change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am a huge brownie lover. Few weeks ago i decided to take on a project that i have been planning out for a while. Since that nobody knows when or whether Bandai will ever release a VF-1A cannon fodder in the DX line i tried to get the best out of what i already have in my collection, starting of course from a Yamato 1/48 VF-1A Cannon fodder. The changes i made:

1. Bath in hydrogen peroxide in order to take out that awful yellowish patina
2. Used waterslide decals instead of stickers
3. Switch the pilot from a DYRL to a SDFM one(it’s a spare Roy Focker I had from an old Yamato 1/48).
4. Used the reactive missiles set from Bandai.
5. Still on the fence whether to panel line it or not…I feel the lines are too deep and in the end it would not look so good…(your experience on the matter would be greatly appreciated).

From this project I learnt that if you tweak few details you can almost get a brand new valk…especially putting up waterslide decals instead of stickers made a huge difference in my opinion(although I realized it’s not that easy to find good quality third party decals). In any case, I hope you enjoy it!

vf11.jpg

vf13.jpg

vf16.jpg

vf17.jpg

vf18.jpg

vf19.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I was wandering... Will we ever get Destroids in 1/48 from Bandai? Has there been any rumors? After all some of the Chogokin models are massive so size shouldn't detour Bandai from making them. 

sizechart-1-800x540.gif

Edited by grogall

10 hours ago, grogall said:

I was wandering... Will we ever get Destroids in 1/48 from Bandai? Has there been any rumors? After all some of the Chogokin models are massive so size shouldn't detour Bandai from making them. 

021f92c0e72df85d6b17f206cc3302a1.jpg.22cee4ffdb4d52cad32fc71d85bf3eea.jpg

5 minutes ago, seti88 said:

attach frickin laser beams and we got a deal!

Hahah just put some laser pointers in :p

@grogall Yamato did show off a 1/60 Monster prototype many moons ago. Lemme try to search the pic..

Ok here it is:

post-515-1232038550.jpg.bbc0e4354936acc9a7a0cf23378c9cb1.jpg

At that scale its already humongous; compared to the cut-off 1/60 VF-1S on the right. At 1/48 it probably needs a dining table display lol.

For the other destroids, the only 1/48 I know is the recent Moscato 1/48 Tomahawk kit:

@MKT Thanks! So it looks like they might do it... Sure the Destroid Monster would be the largest of the Destroids, the others would be around the VF-1's size. Since they might do SDF-1 wich is also a large model it still is a possibility!? Guess we will have to wait and see....

47 minutes ago, grogall said:

@MKT Thanks! So it looks like they might do it... Sure the Destroid Monster would be the largest of the Destroids, the others would be around the VF-1's size. Since they might do SDF-1 wich is also a large model it still is a possibility!? Guess we will have to wait and see....

I never actually considered Bandai doing Destroids in a new scale, but if they start doing so, I reckon there'll be some sort of mutiny going around in these boards. Folks have been waiting forever for the HMR Tomahawk & Spartan that Bandai have repeatedly gaslit us with lol. 

Might I suggest you to pick up the HMR Monster? Even if it doesn't fit the DX scale, it is a very, very good toy in its own right. ^_^

1 hour ago, tekering said:

The very same.  :good:

VF-1Sinhand.jpg.f18ff18e3b8dfb9043476bc5fc0b800a.jpg

The Strike version looks like a winner, and agreed that the details are pretty sharp. :good: Never really noticed that before with the non-Strike ones, because the legs hanging down at the rear were always just too distracting.  

On 9/23/2023 at 7:12 AM, Robin-11 said:

I am a huge brownie lover. Few weeks ago i decided to take on a project that i have been planning out for a while. Since that nobody knows when or whether Bandai will ever release a VF-1A cannon fodder in the DX line i tried to get the best out of what i already have in my collection, starting of course from a Yamato 1/48 VF-1A Cannon fodder. The changes i made:

1. Bath in hydrogen peroxide in order to take out that awful yellowish patina
2. Used waterslide decals instead of stickers
3. Switch the pilot from a DYRL to a SDFM one(it’s a spare Roy Focker I had from an old Yamato 1/48).
4. Used the reactive missiles set from Bandai.
5. Still on the fence whether to panel line it or not…I feel the lines are too deep and in the end it would not look so good…(your experience on the matter would be greatly appreciated).

From this project I learnt that if you tweak few details you can almost get a brand new valk…especially putting up waterslide decals instead of stickers made a huge difference in my opinion(although I realized it’s not that easy to find good quality third party decals). In any case, I hope you enjoy it!

vf11.jpg

vf13.jpg

vf16.jpg

vf17.jpg

vf18.jpg

vf19.jpg

Looking good and definitely a suitable place holder.

Looks great without the panel lining. Maybe a top coat should be added to protect the decals and stickers.

• 2 weeks later...