Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie

UN Spacy

I don't care about the optional leg pieces but I also wish the neck cover was integrated. I look forward to owning the toy and finding out why that would have been so hard to pull off and why the toy MUST have a big gap on the front of the chest.

What's the Macross universe reason for the Kai having two different faces?

I don't care about the optional leg pieces but I also wish the neck cover was integrated. I look forward to owning the toy and finding out why that would have been so hard to pull off and why the toy MUST have a big gap on the front of the chest.

What's the Macross universe reason for the Kai having two different faces?

In the show there are covers that open to show the mouth when he sings.

They probably could have integrate the neck cover but it wouldn't be flush with the rest of the fuselage.

No, he is right, there is a neck shield. Press the antenna/ head laser back and it pops out enough for you to use a fingernail to pull it out the rest of the way. Doesn't completely cover everything up, but is does make it look a bit more sleek in fighter mode. Other then the gullet in fighter mode and it being a touch fiddly, I am a big fan of the current design...With that being said I pre-ordered the Kai :D

It don't agree that the new one is a parts former though. None of the extra parts are necessary for transformation, just optional if you want to use them.

By that logic a VF-1 2.0 is a parts former because it comes with optional anime hands

I like the extras personally, if you don't like them you don't have to use them.

never knew this, thanks!

never knew this, thanks!

Something else you should know is that [for the current 1/60 version of the YF-19, at least] the neck shield is known to be a little hard to pull out from the head. The one on my YF-19 DN was so tight that I had to fricking gouge it out with a pair of tweezers, leaving marks on the neck shield. And when I finally got the damn thing out, I had a hard time putting it back in. Left it up there ever since. The one on my YF-19 "original color version" is similarly tight.

Hopefully, they'll make the necessary improvements on the neck shield in the Fire Kai and the later VF-19's.

I have to say I’m kind of surprised nobody’s complained about the pinkish shade of red of the toy’s definitive sample. When we saw the first coloured prototype at the Yamato Open Showroom we also learned that, even being faithful to the show, that colour wouldn’t be the definitive one and they showed us some options. The new one is nothing like any of those…

Personally, I'm more worried about the prices this items are reaching lately. It was always clear to me that as the license gets older, the merchandising would be more scarce and more expensive, but I never thought this would happen so soon.

Macross seems to be turning more and more a niche license very rapidly due to the high prices, dividing the collectors between the rich people that can afford these items and the middle class folks that will have to give up on them sooner or later. And Yamato seems to be contributing greatly to it.

As you can guess I'm way behind in Macross toy collecting right now, but I'm cool about it. I am. Seriously.

That's why Bandai Hi-Metal series is there. Less than $100 and still sweet. We still have choices. -

QFT. Waiting for them to make valks from Plus and Zero...I probably shouldn't hold my breath. I have the 1/60s(but cutting back on new releases bar sales) but would like something that I can fiddle around with while doing something else.

I have to say I'm kind of surprised nobody's complained about the pinkish shade of red of the toy's definitive sample. When we saw the first coloured prototype at the Yamato Open Showroom we also learned that, even being faithful to the show, that colour wouldn't be the definitive one and they showed us some options. The new one is nothing like any of those…

I'm not actually sure if the color is actually pinkish, or if that's a combination of the plastic's texture with the blue background. The close-up photos with less reflection seem a little less pink.

Edit: On second thought, I dunno.. I still want to see it photographed against a white background, but it actually looks kind of purple. :blink:

Edited by Chronocidal

I'm not actually sure if the color is actually pinkish, or if that's a combination of the plastic's texture with the blue background. The close-up photos with less reflection seem a little less pink.

Edit: On second thought, I dunno.. I still want to see it photographed against a white background, but it actually looks kind of purple. :blink:

Actually, I think you’re probably right, that’s what I thought when I first saw the pictures.

But then if you have a look at the Yamato’s site Photozoomer there’s still a pic of the old painted resin prototype (it's the 2nd one) where the blue canvas they always use looks darker and less cyan, so I guess there could be some colour balance, hue/saturation and vibrance photo edition issues involved around the newer ones. That’d be very amateur of them but I still hope that’s the reason…

So I take it the back-of-the-hand armor plates are not going to be black with red grills like it shows in the anime

given that it's just more pics of the painted resin prototype that we saw weeks/months ago, there's no way to say one way or another.

Edited by anime52k8

Is that really a problem? It looks fine with it being all red IMO.

I can see where you're coming from, but I feel that with as much emphasis is being placed on making the Vf-19 have an "official" color, they should at least get which parts get what colors correct - everything the Vf-19 Kai was in had the hand plates black with red grills.

I can see where you're coming from, but I feel that with as much emphasis is being placed on making the Vf-19 have an "official" color, they should at least get which parts get what colors correct - everything the Vf-19 Kai was in had the hand plates black with red grills.

I've remembered first official Yamato SV-51 images back then, hands and joint sections are not painted correctly in these images but the final product was in a correct color scheme. Most probably the same thing will happen...

Edited by charger69

I've remembered first official Yamato SV-51 images back then, hands and joint sections are not painted correctly in these images but the final product was in a correct color scheme. Most probably the same thing will happen...

The hand thing on the 19 actually bothered me quite a bit for a while, not just because it's coloured wrong -- it seems to me like it's actually molded wrong. Those red grills on the knuckles aren't even on the toy, as far as I could tell, so it wouldn't be just a case of re-painting it. That said, I've learned to live with it. The 1/144 kit didn't have them, either (it just used a stock Gundam set of parts for fists and elbow joints, etc).

The hand thing on the 19 actually bothered me quite a bit for a while, not just because it's coloured wrong -- it seems to me like it's actually molded wrong. Those red grills on the knuckles aren't even on the toy, as far as I could tell, so it wouldn't be just a case of re-painting it. That said, I've learned to live with it. The 1/144 kit didn't have them, either (it just used a stock Gundam set of parts for fists and elbow joints, etc).

nope, they're molded correctly. It's actually reusing the VF-11's hands, which does have the band on the knuckles.

nope, they're molded correctly. It's actually reusing the VF-11's hands, which does have the band on the knuckles.

Really? :blink: That's odd, I could've sworn otherwise... but OK, that is good news then!