Bandai 1/60 Scale DX VF-27 Thread

KiriK

Hey, I'd pay someone for that... (it's still mind-boggling that of all the merchandise that anime shows normally get, and the type of 1:6 figure/statues that are normally made in Japan--that there's NOTHING out there for flightsuit Grace)

Yeah, kinda glad I didn't feel the urge to get one of these now. That mix of greens just isn't right, not to mention the flat pilot. dry.gif

Brera never needed stickers, so I have no idea what they changed. Maybe they included stickers to replace the paint when it falls off? tongue.gif

Edited by Chronocidal

Any box pics? Curious to see whether it says "Mass Production Type" like the model kit and 1/250 scale toy, or actually says "Grace type" or something like that.

Anyway, it looks nice.

I'm gussing the missing stickers may be for the tail numbers.

Graham

Found one box pic online at Yahoo Japan Auctions. Can somebody translate if it says "Mass Production type" (as I've been saying all along), or "Grace type", as many others have been saying?

A big "Told You So" in advance, if it does say Mass Production Type :p

Graham

post-11-127691552692_thumb.jpg

Just got mine last night. Seems like a very nice toy.

There are two pilots, one Brera-style purple, and one green one. They are from identical molds.

As for the shades of green, to be honest, I didn't notice it until this morning when I looked properly at the photographs I took last night. Looking at the toy, both last night and this morning, I cannot see any difference at all.

The box says "Grace O'Connor/standard type", and that is how it has been advertised all along.

I'm going to play around with it a bit more and post my impressions later, but overall I'm finding that it's a very nice toy. The only thing is the price tag... really not enough here or the monies, especially when you consider that with the VF25G (the only other DX I have) you got so much more for less. Of course, that toy is just a flimsy pile of silly putty, though, so I guess Bandai are just charging you for "quality" this time? Who knows.

EDIT -- I had totally forgotten it was supposed to come with stickers. I'm one of those that didn't get any, which hopefully means that they should be on the way soon. I can't see where I would use them, though.

EDIT 2 -- Oh yeah, you get two pilots, but you can only fit one into the cockpit at a time. That's a pet peeve. Since you can't see anything from the outside I guess it's not a big deal, though.

post-1318-127691774098_thumb.jpg

post-1318-127691775254_thumb.jpg

Edited by Renato

Yeah, but the color difference is always more noticable in online photos and less so in person.

Graham

Well, for me, it is also clearly noticeable in person.

The color difference on my Luca annoys me so much that I have to leave the super packs on to make the difference less noticeable.

It may not just be lighting and could be attributed to different batches of plastics use which may have left some less noticeable than others. My Brera VF-27 that I got when it first came out was nearly perfect in color matching. The second one I got a month or so later clearly had darker parts on some pieces such as the chest piece on the 2nd being darker than on my 1st.

Describe the pilots, please. Same as what comes with Brera's? Same paint colors?

There was a photo in one of the posts above mine. I don't have Brera's, so I can't compare, sorry. I imagine it would be the same.

Since you can't see anything from the outside I guess it's not a big deal, though.

This. I don't see what the big deal is if the pilot figure doesn't have boobs, the plane has an opaque canopy, you can't see the pilot anyways.

I could kind of see this being a issue if it had a big clear canopy like a VF-1 or something but this one? and even on a toy where you can see the pilot, why does it need to have boobs? I'm all for big breast on toys but does it really matter on a figure that's less than an inch long and just a tiny accessory for another toy anyways?

I personally like to display my valks in fighter mode, with 'everything opened up'---airbrakes, canopies, etc. Thus, I like having the correct pilot. (Milia only gets a proper mold like 1/2 of the time--I'm still surprised they molded a Nora figure)

I would prefer a pilot that looks like Grace, but it's not a deal-breaker for me and it's not going to bother me.

As for the different shades of green, I assume it's going to be like every other green toy that people have freaked out over where I can't see any difference in person.

I would prefer a pilot that looks like Grace, but it's not a deal-breaker for me and it's not going to bother me.

As for the different shades of green, I assume it's going to be like every other green toy that people have freaked out over where I can't see any difference in person.

Agreed I dont see any problems with Lucas RVF, mine looks fine to me and thats what matters.

Must...Have...Green VF-27!!!!!

Damn, that baby looks nice!! It's nice that Bandai adds the supportstruts for the foldbooster though, now if the fold booster would have been readiliy available as well...

BTW, are those standard Bandai stands? Looks nice!

Damn, that baby looks nice!! It's nice that Bandai adds the supportstruts for the foldbooster though, now if the fold booster would have been readiliy available as well...

fold boosters is a bonus that comes with the VF-27beta

Some great photos that u can find the Toysdaily...

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-130629-1-1.html

Thanks for the link. Hey, it DOES say "Grace O'Connor custom" on the box:

MK2C1616.jpg

Actually, it says "Grace O'Connor custom/normal type". Which is kinda misleading--it can't be both normal AND custom (nor even normal OR custom), as implied by the slash. It should be more like "Grace's slightly customized version of the normal type".

Thanks for the link. Hey, it DOES say "Grace O'Connor custom" on the box:

MK2C1616.jpg

Actually, it says "Grace O'Connor custom/normal type". Which is kinda misleading--it can't be both normal AND custom (nor even normal OR custom), as implied by the slash. It should be more like "Grace's slightly customized version of the normal type".

If you put a sticker of whatever number Grace was on the toy, then it's a Grace custom. :p

Like how it looks. Really like the stand too...wish it wasn't an exclusive.....freaking bandai <_<

Chris

I wonder how a VF-27 would look with a classic Dobber paint scheme... :wub:

Edited by Vostok 7

Even if the animation shows them as completely identical (see in particular episode #17)

Page 2 and 3 of this thread discusses that issue (or at least I do). :) In short---they were too cheap to model up a new CG head for 10 secs of animation of a way-in-the-background valk. Kind of like how the one cannon-fodder VF-25 with armor, clearly has Michael's armor--since it was only seen for 2 secs, if that.

Gah, I just realized they "re-forgot" a stripe---Brera's is missing it, but the prototype pics of Grace's (both early and later pics) had it added back on---but the final production toy is missing it again!

Hard to describe, but it's the "hip gun panel". The dark stripe that tapers as it goes back is missing--but it was there in earlier pics! :angry:

Gah, I just realized they "re-forgot" a stripe---Brera's is missing it, but the prototype pics of Grace's (both early and later pics) had it added back on---but the final production toy is missing it again!

Hard to describe, but it's the "hip gun panel". The dark stripe that tapers as it goes back is missing--but it was there in earlier pics! :angry:

That annoyed me quite a bit too for Brera's. I wonder how it goes missing when it's on the version they used on the box art.

I ended up just painting it myself on mine based on how it looked on the box art. It's not quite right still because the stripes on the chest are too thin compared to the animation art so it doesn't meet up where it should with the hip gun stripe, but it's better than the stripe just suddenly ending at the chest piece.

post-10222-127716339254_thumb.jpg

post-10222-127716339675_thumb.jpg

Found one box pic online at Yahoo Japan Auctions. Can somebody translate if it says "Mass Production type" (as I've been saying all along), or "Grace type", as many others have been saying?

A big "Told You So" in advance, if it does say Mass Production Type :p

Graham

it actually says both

Got my VF-27 Grace today and it looks like all the same shade of green to me. I'm guessing once I snap a few pics I'll see a variation, but my naked eye can't see it.

I haven't transformed it yet, but so far the QC looks great. I'm really tempted to drag a fingernail across the paint on the nose to see if it scratches off as easily as the Brera, but I'll wait to see if that happens during transformation.

The fold booster is gorgeous. The pink and clear green plastic go really nicely with the green plastic on the 27. Too bad it doesn't light up though. :p

I'll try to get some pics up tonight.

Edited by eriku