Yamato 1/60 Regult w/ pilot

EXO

Veef's not rude, he's just frank, and doesn't tolerate wrongness.

I totally agree, and he's also somewhat of an ill-tempered troll. I totally appreciate that and no I'm not being sarcastic for once.

I'll try to refrain from being mockingly dramatic for comedic relief in my posts from now on. I didn't intend for it to be taken seriously, sorry. Not being sarcastic may be harder though :)

Sooo on topic.. does this thing have a cockpit? Did someone already mention this?

Yes, back on topic, thank you. Again, can someone at least comment on whether or not this could be considered 1/48 scale? I know 1/60 is now the "standard", but I love my 1/48's. Maybe I'm beating a dead horse here...

I think this regult is the size i expect from 1/60, though compared to the 1/60 Q-raus, it seems a tad bigger. Whatever it is, seems to be too small for 1/48.

Agreed, it's way too small for the regult to be 1/48 scale.

If you look at the picture again, the regult is most likely in 1/60 scale if you take the 1/60 Zentraedi soldier and 1/60 VF-1S as reference for size comparison. The soldier fits just right in the pod.

I remember seeing the 1/60 Zentraedi soledier resin kit in squeeze down position place on a card board with the Regult pod hand sketch. I couldn't find the picture.

11c5k54.jpg

I found the picture and it's from T-rextoys. This picture should 99% suggest that the regult is in 1/60 scale. However, further rigid information on release is TBA like Vifam mentioned.

post-611-127428466073_thumb.jpg

Yes, back on topic, thank you. Again, can someone at least comment on whether or not this could be considered 1/48 scale? I know 1/60 is now the "standard", but I love my 1/48's. Maybe I'm beating a dead horse here...

The past year or 18 months has shown us that the 1/48 ship has pretty much sailed. There's no reason to go back to that scale when 1/60 works far better for making a franchise-wide set of comparable figures.

I guess I'm alone on this one. No matter, more power to you all. I suppose I'm just stuck in my 1/48 ways. BTW, where is the sign that says "1/60" for the Regult? I know there's a sign that shows both the Regult Kit and the Max Zentraedi Uniform that verifies the scale of the latter, but it doesn't mention the scale of the HDP Kit.

Edited by Old Man

Cool...But I'll hold off at getting all fired up until there is more information on this Regult. I don't want to be disappointed by Yamato again. Tread lightly until then.

It would have been awesome if they said this was a 1/55 scale model... it would have left me more hope for a 1/60 scale toy some day.

Given the size of the one they have on display, even if it says it's 1/60 scale, it probably is closer to 1/48 - 1/50 scale. A regult is supposed to be 15.12m tall. By comparison, the YF-21 and YF-19 are around 15.5m for battroid mode which would make the regult shorter than them or at least the same height if it was off by a little bit. Up until now, Yamato has done a pretty respectable job in making the relative heights and lengths of the VFs to scale with each other in battroid and fighter modes with the toys just being off by a tiny bit. Mind you, I'm speaking of the VFs and not the pilots.

However, that picture of the regult standing next to a 1/60 VF-1S would make it taller than the 19 and 21 as well by a good bit. So there is room for them to backtrack and legitimately say it's a larger scale and then come out with a smaller one later at 1/60.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Given the size of the one they have on display, even if it says it's 1/60 scale, it probably is closer to 1/48 - 1/50 scale. A regult is supposed to be 15.12m tall. By comparison, the YF-21 and YF-19 are around 15.5m for battroid mode which would make the regult shorter than them or at least the same height if it was off by a little bit. Up until now, Yamato has done a pretty respectable job in making the relative heights and lengths of the VFs to scale with each other in battroid and fighter modes with the toys just being off by a tiny bit. Mind you, I'm speaking of the VFs and not the pilots.

However, that picture of the regult standing next to a 1/60 VF-1S would make it taller than the 19 and 21 as well by a good bit. So there is room for them to backtrack and legitimately say it's a larger scale and then come out with a smaller one later at 1/60.

Finally, someone who agrees with me. Thank you, MacrossJunkie. From all the comparison pictures I've seen, the top of the Battloid's head (not including the lasers) should come to at least the base of the "eye" on the Regult. The 1/60 VF-1S next to the HDP Kit doesn't even come close, considering the Regult is looking downward in that particular picture.

Finally, someone who agrees with me. Thank you, MacrossJunkie. From all the comparison pictures I've seen, the top of the Battloid's head (not including the lasers) should come to at least the base of the "eye" on the Regult. The 1/60 VF-1S next to the HDP Kit doesn't even come close, considering the Regult is looking downward in that particular picture.

The problem is that it's still a prototype, and prototypes are usually larger than the final scaled down version. The Queadluun-Rau prototype was gigantic compared to the released toy!!

I'm getting the HDP kit and if Yamato decides to release it as a toy I will get it too ;)

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

Not over sized if you base it on this pic:

PDVD_001.jpg

Yup, you could do the math according to the spec provided, but the size in the movie and tv series are not consistent. You can have a Zentran standing same height with Battroid but the Zentran still have to squezze in the regult's cockpit?

Toy manufacturer has to compromise anime magic, I think this is what they come up with for now on the size of Zentran, VF-1 and Regult:

zentra022.jpg

Yeah, there's a shot at the end of the series where the zentradi soldiers pretend to be fighting VF-1s and when Quamzin's troops get there, they all run away. The soldiers were the same height as the battroids. And that scene where the Battroid lights the soldier's cigarette. I thought the whole point of making the valks transform was to go up against the Zentradi at their size. But at the same time, I don't want to have a regult over tower the VF-1 that much. I think the scale of the toys is OK. I bet the 1/60 regult would look good next to a 1/48 in fighter mode also.

Yeah, there's a shot at the end of the series where the zentradi soldiers pretend to be fighting VF-1s and when Quamzin's troops get there, they all run away. The soldiers were the same height as the battroids. And that scene where the Battroid lights the soldier's cigarette. I thought the whole point of making the valks transform was to go up against the Zentradi at their size. But at the same time, I don't want to have a regult over tower the VF-1 that much. I think the scale of the toys is OK. I bet the 1/60 regult would look good next to a 1/48 in fighter mode also.

I agree. It really is very hard for Yamato (T-Rex) to come up with an exact scale Regult. The way I see it is that Yamato has done and excellent job keeping to scale and size with so many obstacles being thrown their way.

The size is adequate and that is all we can we ask for.

The soldiers were the same height as the battroids...I thought the whole point of making the valks transform was to go up against the Zentradi at their size.

That's WHY I love Macross, I couldn't find any other series that justifies the gigantic humanoid form for robots so nicely but Macross.

Edited by charger69

I'll buy anything I can afford. It's pointless to complain about the price of a toy. If the objective is happiness, it's a done deal for the money spent. I hope Yamato would release it with multiple accessories such as the Missile Pods and Radar Array.

Just a theory, but since Zentraedi are capable of micronization, it's quite possible that they have a separate "scale size" for different situations--one scale size for piloting mecha (the pilots for the Q-Rau's, Glaugs and Regults look to be about the same size), and a larger scale for melee combat (infantry, etc.).

Then again, this is probably just rationalization for discrepancies in the original anime.

Just a theory, but since Zentraedi are capable of micronization, it's quite possible that they have a separate "scale size" for different situations--one scale size for piloting mecha (the pilots for the Q-Rau's, Glaugs and Regults look to be about the same size), and a larger scale for melee combat (infantry, etc.).

Then again, this is probably just rationalization for discrepancies in the original anime.

While that is sound reasoning for the various size indiffernces, it still falls a bit short since the Zjentohlauedy appear to grow larger or shorter dependent of various situations.

Either way, I like your theory.

You guys are so funny.

If the Zentraedi could just micronize themselves to different heights to fit their under-sized mecha, why be macronized at all? What's the point of building mecha that need to carry 18,000+ lbs of dead weight when you could just micronize the pilot down to 150 lbs, (or hell, even 150 grams), and use the rest of the excess thrust of the mech to carry extra ammo or something useful?

We're talking about a cartoon made in the 80s. The scaling was never accurate to begin with. VF-1 battroids were supposed to be the same height as an average Zentran, but the animators goofed and didn't illustrate the Regults large enough. There's really no way to rationalize the discrepancy of sizes in Macross without defeating the purpose of having macronized Zentran pilots.

You guys are so funny.

If the Zentraedi could just micronize themselves to different heights to fit their under-sized mecha, why be macronized at all? What's the point of building mecha that need to carry 18,000+ lbs of dead weight when you could just micronize the pilot down to 150 lbs, (or hell, even 150 grams), and use the rest of the excess thrust of the mech to carry extra ammo or something useful?

We're talking about a cartoon made in the 80s. The scaling was never accurate to begin with. VF-1 battroids were supposed to be the same height as an average Zentran, but the animators goofed and didn't illustrate the Regults large enough. There's really no way to rationalize the discrepancy of sizes in Macross without defeating the purpose of having macronized Zentran pilots.

that's my point... when it comes to zentrans, scale is retroactive and doesn't factor into my buying or displaying.

Heheh, trying to rationalize the irrational is part of human nature; that's how religions are born. ;) I rationalize; therefore I am. :lol:

Either way, if there's any chance that the Regult and/or Zentraedi uniform might be marketed outside of Japan, it's definitely a sure-buy for me.

Edited by GU-11

Agreed, I don't care about the scale of this. All I have are 1/48's, but this would look damn good next to them, regardless of the scale discrepancy. I saw someone kick around the number 400 as far as price. Is that a best guess? 400 bills is a bit steep...

I think that was actually printed on the show card. 3900Y. Which isn't bad as far the kind of kit it is. Assuming it's like the SDF-1 with full articulation. And it has a cockpit and the soldier. If it's static, then it's way overpriced.