm, yes, they do open.

edit... but they're not supposed to, they're glued shut. but the speakers are all in there.

edit 2.. definitely not meant to open, the hinge doesn't have a pin, so if you get it open, there's nothing to keep the two halves together. The top half just comes off revealing the speakers underneath.

LOL, Basara can never have enough speaker! I tried lightly and mine did not come up so I assumed they were not in there. You are a brave soul Eugimon.

Edited by Loop

The fighter mode stand adapter is also complete garbage. Not only is it very tenuous while on a stand due to it being so far off from center of gravity and being very back heavy, the adapter piece also scratched off some yellow on the crotch piece from my 19S.

If I recall correctly, the adapter piece for fighter mode does not touch the crotch piece, so I am not sure how that happened..?

If I recall correctly, the adapter piece for fighter mode does not touch the crotch piece, so I am not sure how that happened..?

The back end of the adapter rubs against the yellow painted area, at least for mine. It's not a very tight fit and the weight of the valk in fighter mode ends up causing the yellow painted area to support the weight against the edge of the adapter piece.

Just checked mine, and you're right, it does...

Sorry, for some reason I was misremembering and thought that the crotch piece was positioned much further aft in fighter mode.

100% not Yamato's fault, as it's the anime colour, but I do wish the head lasers were painted grey or white on the VF-19P.

Still, an easy mod.

Graham

If it's any consolation, the lasers ARE grey in Tenjin's painting of the Valk...

;)

Can someone explain to me what the deal is with the VF-19 ankle joint? People keep complaining about it, but I don’t have an image in my mind as to what the problem is. It’s just a ball joint, right? Is it just loose, or is there some limitation in the range of movement? Is it a design flaw or a QA issue?