Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.7

logos

the tornado parts are compatible with the vf 25s first edition???

<_<

Yup. I put the parts on my old VF-25 instead of the new one that came with the giftset. Everything seems to fit just nicely except for the stupid stand.

Oh, so it's not that it's a bad thing that the tornado parts are compatible, more just a bad thing that something else isn't compatible. I think it's only the fold drive that doesn't work... isn't that right?

i ask jenius because some fast packs are not compatible with the first edition of the vf 25 by the way thanks Muzaffar i would like to see some pics

I'll put the pics up in the photo thread as soon as I can find the time.

• 3 months later...

The VF25-G is allready in preorder on HLJ:

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN966823

Rerelease of Brera stern Custom VF-27 Lucifer too

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN958455

Tornado pack or not, that 25G is definitely not worth that price. As for the 27, I got mine for about $145 from HLJ a few weeks ago and they still had a bunch of stock even after that. Is there something different about the re-released 27? Cause it doesn't look like it...

Edited by pud333

Tornado pack or not, that 25G is definitely not worth that price. As for the 27, I got mine for about $145 from HLJ a few weeks ago and they still had a bunch of stock even after that. Is there something different about the re-released 27? Cause it doesn't look like it...

i'm wondering more if there is something different with the 25G ie. updates or improvements on the main valk. did they change anything on the alto tornado? also, why would the 25G Tornado be Y2,500 more expensive than the alto tornado? more attachments? i recall the alto tornado had 2 different releases of tornado parts. presumably the 25G will have both sets? maybe i'm hoping for too much.

i'm very interested in this release since i don't have a 25G yet (but ironically, already have the Galia Fold set). nearly pulled the trigger on a 25G on ebay a few days ago.

also, why would the 25G Tornado be Y2,500 more expensive than the alto tornado? more attachments? i recall the alto tornado had 2 different releases of tornado parts. presumably the 25G will have both sets? maybe i'm hoping for too much.

Yes this one come with the missile box attachment to the Tornado pack, in blue.

• 3 weeks later...

For display pieces, they're nice.

But if you want to play with your valk-I mean, handle your valk, then they're not so great.

I guess most peeps are using them for MISB or for display, so they probably don't care about the sub-par engineering. But for me, that's a lot of dough, and I won't be getting one until they are corrected.

I'm kind of surprised to hear about issues for the Bandai Valks. Normally I hear about Yamato. Luckily I haven't had anything break on a yammmy other than the small needle like protrusion on the rear stabilizer on the 0 when I pulled it from the box and seam fit issues. But for the most part my MF valks have remained undamaged, except one which had oil, finger prints on the paint and a very yellow canopy but the seller refunded me and I was ok. I dont play with my collection but I do once in a while take them out of the display case and take careful steps NOT to break them. Yes out of frustration I threw one of my valks against a wall, but overall I had amazing luck with the MF valks. I wanted the G over any other variants but because of the price point I got the armored Ozuma and Alto and Luca. None of them have issues. Mind you I have only transformed them once. Also the Mac Quart. has no issues and my Monster is on the way which according to the MW members seems more solid than my yamato one .

So if there are issues with MF valks what are they. DO they plaque the G only. I am considering this purchase because it includes both parts of the tornado pack

it's mostly just the batch of Armored VF-25S that has problems w/ breaking plastic joints... the joints that connect the chest to the shoulder and to the back plate, and the joints for the wings. and yeah, the DX 25s are only really good for display... near to zero playability and very high possibility of aggravation when transforming/handling them. good thing for me i don't get to handle my toys much these days... :mellow:

I'm kind of surprised to hear about issues for the Bandai Valks. Normally I hear about Yamato. Luckily I haven't had anything break on a yammmy other than the small needle like protrusion on the rear stabilizer on the 0 when I pulled it from the box and seam fit issues. But for the most part my MF valks have remained undamaged, except one which had oil, finger prints on the paint and a very yellow canopy but the seller refunded me and I was ok. I dont play with my collection but I do once in a while take them out of the display case and take careful steps NOT to break them. Yes out of frustration I threw one of my valks against a wall, but overall I had amazing luck with the MF valks. I wanted the G over any other variants but because of the price point I got the armored Ozuma and Alto and Luca. None of them have issues. Mind you I have only transformed them once. Also the Mac Quart. has no issues and my Monster is on the way which according to the MW members seems more solid than my yamato one .

So if there are issues with MF valks what are they. DO they plaque the G only. I am considering this purchase because it includes both parts of the tornado pack

I only have the 22S regular, and the things I loathed about it are the easily scratched off paint apps and the fact that the toy gets loose very quickly over time. This annoys the hell out of me. Ever handled a worn down G1 Transformer? That's what it feels like. I did hear that Alto's Tornado Messiah isn't as bad, but nonetheless, there are other things that annoy me. Now mind you, I don't mind the sculpt, but I hate how the shoulder cannot move outwards much from the shoulder armor. Instead, the entire shoulder block moves, which looks weird. The torso connection loosens up, rendering the waist swivel redundant. There are no thigh swivels, making battroid mode articulation disappointing, leaving the gerwalk mode even more so.

The DX VF-27 has more shoulder articulation from the shoulder armor/pads, thigh swivels, and better landing gear, it's a step in the right direction and was designed by FLEX, from Bandai's Hobby Division as opposed to Tamashii, their Collector's Division. A DX VF-25 redesign or all new design by FLEX/Hobby Division would be preferred by me.

I have a VF25F, I think it's a first edition, it had no FAST packs or armor or anything. I gotta say, I wasn't very impressed. The landing gear was kinda chintsy, and the transformation was unwieldy. It looked better in the show. It's bulky even through it's really skeletal looking, it's weird. Also I dislike the amount of kibble on the back, it makes it look like a transformer, and not a clean battroid as I have come to expect from Macross. Still though it does have a cool looking fighter mode, which is where it stays most of the time.

I have a VF25F, I think it's a first edition, it had no FAST packs or armor or anything. I gotta say, I wasn't very impressed. The landing gear was kinda chintsy, and the transformation was unwieldy. It looked better in the show. It's bulky even through it's really skeletal looking, it's weird. Also I dislike the amount of kibble on the back, it makes it look like a transformer, and not a clean battroid as I have come to expect from Macross. Still though it does have a cool looking fighter mode, which is where it stays most of the time.

Really as opposed to the Armpit Gap of Nothingness on the VF-1 which took almost a decade to figure out a perfect transformation? Give me a couple of hours to take a photo of my Armored Ozuma and My 1/48 VF-1 Anniversary armored and lets compare the two toys. I think a lot of people here a just too blindly loyal to Break-alot-yamato.

Thing is, Bandai had already engineered a very accurate VF-25---in 1/72 scale. The 1/60 is so inferior, it's mind-boggling. Toy vs model alone doesn't explain the differences, especially in the face of the VF-27.

Hence another reason why FLEX/Bandai Hobby Division should redesign or make a new DX VF-25 from scratch, as they worked on the DX VF-27 and the models are all by Bandai's Hobby Division.

Really as opposed to the Armpit Gap of Nothingness on the VF-1 which took almost a decade to figure out a perfect transformation? Give me a couple of hours to take a photo of my Armored Ozuma and My 1/48 VF-1 Anniversary armored and lets compare the two toys. I think a lot of people here a just too blindly loyal to Break-alot-yamato.

haha, go for it.

Hence another reason why FLEX/Bandai Hobby Division should redesign or make a new DX VF-25 from scratch, as they worked on the DX VF-27 and the models are all by Bandai's Hobby Division.

Agreed. They did an admirable job on salvaging the basic design of the DX 25 with the 27 but really, the 25 just needs to be redesigned from the ground up. There's very little to it that's salvageable.

Agreed. They did an admirable job on salvaging the basic design of the DX 25 with the 27 but really, the 25 just needs to be redesigned from the ground up. There's very little to it that's salvageable.

I know I am one of the minorities who doesn't like the DX VF-27 enough. While the DX VF-27 is a major improvement over the VF-25, it is still not up to my expectation to Bandai products (MF models, other toy lines), or Yamato quality of design (not their QC). I too think that it needs to be re-designed all over.

The armpit doesn't bother me. The latest Bandai Hi-Metal has nothing under the armpit either. And I'll choose the 1/48 VF-1 Armored (how many years ago it was first released?) over the 1/60 VF-25S Armored any day.

I know I am one of the minorities who doesn't like the DX VF-27 enough. While the DX VF-27 is a major improvement over the VF-25, it is still not up to my expectation to Bandai products (MF models, other toy lines), or Yamato quality of design (not their QC). I too think that it needs to be re-designed all over.

The armpit doesn't bother me. The latest Bandai Hi-Metal has nothing under the armpit either. And I'll choose the 1/48 VF-1 Armored (how many years ago it was first released?) over the 1/60 VF-25S Armored any day.

notice I said "salvage". It's still a long ways off from other modern toys.

I'm still relatively new to collecting macross toys so, bear with me. I am partial to yamato, because they make the valks I like. I've had reasonably good luck with them, save for the weak right shoulder on my vf0a. Yamato is my measuring stick. That said, I still like my vf-25f, if I didn't I'd have sold it. All I was trying to say is, that of all my valks, it has the most complexity, and the transformation seemed cumbersome, as I had only dealt with the vf0 and vf1. It is still more complex than the vf11, that said, it is still the most solid toy in my collection. The up side is it feels substantial, and I'm not worried about breakage. Pose-ability is about average for most of my collection, the most pose able toy I have is the vf11. If I had fast packs the toy might be higher on my list of favorites, as that would offset the wing kibble. Or if Kawamori-san had gone along the lines of the vf-19 for the wings, I don't know it might have felt cooler. Still I'm pleased with it, at least the gunpod stays straight, right? :)

I haven't had time to take the photos yet but I'm shocked that so many people hate the design of the 25. Its a pretty bird. So when I hear it needs to be totally redesigned from the ground up care to share your thoughts? I do agree the 27 is a nicer build in terms of fit and I didnt know the two teams. Why oh Why did bandai let Tamishi make them I have no idea cause in general outside of the GFFMC I dont think they make anything nice. I hope they give the brand to FLEX full time.

But when I try to transform my Yammy Valks they seem more delicate and you need to be extra careful with them NOT to break the plastic around the pegs. Bandai had the right idea in mind when they used Metal for the joints. So far I have transformed my VF 25 Valks more often with no visible stress fractures KNOCK ON WOOD.

One thing I would like them to improve is the landing gear and have some sort of slide shield or attachment to protect the canopy. As for flaking off the decals I have no issues with those either as I have added a very thin coat of Nail-polish on one of them and Clear Coat UV protector on the others. The VF 27 was a big improvement I agree. As for the High Metal armpit gaps ok but I dont like part formers that much. Although I am getting giddi over the VF-19 Fire Valk Yamato Release. When's it due?

I haven't had time to take the photos yet but I'm shocked that so many people hate the design of the 25. Its a pretty bird. So when I hear it needs to be totally redesigned from the ground up care to share your thoughts? I do agree the 27 is a nicer build in terms of fit and I didnt know the two teams. Why oh Why did bandai let Tamishi make them I have no idea cause in general outside of the GFFMC I dont think they make anything nice. I hope they give the brand to FLEX full time.

It's perfectly fine for you to like it, no offense. :p Just my personal opinions:

- Chunky chunky chunky.

- The joints (especially the leg joints and the crouch) get floppy real fast (I have 4 VF-25's BTW).

- You get different shades of colors on the valk. Espeically on my Luca RVF-25. You can see different shades of green easily.

- Neck problem. If they ever have one!

- Super parts and Armor parts seem to be aftersight to me.

- Not very poseable in Gerwalk mode. One can do better if he tweaks about (not locking in the designed positions), but it was a bad design.

- Not very poseable in Battroid mode, especially after you put on the Super parts. The leg armors hinder the knee joint movement.

- There are also minor (to me) issues such as bad landing gear, terrible pilot figure, gunpod requiring an attacher, etc.

- Chunky chunky chunky.

I actually think it is okay in fighter mode.

As a side note, the Yammies are quite sturdy according to experience. Besides some design flaws (exploding shoulders), of course. My 1/60 VF-1S dropped from 5 feet onto the ground (twice) and not even the head laser suffered any damage.

To be clear, we don't hate the VF-25 per se. Rather, we are less than satisfied with Bandai's take on it.

I actually rank the mech design of VF-25 up there right after VF-1 in my personal preference. :)

It's perfectly fine for you to like it, no offense. :p Just my personal opinions:

- Chunky chunky chunky.

- The joints (especially the leg joints and the crouch) get floppy real fast (I have 4 VF-25's BTW).

- You get different shades of colors on the valk. Espeically on my Luca RVF-25. You can see different shades of green easily.

- Neck problem. If they ever have one!

- Super parts and Armor parts seem to be aftersight to me.

- Not very poseable in Gerwalk mode. One can do better if he tweaks about (not locking in the designed positions), but it was a bad design.

- Not very poseable in Battroid mode, especially after you put on the Super parts. The leg armors hinder the knee joint movement.

- There are also minor (to me) issues such as bad landing gear, terrible pilot figure, gunpod requiring an attacher, etc.

- Chunky chunky chunky.

I actually think it is okay in fighter mode.

As a side note, the Yammies are quite sturdy according to experience. Besides some design flaws (exploding shoulders), of course. My 1/60 VF-1S dropped from 5 feet onto the ground (twice) and not even the head laser suffered any damage.

I actually rank the mech design of VF-25 up there right after VF-1 in my personal preference. :)

I agree, I've not had any durability issues with my yammies either, my vf0a took a tumble from about 4 ft, and landed on the bad shoulder. No damage, leg popped off, but that was easily remedied by popping it back on the nub. My concerns with the vf-25 were quite expertly stated by ff95gj.

I find it kind of odd when people say that the VF-25/27 has a complicated/difficult transformation. admittedly I've only got the 27 but the transformation is pretty similar, and I don't find it to be any more difficult to transform than the VF-11. The current v.2 1/60 isn't that much easier, and the VF-22 is Much more complex and fiddly.

I try to only handle my VF-25 toys on the areas that have no markings.

Graham

That has to be my biggest area of praise, I haven't had any issues with degraded markings. Maybe I haven't had it long enough, or something. My valk is almost as pristine as the day it came out of the box. Save for the dust.