ANIME Figures and Statues

MaveRick

Regards the cost of life-size anime figures; I saw a life-size (or near life-size) Belldandy in Tokyo once that was going for around 150,000 - 200,000 yen at the time if that gives you a rough ballpark figure.

Or, of course, theres this:

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2014/08/06/japan-buy-18000-evangelion-statue-7-eleven

Human life-size, but if you were still wondering about costs... :)

I'm a bit late, but I have a Mandarake question as well. I see that they sell stuff from various sources/locations in Japan, and each listing tells you where the item is coming from. Are there added costs if you mix sources in one order, or is that just for general information/local use?

As far as I know, added costs? No. Added shipping charges? Yes. If you order multiple items from the same store within the Mandarake site, you can combine shipping; whereas, multiple items from different locations will incur individual shipping charge from each source.

As far as I know, added costs? No. Added shipping charges? Yes. If you order multiple items from the same store within the Mandarake site, you can combine shipping; whereas, multiple items from different locations will incur individual shipping charge from each source.

This as far as I can tell. If you order 5 items from one location, it'll ship in one box. If you order 5 items from 3 different locations, they'll ship in 3 different boxes.

upcoming new Megahouse Yuki?

!!!

She looks better than the first one. Might be a must buy.

i wish figure companies would wise up and realize that Macross Frontier girls in flight suits would likely outsell the Yamato girls. or at least the triumvirate should do well: Sheryl, Grace, Cathy

I think the Gunbuster girls would be nice. I posted a kit of Noriko I think here or in an old Gunbuster topic. I still don't have a good figure of her.

Prison School keeps tempting me. I was able to resist that Meiko in the catsuit. Now they have an anime coming soon and this figure of Hana. It's the alternate look that's the most catching and humorous in multiple ways. And I have no clue what the bottle at her base is for. Definitely NSFW.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-007387&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_keywords%3DMidorikawa+Hana%24pagemax%3D20%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

Edited by JetJockey

colored resin like this:

De-JaY1355331224.jpeg

part of Volk's Charagumin line: https://www.volks.co.jp/page_ex.jsp?CONTROLID=SC0040&BUSINESSID=InitDisp&jancd=4518992222813

needs painting to look this good though, so i hired someone to do it.

i'm ok with painting mechanical models but can't paint figures to save my life.

Ok. I already have that Selene and a few other kits I need to get painted. I'll stick with my two finished Revy figures. I believe that company has a Bayonetta figure coming out. Perhaps they will get the Revy painted or give her to another company to paint one day.

I want it, I really really want it, but September is already heavy on pre-orders I think I'll need to cancel something if I want to get it.

:edit:

She's also hallow vinyl, which makes her price tag pretty high.

Edited by anime52k8