Poll - which 1/60 VF would you like to see next from Yamato?

Graham

Which new 1/60 VF would you like to see from Yamato?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. VF Choice

• VF-0D from Macross Zero, including Shin blue color and standard grey color
    • VF-4 from Flash Back 2012
    • VF-17 from Macross 7, including D/S & S Milia types & possibly Super Packs
    • VF-19 from Macross 7, including kai/F/S/P & possibly Super Packs & Sound Booster
    • VF-2SS from Macross II, possibly including SAP

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/macross/macross2/vf-2ja.htm Pics of the Icarus in all three modes, with and without FAST packs though I don't believe it ever appeared with them on in the anime anywhere, so I'm not sure how canon the packs are. It's a different model than the VF-2SS in many ways, so it's not exactly like Yamato could milk the mold with it, but if they make one they may be open to the other, who knows. I'd have used the M3 for reference but there's no entry for the Icarus in it, sadly.

Thanks for the quick reply and the link. I totally don't remember that valk from macross 2. I may have to watch it again to try and spot it.

Thanks for the quick reply and the link. I totally don't remember that valk from macross 2. I may have to watch it again to try and spot it.

It's only got a couple of brief appearances, both while Ishtar is on Earth the first time with Hibiki and the Mardook are searching for her; two of them are chasing a Mardook battle pod and shoot it down over the ocean, and two more arrive when Feff and a random Zentradi underling are smashing up the culture park. Episode 2, I'd guess; it's been a long time since I watched MII but that's the most likely point.

Edited by Brand

I'm going to have to assume that you then don't like the Stampede or the Armored Ozma/Altos's because if any Valks compensating for something those ones' completely out armor, out gun and out "Gundam" the VF-2SS. B))

I voted VF-2SS.

The Stampede? Yes. It's a bit much too.

As for the Armored VF-25, I just look at it as a natural evolution of the Reactive and GBP-1S armor. You gotta figure someone at Spacy probably said, "S*&t!! Why don't we just integrate the armor with the transformation process? Enough of this sacrificing-fighter-and-GERWALK-modes-for-the-extra-armor-and-missiles crap!" Makes sense from an extended storyline standpoint (much like the YF-21 being the result of further human and Zent' collaborations).

I'll admit there's some "kewl kibble" <_< on the Armored VF-25 too. But that nice little aspect of evolving a GBP-like accessory into a versatile, multi-mode armor mitigates that kibble factor.

In any case, if there's one good thing that can come out of this poll, it's that more people are probably checking out the M3 website more in-depth. B))

Edited by Mog

I'm going to have to assume that you then don't like the Stampede or the Armored Ozma/Altos's because if any Valks compensating for something those ones' completely out armor, out gun and out "Gundam" the VF-2SS. B))

I voted VF-2SS.

but on the Armored VF-25, everything looks like it's supposed to be their. It may be over the top ridiculously armed, but it still looks like it's supposed to be that way. the VF-2SS with SAP looks like a Fighter being humped by another fighter that was designed by a completely different dude.

Yes because clearly they're going to make a toy of a mecha from the one Macross OVA that was pretty mediocre and has received about as much attention over the years as Gundam X or G-Saviour (ok maybe that's too harsh).
I'm not convinced until I see it in writting or a press conference.

Actually comparing Macross to G-Savior is pretty apt considering both have been mostly ignored by their respective companies and only got one piece of mecha related merchandise at their time of release. Its inclusion in Ultimate Ace Frontier does make it a little more like Gundam X, which manages to get a little love in the various Gundam games.

but on the Armored VF-25, everything looks like it's supposed to be their. It may be over the top ridiculously armed, but it still looks like it's supposed to be that way. the VF-2SS with SAP looks like a Fighter being humped by another fighter that was designed by a completely different dude.

THIS.

No matter how many times I look at the VF-2SS in fighter mode, I just can't like it. Battroid looks good, but that's it.

-Kyp

I present to you, the yf-2ss

_DSC9026.jpg

Who cares if the VF-2SS was designed by a different dude. That guy sure knows how to design a bad-ass mecha that is quite unique that stands out!

QFT. As stated earlier, if the design is awesome, make it a toy, REGARDLESS of the designer. It's all about having an open mind. Trust me, you won't be disappointed. :D

Edited by Big Irv

VF-0D or VF-4.

The VF-2SS has such a crappy, generic fightermode design in my opinion. And it feels rather gundamish.

And if yamato could start from scratch with a completely new mold...the VF-19 with the same level of quality as the YF-21 and VF-11.

Too many good VF's to pick from, hell anything else then the VF-2SS and im happy.

Edited by thankheaven

QFT. As stated earlier, if the design is awesome, make it a toy, REGARDLESS of the designer. It's all about having an open mind. Trust me, you won't be disappointed. :D

The design is hardly awesome.

BTW. Isn't it Kawamori who ultimately has final say on what's released?

The design is hardly awesome.

BTW. Isn't it Kawamori who ultimately has final say on what's released?

No. It's not. Once you understand how companies make money off of licensing, Yamato, Bandai, Big West and any other "gathering of the suits", you'll realize that waiting for Kawamori to sign off on EVERY Macross product there is is a lot like stating "Stan Lee has final say on what Marvel products are released." The suits would like Kawamori's blessing, and even summarized collaboration in design, but in the end, the almighty dollar (or yen, in this case) decides who makes what.

Also, do yourself a favor, and read this entire thread from beginning to end. Agent-GHQ has, IMHO made a rather strong case for the VF 2SS with all the really cool photos, especially when put up against the VF-4. Others have made strong cases for the VF 17 and 19. The hate displayed against the VF-2SS just sounds way too much like typical Unreasonable Fanboy ranting (for those who are TF fans, I'm sure you can relate to all the Geewunner ranting EVERYTIME Hasbro takes TFs outside the over 20 years old design element). B))

Edited by Big Irv

I present to you, the yf-2ss

Genius work there eugimon!

While I am not fond of the MacrossII episodes/movie I do like the mechs even though they were not designed by Kawamori. They do look a little bit ridiculous too though. I like the yakukazai (spelling?) ish fuselage / cockpit. However with the SAP I can imagine this product being very expensive.

I still hope for the VF-4 and the VF-0D most.

Frankly I'd love to (and hopefully will) see Yamato do them all. I voted VF-4 simply because to me as a transformable mecha it's the most interesting deviation from Kamawori's usual style. Even the battroid mode has its quirky charm (the bare metal parts, the bulky upper body, the sleek teardrop shaped head - it seems like a raw mechanism in ways the other robots don't ). Besides, having churned over ways of making it work in my mind it strikes me as the most challenging design.

Heh, that being said, it doesn't seem very likely that Yamato will do a toy just because it's the most rare and challenging (although they are definitely up for it).

Having voted the unlikely underdog, I'll throw it a bone. If you take a quick swing by Mr. March's Macross Mecha Manual (um, when it's loading again) and gape at some of the many gorgeous mecha from the VFX games (still waiting to find life in glorious ABS plastic), you'll see that there is actually quite a few cannon paint variations on the VF-4, including two flown my Max and Milia. So you could do Hikaru, Max, Milia, and a Ravens color scheme and be perfectly cannon. There are also design works sketches for a second head type, so in theory there's more milking possibilities than with the VF-0 or VF-19.

That being said, the 2SS would be my second choice, simply because I feel these are very cool designs that have been sorely neglected. However, I will agree, they are unrealistic and a tad over the top (although I think compared to most mecha franchises, this is an elegantly contrived over the top - hey, it's a valk with panache!).

But again, it would be wonderful to see all of them eventually - I just want to plunk down for the least likely ones while there is still hope!

VF-17 FTW! I would love to see it done properly with the fast-pack add-ons. 2nd choice would be the VF-4.

I'm a little surprised the 2SS is getting so much love. It's a cool design, don't get me wrong, it's just that I would have thought the 'canon' valks would be more of a priority.

What I REALLY want to see from Yamato would be the reintroduction of diecast for key stress joints like the DX's, but there you go.

Sure, but the VF-2SS ISN'T AWESOME. An ugly design is an ugly design is an ugly design. I've got a plenty open mind, If someone designs an awesome transforming mech, I'd by it, if it look good. the VF-2SS DOES NOT LOOK GOOD.

In fact, I never said anything about not liking it because it's not an SK design, stop trying to put words in my mouth. the different designer comment was in reference to the complete lack of unity between the VF-2SS and the SAP packs. they don't look like they're supposed to be together AT ALL. It's like 1 guy designed the Fighter, then another guy designed the SAP packs without even looking at the other guy's fighter design, then they set both designs off to the animators with a note saying, "Just figure it out!"

Edited by anime52k8

I am new member here (lurked for long time, but finally joined to vote), but I can't help but notice that the poll numbers and the comments posted here don't seem to jive. A whopping 1/3 of the votes is for the VF-2SS, but not many of the comments are in favor of the VF-2SS, except for one very enthusiastic member. And I don't remember the Macross II valkyrie ever being this popular in general. It seems like the voting is being tampered with to me but that just my opinion. Anyway, I like all these but the VF-4 so its win win no matter waht I suppose. :)

Seriously i really want Yamato to finish off the Macross Zero line first before they move on. All they need is the VF-0D and the Reactive Armor.

As much as i like the VF-4 i doubt its gonna happen any time soon as it had very little screentime. (Still i can dream)

I'm in complete agreement! I voted VF-0D for that exact same reason. They need to finish the Zero line. In my opinion (regardless of whether you liked the OVA) those valks represent a modern take on the original VF-1 design and I just love them. I happened to like the OVA too, so I'm probably biased!

Who knows, maybe the Zero line was a flop for Yamato and they're not willing to do anymore? Anyone know if this is the case?

An ugly design is an ugly design is an ugly design.

So again, with such a hideous Battroid and questionable transformation, why should the VF-4 get any consideration either?

New write-in candidate*: VF-5000G Star Mirage! :p Better looking in Battroid than the Lightning III, still sexy in any mode, and with more screen time too!

*Not actually a write-in candidate, don't second the vote! xD

Cowboy Bebop called. They want to know what the hell that wanna-be, imitation Swordfish II is doing stuck to the VF-2SS.

:p

P.S.--Awesome pic and pose work, eugi! :D

'Xcept the SAP is like a decade earlier.

I don't get why so many people here feel so threatened by the VF-2ss taking the head of the poll, they have to bash it. It doesn't mean Yamato won't address the other VFs eventually. Heck, it doesn't even mean they'll go ahead and make the 2ss either!

As long as I can afford them, I'll try to get every Yamato 1/60 Valk available, just like everyone else.

Edit: Grammar.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

HA HA, Oh wow. :lol:

that makes my day.

(although I think you need to hang a bic pen off the ghost's canard for the rail gun.)

I tried but it was tricky enough getting everything to balance and hold that pose long enough as it was.

I'm actually okay with the vf-2ss design. I don't think it fits in the established macross aesthetic but as a silly faux futuristic space ship... I've seen worse, though the 4 intakes on a "space optimized" fighter is rather silly.