Prometheus - on Blu-Ray and DVD Oct. 9, 2012

In Alien the chestburster doesn't eat anything to grow into full size. For some reason that's never been a factor for growth. Actually you never really see a xenomorph eat. They cocoon their victims so it can gestate a new chestburster.

Yup. I consider it to be one of their highly honed survival traits-being able to grow to a fully capable organism in a short amount of time. The only time Xeno's have had to eat is in the AvP games which are obviously non-canon...

Yup. I consider it to be one of their highly honed survival traits-being able to grow to a fully capable organism in a short amount of time. The only time Xeno's have had to eat is in the AvP games which are obviously non-canon...

Too bad the guy left in charge of the AVP wiki thinks all comics, videogames, movies, and dvds are the same canon(even the crazy s*** that contradicts itself) and is actively trying to squash anything that says otherwise. Check out the talk pages for space jockey, prometheus, and the various weyland things. Its essentially turned into a giant mess with lessons in dictatorship.

Keep in mind this is also the same guy(riverjack) that got repeatedly banned from rt.com, and here once so that should say something. Seto Kaiba's also familiar with him. The funny thing is his rampant paranoia is getting the better of him with him thinking I'm this guy called "14th" that's calling him out. The funniest thing is I've never actually gotten involved in editing anything I just read his ramblings for abject amusement.

Edited by renegadeleader1

• 1 month later...

Should anyone be interested...

Deleted scenes to be included on the video release:

00:02:31:16 (ARRIVAL OF THE ENGINEERS) (DELETED SCENE)

00:00:58:05 (T’IS THE SEASON) (DELETED SCENE)

00:00:42:08 (OUR FIRST ALIEN) (DELETED SCENE)

00:00:42:14 (SKIN) (DELETED SCENE)

00:01:22:01 (WE’RE NOT ALONE ANYMORE) (DELETED SCENE)

00:02:57:01 (STRANGE BEDFELLOWS) (DELETED SCENE)

00:01:25:04 (HOLLOWAY HUNGOVER) (DELETED SCENE)

00:00:23:12 (DAVID’S OBJECTIVE) (DELETED SCENE)

00:03:27:07 (JANEK FILLS VICKERS IN) (DELETED SCENE)

00:03:40:12 (A KING HAS HIS REIGN) (DELETED SCENE)

00:02:01:24 (FITFIELD ATTACKS) (DELETED SCENE)

00:04:06:06 (THE ENGINEER SPEAKS) (DELETED SCENE)

00:05:30:04 (FINAL BATTLE) (DELETED SCENE)

00:05:05:19 (PARADISE) (DELETED SCENE)

source: PROMETHEUS Deleted Scenes Total Nearly 40 Minutes Of Additional Footage

hmm... well ill wait for it on TV. After seeing how much they intentionally leaked, between all our speculation over the past year and what resulted from the movie, i can actually wait for the 'final' product. I wonder if the retards in Hollywood are thinking along the same lines as TV producers, Authors and the USPS: Why waste time going to see a sh*tty movie that comes out when you can go watch it on Youtube/Netflix/Read a PDF you got from Amazon/send a email... Progress is one term folks with $ in hand say to others (without) to explain why somethings grow and others die, leaving us with unemployment and empty properties...

Sorry. Im in a ranting mood. I am curious to see what they didnt include in their otherwise sh*tty movie, LOL...

In Alien the chestburster doesn't eat anything to grow into full size. For some reason that's never been a factor for growth. Actually you never really see a xenomorph eat. They cocoon their victims so it can gestate a new chestburster.

Sorry, gotta call a logical foul on this.

That the movies never show a xenomorph sitting down to a nutritious breakfast to grow big and strong is no evidence whatsoever that they don't eat.

You never see Ripley go to the bathroom through any of the movies she was in, or anyone else for that matter, yet this is no reason to assume that "number 1" and "number 2" have been done away with in the Alien universe.

The little squidbaby from Prometheus bugs me too. No available food source, it remained locked in that tiny medical lab, yet it grew larger than three engineers and a full grown xenomorph and the Prius they all cram into to carpool to work.

That was a minor quibble compared to how overly convoluted the steps from "alien goop" to "proto-xenomorph" was. A part of what grounded the first two Alien movies (haven't seen the third since the 90's so no-comment) was how simple and sensible the xenomorph life cycle was. There was nothing that took you out of the movie going, "Wait, why did it...how did it...what?"

In Prometheus it starts out as a jam, then it's a drink mixer, then it's an eye tentacle, then it's an STD, then it's a snake, then it's a zombie, then its a squidbaby, then it's the squid alien from the end of Watchmen, then it's a toothless xenomorph with no chestburster stage which threatens to gum you to death as it desperately tries to drive home how this is a prequel.

Sorry gotta call foul on you foul. I stated that logically, there was no one left for him to eat. Every character on the Nostromo was accounted for before he became full size. Stating some ridiculous claim about Ripley's cornholio doesn't support or deconstruct my statement.

Sorry gotta call foul on you foul. I stated that logically, there was no one left for him to eat. Every character on the Nostromo was accounted for before he became full size. Stating some ridiculous claim about Ripley's cornholio doesn't support or deconstruct my statement.

You're working under the assumption that Humanmeatcakes are the only things xenomorphs eat. The Alien chestburster was loose with access to the entire ship. We know they had food for the crew aboard. Sorry, but that's two fouls on you.

i think you're the one making the assumptions there. Why would it not eat his kills? It prefers processed food? lol. Keep taking tallies on my made up fouls on your account. Maybe your fan fiction will have me on time out.

i think you're the one making the assumptions there. Why would it not eat his kills? It prefers processed food? lol.

Um...I never said anything remotely like that.

You stated that the chestburster could not have eaten anything because all of the humans were accounted for.

I pointed out this is a logical fallacy because you are assuming the human crew is the only thing the chestburster could have eaten.

At no point do I so much as imply that it doesn't eat what it kills or that it prefers anything.

Keep taking tallies on my made up fouls on your account. Maybe your fan fiction will have me on time out.

I'm just pointing out logical fallacies and explaining why they're faulty logic.

You're the only one writing fanfiction here. Please don't add me as a character! :p

Alright, I'll concede to the fact that the chestburster took time off on its killing spree to scrounge up packed food in the mess hall. Something the whole crew missed or maybe it's as insignificant as taking a dump in space that no one bothered to take account fr it on screen. :rolleyes:

So what did the c-section alien eat to get to be that size in the sealed off operating room? placenta?

Alright, I'll concede to the fact that the chestburster took time off on its killing spree to scrounge up packed food in the mess hall. Something the whole crew missed or maybe it's as insignificant as taking a dump in space that no one bothered to take account fr it on screen. :rolleyes:

I'm saying it is that insignificant, yes.

We know the chestburster was loose on the ship, we don't know how long. When we see it later it's the size of a human adult. We really don't need to see it stealing Cheetos and Pepsi from the ship's pantry to fill in the blank. Maybe it ate something to grow as big as it did, maybe it didn't. The important part is that the movie leaves it as a possibility so you really can't say it's beyond disbelief when we see the adult sized xeno later. Even if it didn't eat anything, the size difference between the chest burster and the adult xenomorph is far less drastic than the squidbaby and the monstrously large tentacle beast that faceraped the engineer.

So what did the c-section alien eat to get to be that size in the sealed off operating room? placenta?

That's a good question, isn't it?

I always kinda figured that:

a) historically, the purpose of the the Ship's Catâ„¢ was to hunt the mice and rats that would stow away on sea bearing vessels

b) the Nostromo had Jones, the Ship's Cat of the Future!â„¢

c) ergo, the Nostromo likely had rats or mice. Perhaps Space Rats. So Kane's chestburster might've hunted down some of these guys to grow to full size.

We really don't need to see it stealing Cheetos and Pepsi from the ship's pantry to fill in the blank.

But I like the mental image of this much better!

Edited by Kelsain

I always kinda figured that:

c) ergo, the Nostromo likely had rats or mice. Perhaps Space Rats. So Kane's chestburster might've hunted down some of these guys to grow to full size.

Unless the rodents had their own miniature stasis/sleep chambers I'd imagine any onboard died pretty early on in the voyage.

Unless the rodents had their own miniature stasis/sleep chambers I'd imagine any onboard died pretty early on in the voyage.

rats will practice cannibalism and I'm sure there were plenty of bugs on board. I doubt a bunch of red neck space jockies on board a space tug boat would be particularly worried about cleanliness.

In the privacy of my head I explain away the Prometheus bug-uglies as nanotech. They start out as goo and adapt to the circumstances. You don't see the med-lab after the giant squid bursts out, but it assimilated all the wiring behind the wall panels. Honest.

The Alien xenomorph metamorphosis is actually harder to deal with, unless it still works on the nanotech goo principle of its ancestors.

Not really.

That the goo is nanotech is a leap as it is not mentioned at all. Not only do you never see anything assimilated, but as a plot device it never comes up at all. Sure, you could explain it away like that, but it's so far removed from what the movie presents the viewer with that it falls purely into the realm of fan fiction.

Also, if it were a nanotech machine designed to spit out xenomorphs, why wouldn't it just go straight to that from the beginning? You wouldn't need all these contrived, and conflicting, in-between stages.

He didn't have brain cancer. I almost made the Arnold Joke there but then decided not to. That bridge is pretty close to where I live. Just took it the other day to the DYRL screening. Sucks. He produced this movie as part of Scott Free Production.

Just because TMZ is debunking that story doesn't mean it isn't true. He may have well had it but no one knows.

• 3 weeks later...