Official Bandai DX Chogokin VB-6 König Monster Thread

Funkenstein

Does this help?

images.jpg

thanks, pud. i guess that confirms nose art and eyes are mutually exclusive.

i'm having second thoughts about applying stickers on the other side. can't understand why bandai didn't make the nose art stickers as mirror images like they did with the eyes.

or i just might apply the eye on the other side and make it a one-eyed-sheryl-fan-pirate monster :D

or then again, i'll probably just leave it blank.

those who have experience making decals, is it possible to make one for this? i'm thinking the off-white ice cream might be a problem.

Well I got mine in the mail today. I transformed it to the best mode, Monster, and it's got a simple transformation. I thought the nose art featured Ranka not Sheryl, either way it's nice, just wish it was a mirror image instead. The box is really small, I expected it to be bigger. It came bundled with the stand and a shiny transparency with Sheryl on it. I did something wrong in the transformation so it stands a little lopsided. It's all plastic on the outside, all the diecast is in the frame. I wish it had adjustable barrels instead of being fixed. Barrels aren't hollow in case some of you were curious. I was afraid of getting another VF-25-like piece of junk. I've decided not to transform it to Destroido since I prefer Monster the best of out all.

Nope, just the standard edition Konig, not even the special one. I don't understand why it costs so much to ship with SAL even with the big boxes, considering that I had Yamato and Bandai valks shipped from Amiami before using EMS that was around that price.

Same situation here. I also pre-ordered the standard version. SAL (not small package) shipping is 4080 Yen. I asked about EMS, it is 4280 Yen. For 200 Yen more, I went with EMS instead. Packing is one thing that hlj is definitely better than amiami. hlj's shipping estimate is usually dead on and they would use the proper size boxes. I ordered a VF-27 at amiami with another small item when they had the 50% off shipping. They used a box so huge that the packing peanuts filled up almost 3 trash bags! Consider hlj selling for full price and no SAL shipping (value > 15000 Yen), it is still cheaper to buy at amiami.

Yeah, it does look vaguely like it's a UN Spacy white scheme. And no mouth! I'm not sure about those guns, but I think it's a given that Bandai will release this variation too, at some point. Hope it's not exclusive... :unsure:

Edited by Renato

Just got mine.

It's so small light and plasticky. :(

haul72.jpg

haul73.jpg

I'll be playing with this one for a few more days before I give a verdict. :D

Is it really to scale with those non scale RD Messias or is bandai taking us for fools with this non scale offering of theirs?

I don't have RD Messia's with me at the moment.

Just got mine.

haul72.jpg

haul73.jpg

Is it really to scale with those non scale RD Messias or is bandai taking us for fools with this non scale offering of theirs?

sorry for the nooby quesetion but do the bra and watch are part of the toy?

Just got mine.

haul72.jpg

haul73.jpg

I can see a bra, energy drink and a box of tissue in the corner... :p

I thought this DX Monster suppose to be heavy?! (some people has comment it is not light weight)

Edited by macrossnake

Just got mine.

haul72.jpg

haul73.jpg

Unlike the DX VFs, you don't need tissues in playing with the Monster. :p

Oh, I can see that you always keep your MONSTER in a PLASTIC BAG when you are having fun with it.

Edited by ff95gj

scan 1

scan 2

Just scanned in the the stickers, did it twice with one sharpened, the other not. Sorry if its not the quality required though

As for heft, i love it. Not too heavy, not too light, solid where it needs to be, I would love to have a few of them as well!

Well. I've played with heavier toys. Yeah. The Konig is quite heavy. Anyways. I was in a hotel room then. I kept it in the bag because I didn't want all those exposed screws of the toy to get wet and dirty. :D

Here's the toy transformed.

mbig.jpg

So many missed opportunities in my opinion. Like better finger articulation, no screw hole caps, no clear plastic for the visor and wind shield (painted only) and engineering that would permit the legs to pivot outward.

Anyways. Its still a lovely toy standing at 37 cm. :D

Edited by wewe

I wish mine had been shipped already... I'd definitely have done a full review by now. Instead I'm working on consolidating old posts into mega reviews.

jenius- love your site. could you do a category that arranges them by score?

I don't understand why there isn't a video up.....WHERE'S A VIDEO DAMMIT!!!!! Get on it now guys lol.

I've NEVER done a video review. But if u guys REALLY want one I can have it done by tonight.

It'll be a miracle that I get one out before vets like anymoon, collectiondx, wizartar, peaugh, etc. :lol: