Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.7

logos

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone been having major problems with their VF-27s? So far, the only major complaints Ive read are for the 25. Bandai is re releasing the VF-27 late February and Id like to get one if there are no major issues for this mold. Thanks.

http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english&vgForm=ProductInfo&sku=TOY-RBT-1004&template=default/product/e_display.html

Has anyone been having major problems with their VF-27s? So far, the only major complaints Ive read are for the 25. Bandai is re releasing the VF-27 late February and Id like to get one if there are no major issues for this mold. Thanks.

http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english&vgForm=ProductInfo&sku=TOY-RBT-1004&template=default/product/e_display.html

paint flakes off at the slightest touch; all the joints become spontaneously loose over time; plastic is greasy and covered in swirly scratches strait out of the box; and the paint and plastic colors don't match. also there are missing paint aps.

Ok, so got a VF-25 DX earlier this week, a few things. I'm happy to have the toy. There are many cool/good things about it and many bad things about it. First thing I did was gently wash it with dish-soap and water to remove any mold-release oil still on the toy.

Good:

=====

Shoulder mechanism

Good amount of diecast

Good looking/locked plane mode

Decent battroid mode

It comes with a stand

Internal landing gear

Bad:

====

Floppy backpack, hips, shoulders

Crotch-locking mechanism is not "strong" enough (generally doesn't lock together well in any mode except plane)

The paint application is thin and scratches easily

Too many little tabs, things need to lock without tabs...tabs break...hello Yamato VB-6

Fast packs...heard of magnets Bandai??? Seriously, these things fall off WAY too easily

Weird little non-realistic landing gear

Plastic joints in the back are scary weak

and finally...

GERWALK...WTF was Bandai thinking? The legs need to be able to lock forward. The hips should lock in this mode. The back is totally floppy. The fast packs totally weigh down the back and I worry about the back joints with fast packs on. Overall this toy reminds me of the Yamato 1/72 VF-11B with a little more complicated transformation. GERWALK is a floppy mess. Battroid is floppy, but it has nothing on GERWALK. Nothing locks really well in GERWALK.

Personally, they need to make the swing bars METAL. The hips should have ratchet joints. The shoulders should have ratchet joints. This could fix the whole needing tabs issue.

So exactly what floor polish should I put on it? Anyone got a pick? I assume you don't want one with a lemon scent?

Edit:

Also...Bandai...where the **** is the cannon-fodder that I don't believe we saw in action?

Edited by easnoddy

Ok, so got a VF-25 DX earlier this week, a few things. I'm happy to have the toy. There are many cool/good things about it and many bad things about it. First thing I did was gently wash it with dish-soap and water to remove any mold-release oil still on the toy.

And you are still happy with the toy! :p

We MWers are easy to please.

BTW, I think the battroid mode look horrible. The fighter mode is okay to me. Maybe cuz I'm a battroid guy!

*Future* floor polish. Nothing else. It's very different from all others. See here: http://www.swannysmodels.com/TheCompleteFuture.html

Note that I think they very recently changed the bottle's look again.

I believe it's still Pledge with future shine.

you guys would actually risk using a chemical detergent on a toy of that cost.

Wow talk about financial meltdown in America whew

:lol:

It's an acrylic clear coat, sort of like tamiya clear but thinner and cheaper.

If Bandai released a DX VF-25S Klan version with Tornado pack, I would have to buy that it's my main mecha in Macross Triangle Frontier. I love the color scheme

Graham

wait, what? :huh:

Edited by anime52k8

wait, what? :huh:

it is seen in the new PSP game in triangular frontier...basically trying to make michael and klan more like the original macross blue red couple... it is a S type with red body, and with white and purplish stripes(need to check game, might actually take a snapshot for you later, if you want it)

it looks very nice...

EDIT: found a pic with the valk: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_UVRoF5dMi7U/TMHQsly0BgI/AAAAAAAAUZU/ui1pmF2tpBE/s1600/9.jpg

and fighter mode: http://www.fast-autos.net/diecast-cars-models/diecast-car-image-large/macross-1-250-fighter-collection-4-vf-25s-klan-chase_150525978354.jpg

i think the first photo tells us that we will get a klan klang 1/72 model?? the writing is too small for me to read..

by the way..so you guys are saying that the *future* floor polish is better than normal spray can clear coat?? man...i still think spray cans are easier to use...i guess..

Edited by GXPT2000

Future can be brushed on by hand to a smoother finish than many clear coats can be airbrushed. The difference is most noticeable when applied to a canopy or windshield.

I see....

although I don't seem to find any just yet....

maybe I should look harder XD

Good toys would boost an anime series' popularity..

I watched Kamen Rider because I am attracted by SIC and SHF. I watched FMP because of the Robot Spirit toys.

I feel sad because the VF-25 designs had good potential to be brilliant toys to bring in more eyeballs from the anime/ toy community. But the design was ruined on the DX line IMHO (personally I accept the VF100 line, but to the general public it is yet another failure for the VF-25 toys).

Of course it's sadder when a good product gets an undeserved discount, like the Macross Quarter.

Good that the VB-6 gets its credit.

I might actually buy that, it'll be my first VF-25 and honestly I like that color scheme the best and it looks pretty nice with the Tornado pack. I keep all my Macross/Mospeada/Robotech stuff in fighter mode so a subpar robot mode really doesn't bother me that much.

I might actually buy that, it'll be my first VF-25 and honestly I like that color scheme the best and it looks pretty nice with the Tornado pack. I keep all my Macross/Mospeada/Robotech stuff in fighter mode so a subpar robot mode really doesn't bother me that much.

It still have what I consider a major fault of VF-25G:

http://anymoon.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Michael-DX-4.jpg

Yeah short landing gear is a pet beef with me, from the MP Seekers to the Aoshima/Toynami Alpha's it's like the designers just tossed in the landing gear expecting most people to just use a stand or keep it in robot mode. Fortunately I think this release comes with a stand so I'll just use that otherwise I would probably pass on it since I don't want to spend the bucks to get a decent stand just to display this in fighter mode with the sniper rifle which Bandai clearly didn't give enough thought too with the stubby landing gear.

Honestly, I don't trust their stands one bit, they have the most head-scratchingly bizarre design I've ever seen. They work well enough in battroid, but the little two piece structure that has the tab tab for the Valk to rest on in the front just fails miserably for me in fighter mode. The two pieces never stay together (should they be glued?), and anything heavier than a clean fighter will pull the tab plate clean off the stand, and let the plane slip backwards right off of the rear support plate.

And for all it's problems, I'd actually say battroid turned out a heck of a lot better than fighter mode. <_<

Just got the vf-25g tornado from amiami, wow it's my first tornado, I am impressed looks just as cool, if not cooler than my armored vf-25, now I have to find the alto tornado, I got a question though what is the difference between the tamashii exclusive tornado parts vs the vf-25f giftset with the tornado parts? Thanks

Don't forget the VF-27. Besides some minor paint problems it's a great collectible toy.

Is there anything that can be done with the paint issues surrounding the 25 and the 27? I mean, one of my friends is an artist, and he use to do pencils. He would lightly mist hair spray over the art to prevent the led from smearing. I guess I'm talking about a sealant. Similar concept.

Someone mentioned Future in the modeling section here. I was thinking, if you seal the paint areas as a preemptive action to prevent pain chips.

But won't that product leave a high gloss on your 200 dollar toy? And, I guess that also means you'd have to coat the entire toy so the sealed sections don't stand out over the rest of the toy.

It stinks you have to take this into consideration when buying a 200 dollar toy.

Is there anything that can be done with the paint issues surrounding the 25 and the 27? I mean, one of my friends is an artist, and he use to do pencils. He would lightly mist hair spray over the art to prevent the led from smearing. I guess I'm talking about a sealant. Similar concept.

Someone mentioned Future in the modeling section here. I was thinking, if you seal the paint areas as a preemptive action to prevent pain chips.

But won't that product leave a high gloss on your 200 dollar toy? And, I guess that also means you'd have to coat the entire toy so the sealed sections don't stand out over the rest of the toy.

It stinks you have to take this into consideration when buying a 200 dollar toy.

Yes, Future is very glossy, but so is the plastic used in the DX toys anyway, so it's not a big deal to to coat the whole thing. You could then spray it with a semi-gloss or flat coat afterward if the gloss isn't desirable.

That's quick - released a few days ago, already 35% off:

10139366p.jpg

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10139366

teehee

Never delt with HS is it a reputable site. Im rather getting tired of getting customed to death by HLJ and Scott pretending like he cares.

Any reviews from members here about their service. Speed of shipment, Customer service etc?

teehee

Never delt with HS is it a reputable site. Im rather getting tired of getting customed to death by HLJ and Scott pretending like he cares.

Any reviews from members here about their service. Speed of shipment, Customer service etc?

I've ordered from Hs, hlj, od, ae, and amiami, and have not had any issues, except maybe from ae but

that got fixed quickly. Heck even ebaying something from Japan has been great. Can't say the same from

ordering anything from from hk <_<

Anyways. Ppl with vf-27's have your ankle locks gotten pretty weak when in battroid. I really don't like their

use of diecast on diecast friction joints like the shoulders and foot/ankle joint. It's just getting loose.