All Things Video Games Thread: II

I watched my brother finish Portal 2 in under 10 hours. I love the new song. Ending (well, just about the entire game) made me and my brother laugh and groan.

I love Valve so much. So damn ecstatic that I'm able to play co-op with my brother with just "one" copy of the game. Me on PS3, brother on PC.

If you're looking for a good free-to-play MMORPG, try out Spiral Knights. I am pretty much addicted to this game and would highly recommend it to fans of Zelda: The Four Swords.

A trailer of the game:

While I don't play Spiral Knights too often, I second the recommendation. Get friends and play.

Some information right off the bat, major activities (like taking Gate elavators into dungeons, crafting, & reviving yourself) run on "Mist Energy" and "Crystal Energy (CE)". You're allotted 100 Mist over the course of a day to do whatever you want, but once that runs out, you need to refill it with a Mist tank or use CE--which can be purchased with in-game currency or real money.

Dungeon difficulty is broken up into three tiers. If you want to gain access to tier 2 and higher, you need to craft or buy 2-star equipment to progress into tier 2, and then 4-star equipment for tier 3.

There is no character leveling, the only leveling you do is for your weapons, and all of them max out at 10.

I think that covers it...

Also, interesting trivia for some who don't know: Ian McConville of MacHall and Three Panel Soul fame is one of the lead artists for the game.

Edited by shiroikaze

How I didnt know this before, I dont know...

In the EU they got a Prince of Persia trilogy set for PS3. Since that will work on Aussie systems, that wa s ahuge buy for me! I loved those games (Yes, even 2) and cant wait to give them another go round. Also got Forgotten Sands cheap, which I havent played at all yet.

I ended up buying Plants Versus Zombies over Spring Break a few weeks ago. 10 bucks on Steam was well-worth the buy. The game may look kinda dumb on the outside, but it's actually a LOT of fun to play. It's made by PopCap games, the same people who made Bejeweled, so you know there's some addictive drugs in the game's recipe. The thing that got me to download a demo copy was that it was labeled "Game of the Year" by Steam, so it had to be pretty good. I played the demo for an hour and was hooked. Forked over the ten bucks to buy it and I am glad I did so.

Just play the demo and you'll see what I mean. It's so good, you'll find yourself starting up the game every once in awhile just to water the plants in your Zen Garden!

Dear PSN, please make it so MGO doesn't glitch as much when you come back.

Your Friend, Keith!

Your asking the wrong people, MGO's numerous glitches are down to Konami's network rather than PSN.

Another map pack for Black Ops drops May 3rd. At least the zombie mode looks promising. ^_^

I thought Black Ops was pretty meh, and I'm not really interested in Activision bilking me on a couple of maps. If I want to kill zombies, I'll fire up Left 4 Dead. On Steam, no less, where the DLC's been free.

Here's a tip for all of you: keep Romero in the water!!! Once he leaves the water, he gets royally pissed off. Trust me, you do not want to get nailed by that movie lantern club of his, the damned thing sends an eletric shock for a radius of at least 5 meters, and you'll be lucky to be able to survive two direct hits from the thing.

The mobile Pack a Punch location is a royal pain in the ass as well.

Not a double post.

Black Ops news.

Finally got the Achievement for reviving somebody with a Pack-a-Punched Ballistic Knife in Zombies, and buy all the weapons from the wall (both in Ascension map). I also helped my brother get the Kill the Pentagon Thief before he steals your loadout Achievement (Thank god the thief targeted a friend who knew what she was doing; It took a while, because I was armed with the MP5-K at the time).

Favorite weapons in the game so far:

Commando (Assault Rifle) Very accurate and dependable.

Stoner 63 (Light Machine Gun) I have to quote Dylan on this one: "Everybody must get stoned." Damned thing's accurate as all hell, it's even more so when you slap the extended banana mag on it (I have yet to run Warlord with the thing; I usually had the Reflex sight attached to the thing).

Strela-3 (Launcher) It may not be anti-personnel, but put that thing in my hands and I'm an anti-aircraft machine. My favorite thing to do is to take out enemy Chinooks as they're coming in; I bet that pisses the other team off royally.

Least favorite weapons so far:

M-16 (Assault Rifle) C'mon, is it so hard to ask to have the thing fully automatic outside the Pack-a-Punched version in Zombies?

G-11 (Assault Rifle) Having what I think is an over-the-barrel magazine is nice, but the three-round-burst only mode killed it for me.

RPK (Light Machine Gun) Jesus, the god-damned thing's recoil is so bad that I skipped it whenever I prestiged; the extended mag helps, but not by much; the only good place to use this thing is Pack-a-Punched in Zombies.

What I'm most proud of in a multiplayer game is that I took out an enemy Huey on my first Law shot when it was arriving on the map. I bet that pissed off the guy who called it in.

Edited by Wanzerfan

That's so much better than any of the other preview's they've had. As long as they promise you can turn off that extra active time sh!t, I'm all over this game.

Ohhh yeah!

I like how you have USAF pilots (Air Combat command patch) operating German Eurofighter Typhoons from US Navy Carriers. :rolleyes:

Edited by anime52k8

I like how you have USAF pilots (Air Combat command patch) operating German Eurofighter Typhoons from US Navy Carriers. :rolleyes:

Relax, it's a fantasy game. I didn't build the frakkin' thing.

And AC has always been fantasy based mixed with real world planes. Has any AC been accurate with details like that?

Edited by Gaijin

Relax, it's a fantasy game. I didn't build the frakkin' thing.

And AC has always been fantasy based mixed with real world planes. Has any AC been accurate with details like that?

Besides, it's not like we're nto all going to spam the game in F-14's once they're unlocked. Damn I hope they have online multiplayer in this one.

Besides, it's not like we're nto all going to spam the game in F-14's once they're unlocked. Damn I hope they have online multiplayer in this one.

Haha, what MW'er would do that? :lol:

I remember in AC5, I pretty much hardly used anything else. B))

Yawn:

Country A attacks Country B, wins because the former has super flying fortress.

Country B retreats to a base in a tiny corner of the map

Country A sends bombers to said base, your first mission starts, super-ace who can pull monster G's without blacking out makes his debut.

Country B's Air Force slowly advances.

Country A uses super-weapon

Country B realizes that super-weapon has to go down.

Country B destroys super-weapon

Country B keeps advancing

Country B liberates its capital

Country A ... YEP U GUESSED IT, ANOTHER SUPERWEAPON

Country B's ace pilot flies into a trench

AWACS: War is bad mmmkay?

Namco: Buy our overpriced Itasha Idolmaster planes and replay the game.

The End.

Yawn:

Country A attacks Country B, wins because the former has super flying fortress.

Country B retreats to a base in a tiny corner of the map

Country A sends bombers to said base, your first mission starts, super-ace who can pull monster G's without blacking out makes his debut.

Country B's Air Force slowly advances.

Country A uses super-weapon

Country B realizes that super-weapon has to go down.

Country B destroys super-weapon

Country B keeps advancing

Country B liberates its capital

Country A ... YEP U GUESSED IT, ANOTHER SUPERWEAPON

Country B's ace pilot flies into a trench

AWACS: War is bad mmmkay?

Namco: Buy our overpriced Itasha Idolmaster planes and replay the game.

The End.

Thanks GT. You got me all excited to play it now!

Maybe I'll replay Assault Skies on the PSP...

I'll see your DS Ace Combat and raise you a new Assault Horizon Ace Combat trailer. :)

Ohhh yeah!

"Wood you got'em? They must be close I'm getting a hard on!!!" :D Jokes aside, does anybody know if there are any pre-order goodies for the game, and if so what are they?

Edited by aerocombatpilot

:gasp: An enemy ace that flies a Super Flanker?!?! Man, how new/exciting for the Ace Combat series...

PS--seriously, those are some CLOSE range missile launches...

"He's too close for missiles, I'm switching to guns!" :p

It's the in your face, COD action that everyone wants to emulate now. That said, it does look exciting to play, departure that it is in that area.

:gasp: An enemy ace that flies a Super Flanker?!?! Man, how new/exciting for the Ace Combat series...

PS--seriously, those are some CLOSE range missile launches...

That's also a lot of missiles to be fired at 1 target...