ANIME Figures and Statues

MaveRick

I want to thank Mike and the rest of you guys for refering me to Mandrake. I was finally united with a figure that I'd decided was impossible to get, seeing that she usually goes for a hefty price on ebay:

IMG_20140902_111619_182_zps7t9pqsir.jpg

Now, I don't know if maybe I'm super-lucky or what, but I got this girl for cheap because Mandrake listed her as: 1. box heavily damaged 2. figure stand broken 3. paint smear on figure, but the odd thing is that the box looks as good to me as anything pulled from a case, the figure stand is in perfect shape, and yes there's a paint smear but at this price I'm not going to lose sleep over it. Does Mandrake have super-high standards when it comes to grading their merchandise? In any case, I wish I could take great pictures like some of you but I can't, so I'll just put up a 'pic from amiami's website. Thanks again, guys....

elsablack_zps794e2ec9.jpg

Edited by myk

i ended up pre-ordering the heavy version at a local store for ~21k yen equivalent.

damn you mike for bringing this to my attention.

hope you end up getting one too :p

Oh Yamato-chan, why must you be so beautiful, and expensive... :( :( :(

11,000 yen for the basic version:

o0515064613047836383_zps7ba0c578.jpg

and 18,333 for the heavy weapons version:

o0515040513047912547_zps620b2d26.jpg

I kind of want the DX version, but it's so expensive, and you can better appreciate how perfect she is without the ship parts and water effect. but those guns... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

I haven't seen anything recently thankfully. I took the Figma Motoko off my list after some consideration and the fact that another figure of her is coming out. Sideshow Toys seems to be going back to their old games too. It looks like they changed the skintone on their Red Sonja statue and gave her a tan. So that's $400 saved.

Still a lot for next year most likely.

Does the anime figure industry has specific dates when they announce new releases? Are they announced on the Wonderfests or do they have separate events.

Or is there a news site where I can check for new releases.

I need to know if Daiki Kogyo has plans to release the other heroines from Walkure Romanze. ^_^

Does the anime figure industry has specific dates when they announce new releases? Are they announced on the Wonderfests or do they have separate events.

Or is there a news site where I can check for new releases.

I need to know if Daiki Kogyo has plans to release the other heroines from Walkure Romanze. ^_^

There are a bunch of sites and forums I check for figures. But no one go to site. If anyone knows a good main site post it. MyFigureCollection doesn't even have all the releases listed and I haven't figured out how the site works in regards to new figure news. But when new figures or kits come out they are good with posting it there.

Edited by JetJockey

hey, check it out. a decent looking figure of Rias Gremory. Not sure If I'll get it but a least she looks nice:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-008469

FIGURE-008469_zpsf6a6a4b3.jpg

also, if you bought that super cute tamaki in a red bunny suit, (and I know at least one person on here did), there's a companion piece to go with it coming out. I'm kind of interested; the price is good, she's large, has cast-off and real fishnets.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/review?scode=FIGURE-008408

FIGURE-008408_zpsbb1e02d8.jpg

and finally, Do you like bunny girls? Do you like Eldritch abominations? Do you like Eldritch Abominations rendered as cute and sexy bunny girls? this next one is pretty frakking weird when you think about it.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-008100

FIGURE-008100_zps09f85e9b.jpg

I think I've only posted in here once, but I have to get this one. Sorry if it's been posted already, but the detail of the body, and the sculpt is just amazing. This is a must for me. Super hot, and nothing hotter than a bikini with high heels on. Plus, the pose is perfect. Sorry for the crappy scan. My scanner seems to not be as smooth as it once was. Time for a new one.

post-582-0-05543800-1414430432_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jasonc

Just got Kotobukiya's Bishoujo Starfire (Shunya Yamashita) from AmiAmi. She's probably my favorite out of all the Bishoujo figures I've got. Wonder Woman V1 is a close second.

1. Starfire

2. Wonder Woman V1

3. Christie Monteiro (Tekken)

4. Psylocke (X-Force)

5. Huntress

6. Rogue

7. Psylocke V1 (X-Men, first release)

8. Emma Frost

9. Mystique

Kinda sucks that the Marvel ones changed scale right in the middle somewhere. At least they got bigger instead of smaller though.

Also received Tsume Art's Ultra Street Fighter IV Chun Li a couple of weeks ago, from BigBadToyStore. Really dynamic and I love the blue whirlwind and stone-tiled base. The blue whirlwind is a fantastic contrast to Starfire's blazing orange hair whipping around her body, when you have the two figures side by side. I have to say, Tsume's Chun Li is the best that the character has ever looked in figure form. Outstanding!

Edited by Drad